CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

This is the last worlds for H5 right? 

It doesn't look like we are getting a main Halo title this year, so there will probably be one more.  We will probably know more either sunday, or at E3

• Upvote (+1) 1

It doesn't look like we are getting a main Halo title this year, so there will probably be one more.  We will probably know more either sunday, or at E3

im hoping the mcc rework could bridge h5 and h6

• Upvote (+1) 3

Add Snakebite getting greyscale to the list of players getting sick/injured before events.

• Upvote (+1) 7

im hoping the mcc rework could bridge h5 and h6

Only if they add a couple maps

Another year of competitive Halo 5 

4554cfd4ba99f0cd.png

Eh, could be ok-ish if they add a forge map or 2 and if oddball is working fine.

• Upvote (+1) 2

My only gripe with the format is that it completely nullifies a lot of telling points for the progress of each region; will an ANZ or latam team outplace/beat an EU or NA team? Now if they fail to place top 2 in their group, they're thrown into the same top 16 placement bracket. I can't recall if that's been a thing with the HCS in the past but it's a shame to see, especially for a tournament that should be a measuring stick for world Halo.

It's all well and good saying "if you aren't good enough to make it out of groups then you probably won't make a deep run". But the World Championship for me isn't just about the best teams playing each other, it's about the progress for each region from previous years, and a show of the commitment made by not only the HCS to improve each region, but also the individual teams themselves. That's been taken away with this format in my opinion.

this exactly.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can anyone help me out? If I'm trying to visit this site from home it says "#2000 you're not allowed in this community" but once I'm off the wifi i can be on here??

Can anyone help me out? If I'm trying to visit this site from home it says "#2000 you're not allowed in this community" but once I'm off the wifi i can be on here??

I just reset your permissions, this should fix it. If it keeps happening feel free to PM me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It might hard for some to stomach another year, I would be perfectly ok with MCC used until the next game drops.

Oh yeah I think H2A plus another couple maps would be loads better, but signs point to that not happening so....

Halo needs to get to a state where its a sustainable game as a service.  Where we don't need a new big release every few years to keep things going.  Until it gets to that point, its always going to be playing catch-up.

But what about

• Oddball
  • Assault
  • Torque
  • Riptide
  • Mercy
  • Molten
  • Overgrowth
  • Tyrant
  • Stasis

Nevermind.

If they just fixed the geometry on Stasis so its actually symmetrical it could be a fine map.

Fix Stasis.  Use one of the well-performing Sanctuary forge maps. wham bam thank you maam.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It might hard for some to stomach another year, I would be perfectly ok with MCC used until the next game drops.

That would be incredible!  Which games would you guys consider?

Snakebite is doing an AMA on the Halo subreddit starting at 12PM EST for anyone who's interested.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Oh yeah I think H2A plus another couple maps would be loads better, but signs point to that not happening so....

Halo needs to get to a state where its a sustainable game as a service.  Where we don't need a new big release every few years to keep things going.  Until it gets to that point, its always going to be playing catch-up.

If they just fixed the geometry on Stasis so its actually symmetrical it could be a fine map.

Fix Stasis.  Use one of the well-performing Sanctuary forge maps. wham bam thank you maam.

was the frame rate issues with forge maps ever solved?

This is somewhat of a crazy idea and players may really really hate it, but it might attract older fans of the series and get people pumped about Halo again.

History of Halo Series

LAN Event 1: Halo 1 4v4

LAN Event 2: Halo 2 4v4

LAN Event 3: Halo 3 4v4

LAN Event 4: Halo Reach 4v4

LAN Championship: Halo 5 4v4

Show the extensive history of Halo multiplayer with a "Halo Triathlon" - but also the different skills needed for each game.

Go in reverse order and skip reach. I could come up with some elaborate explanations but it mainly just personal preference

Go in reverse order and skip reach. I could come up with some elaborate explanations but it mainly just personal preference

as long as its nbns its fine and i like the order especially if it leads directly in h6 announcement/launch that would be hype

Imagine if the API wasnt available for H6  :mj:  But I assume its going to be the same with a few more endpoints i.e. damage taken

• Upvote (+1) 2

This is somewhat of a crazy idea and players may really really dislike it, but it might attract older fans of the series and get people pumped about Halo again.

History of Halo Series

Show the extensive history of Halo multiplayer with a "Halo Triathlon" - but also the different skills needed for each game. Could shoe-in the next Halo games multiplayer somewhere and maybe do a tourney with that. Just a out there idea, but I think it would help with getting fans rejuvenated again.

Stop teasing me.

This is somewhat of a crazy idea and players may really really dislike it, but it might attract older fans of the series and get people pumped about Halo again.

History of Halo Series

Show the extensive history of Halo multiplayer with a "Halo Triathlon" - but also the different skills needed for each game. Could shoe-in the next Halo games multiplayer somewhere and maybe do a tourney with that. Just a out there idea, but I think it would help with getting fans rejuvenated again.

I'd watch the first 4 if Reach is done with NBNS.

• Upvote (+1) 1