CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Most people don't pay that much attention. They'll see a commercial on TV or a box in a store with a $500 price tag and think "oh cool, a new xbox".

$500 says console generation jump. People have been conditioned this way for 2 decades.

Honestly, the kind of mistake you are describing here is on the consumer, not the marketer.  They haven't tried to trick anybody with this like 343 did with the H5 launch.

There is a market for consoles still, look at the new Mario. Nothing special about the Switch - but the game makes it special.

If Microsoft actually made games where it looks like talent and time and effort come together they'd be a lot better off. Microsoft wants to push cross play between Windows 10 and Xbox- Great and the Xbox One X is a great start hardware wise. Unless you want to drop $800 on a low to mid range gaming pc (not including monitor and kbm) the $500 X is a great deal. But we're talking hardware and we need games. Microsoft has no games. 

What in the world are you talking about? Have you looked at the Switch? Have you reflected at all on its popularity and what people are praising it for? It's completely different from Sony and Microsoft's systems, notably weaker than either, and the only console that isn't blatantly just a shitty PC. It's a portable hybrid system that you can easily play wherever you want. The exclusives are a bonus, as opposed to the sole artificial selling point of the system.

I do love it when people try to make the "cost" argument against PC and include silly shit like MONITORS. What exactly do you play an Xbox One X on? Its built-in screen? Getting a serviceable mouse and keyboard is cheaper than overpriced, proprietary controllers and most people probably have them already, not to mention the fact that you can pretty much plug in any mouse and any keyboard you want. And the potential price for performance is functionally irrelevant when every game for the Xb.O.X. will be tuned for 4K, faux Ultra, and shit tier frame rates.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I do love it when people try to make the "cost" argument against PC and include silly shit like MONITORS. What exactly do you play an Xbox One X on? Its built-in screen?

Most console gamers aren’t buying gaming monitors to play on. So yes, monitors are a valid piece of the cost discussion when it comes to PCs.

It’s not relevant for most people on this forum, as most of us probably have monitors, but your average console gamer is plugged into their living room TV. That’s the entire draw of consoles, plug and play.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Most console gamers aren’t buying gaming monitors to play on. So yes, monitors are a valid piece of the cost discussion when it comes to PCs.

It’s not relevant for most people on this forum, as most of us probably have monitors, but your average console gamer is plugged into their living room TV. That’s the entire draw of consoles, plug and play.

If you have to factor the cost of a monitor, you have to factor the cost of a TV too.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If you have to factor the cost of a monitor, you have to factor the cost of a TV too.

No you don’t. You already own the TV. You don’t already own the monitor when deciding to start PC gaming.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I played on console my whole life until May. I had to buy a monitor, mouse, keyboard, mousepad, desk, OS and headphones to go along with my computer.  That stuff isn't super expensive but it does cost money. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

No

Everyone has a TV

fortnite is dope btw

I cannot get over the art - just not a big fan. But if I'm bored I'll have to try it

• Upvote (+1) 1

No you don’t. You already own the TV. You don’t already own the monitor when deciding to start PC gaming.

Did you know... that you can plug a PC into a TV?! Shocking, I know.

Uh Snakebite to Optic nation for WW2?

He's participating in the race to prestige for WW2

It wouldn't be a great vision if Flamesword wasn't bragging about finishing Top 48 in a COD tournament.

• Upvote (+1) 1

fortnite is dope btw

I'm addicted to this game, I just wish they'd replace the RNG bloom system. 

But uh, also, WHERE IS WORLDS? MLG PLEASE?

• Upvote (+1) 5

I really can't wait for the meltdown when they announce ESL is running Worlds in Burbank.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I really can't wait for the meltdown when they announce ESL is running Worlds in Burbank.

Or at least that MLG isn't the TO.