CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

For such a :Toxic: place, you guys are pretty great at this community/team support thing.  :prayers: 

Your avatar is killing me. it's a Mike's face on a very proficient killah. IT'S TOO PERFECT

• Upvote (+1) 4

I think this is an awesome idea. Might see some old faces wade back in for fun, especially if the prize pools were good. It would be an awesome way to get people pumped up, as you said, and introduce players who came into the scene more recently to the older games and their potential at a high level. If 343i were going to consider going 'back to basics' at all in H6, this would also be a way to sell people on the idea and the mechanics and build some support for that decision.

In any case, it would be a hella fun way to mix things up since H5 is entering its fourth year with the same maps and gametypes it had in year 1.  

This is somewhat of a crazy idea and players may really really dislike it, but it might attract older fans of the series and get people pumped about Halo again.

History of Halo Series

LAN Event 1: Halo 1 4v4
LAN Event 2: Halo 2 4v4
LAN Event 3: Halo 3 4v4
LAN Event 4: Halo Reach 4v4
LAN Championship: Halo 5 4v4

Show the extensive history of Halo multiplayer with a "Halo Triathlon" - but also the different skills needed for each game. Could shoe-in the next Halo games multiplayer somewhere and maybe do a tourney with that. Just a out there idea, but I think it would help with getting fans rejuvenated again.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Been trying to post this on plane Wi-Fi for ages but holy shit Team Team Beyond is kind of a thing now, please tell me I can buy a TOX jersey at the event

:Toxic:  :Toxic:  :Toxic:  :Toxic:  :Toxic:                :Toxic:  :Toxic:                                   :Toxic:                :Toxic:

:Toxic:                                     :Toxic:            :Toxic:                                    :Toxic:  :Toxic:

:Toxic:                                     :Toxic:             :Toxic:                                           :Toxic:

:Toxic:                                     :Toxic:             :Toxic:                                    :Toxic:  :Toxic:

:Toxic:                                           :Toxic:  :Toxic:                                     :Toxic:           :Toxic:

:Toxic:

• Upvote (+1) 2

This is somewhat of a crazy idea and players may really really dislike it, but it might attract older fans of the series and get people pumped about Halo again.

History of Halo Series

LAN Event 1: Halo 1 4v4

LAN Event 2: Halo 2 4v4

LAN Event 3: Halo 3 4v4

LAN Event 4: Halo Reach 4v4

LAN Championship: Halo 5 4v4

Show the extensive history of Halo multiplayer with a "Halo Triathlon" - but also the different skills needed for each game. Could shoe-in the next Halo games multiplayer somewhere and maybe do a tourney with that. Just a out there idea, but I think it would help with getting fans rejuvenated again.

This is pretty good, but I think you messed up. I was expecting a 5th LAN, this one for Halo 4. I'm sure you planned to include it. Must've been a typo.

• Upvote (+1) 4

There will be sleepless weekend here in Finland. Why cant Worlds be in Helsinki. Why? And I must work Sunday night. But anyways: lets hype!

I know nothing about memes, so there will be any of those here. I am old and and my kids laugh me already. Sorry.

• Upvote (+1) 9

This is pretty good, but I think you messed up. I was expecting a 5th LAN, this one for Halo 4. I'm sure you planned to include it. Must've been a typo.

Out of respect for AGL, it was skipped ;)

• Upvote (+1) 3

So I may be reading too much into this, but with how much @Halo is promoting this event, is it possible we could get some sort of teaser for the next Halo? I was a skeptic to begin with but they may be trying to draw a bigger audience for that purpose.

• Upvote (+1) 1