CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Get the camera Mom, I'm famous!

I'll be available for autographs in Seattle this weekend, and I may have provocative photos available for one month's rent.

For real though, great blog post Grim. And that video was wonderful, if I remember correctly last year we had the "get deleted nerd" video, I much preferred this year's.

And I hope Mikwen is alright, awful timing to come down with an illness.

• Upvote (+1) 7

WTF is with someone going to the hospital the weekend of events? APG got in a car crash right before an event, Stellur had gall issues and now Mikwen is sick. Like always, your health is more important than Halo. Get better soon @@Mikwen

• Upvote (+1) 2

Pumped for this weekend. It's going to be killer!

Anybody familiar with the Seattle area know where to snag the cheapest parking? 
Hope to see you all there!

• Upvote (+1) 1

The next worlds (if there is one) should be hosted in Dublin  :simms:

So you can tell people where to park for cheap?

• Upvote (+1) 3

So the event center has a massive parking garage (located btwn Safeco Field and Century Link), there is also a parking lot adjacent to Century Link stadium. 

If you're going to be visiting downtown then this should help: https://downtownseattle.org/parking/#!/

And there is an app called "BestParking" that I like to use https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bestparking-get-parking-deals/id383076098?mt=8

Thank you thank you! 

This should be the new Rent discussion when things get slow; how much does it cost to park in your city?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thank you thank you!

This should be the new Rent discussion when things get slow; how much does it cost to park in your city?

Yeah yeah np. Rates vary by type of parking, location, and day/time. You’re generally looking at $7-$40ish for all day on weekends.

Also the International District/Chinatown and Pioneer Square are neighborhoods within walking distance of the event center. Both have a lot of great food options. And of course food trucks, https://www.seattlefoodtruck.com/

• Upvote (+1) 3

Did no one play last night or did I break the site when I did a rollout yesterday?  :apg:

Did no one play last night or did I break the site when I did a rollout yesterday? :apg:

Teams are busy traveling so no scrims probably

• Upvote (+1) 1

Today I found out that my mate is coaching team Myztro at worlds... I was wondering why he suddenly disappeared to America. OMEGALUL

Go Bobby! <3

• Upvote (+1) 1

The next worlds (if there is one) should be hosted in Dublin  :simms:

Leinster V Scarlets - European Champions Cup quarter final.. i better see you there :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Have we ever had a good Worlds format?

no not really. 2016 was single elim and last year was 4 groups of 3 where the top 2 moved to double elim bracket. it wasnt bad, but 12 teams wasnt enough imo and the format was overshadowed by the shitshow surrounding the event. this year we've added 4 teams to groups but no additional teams get to move one so its kind of a wash. all in all its not a terrible format as it wont affect the top teams but i agree with @@Wonderboy in that it doesnt allow the outlier regions to really show any improvement

• Upvote (+1) 2