CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Man, Fortnite replay system makes me miss a good theater mode in Halo. I hope 343i gets this right in the next Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think Fable are way to behind everyone else now in terms practice. Last night was their 1st time playing a top team since 28/03/18.

• Upvote (+1) 2

GSL > Swiss format. I'm also glad that the bottom teams in groups are sent home. Accelerate the process of getting to the good matches.

• Upvote (+1) 1

GSL > Swiss format. I'm also glad that the bottom teams in groups are sent home. Accelerate the process of getting to the good matches.

with only 16 teams, how will eliminating the 3rd place teams decelerate showing the good matches? especially with a bravo stream

• Upvote (+1) 4

with only 16 teams, how will eliminating the 3rd place teams decelerate showing the good matches? especially with a bravo stream

It doesn't. It will accelerate it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Win all of your games, how hard is that? :kappa:

Personally, I'm glad the only complaint so far is the format and not the venue or anything else (yet). Feel how you want to feel about it, you still have to go in aiming to win all of your games and YES, every team competing should be convincing themselves they can beat every other team.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Personally, I'm glad the only complaint so far is the format and not the venue or anything else (yet). Feel how you want to feel about it, you still have to go in aiming to win all of your games and YES, every team competing should be convincing themselves they can beat every other team.

Absolutely, otherwise there is no chance in hell for an upset. Most people seem to have this view amateurs are delusional and ask where do they get off acting that way? It's a necessary self illusion sometimes. You know the people you're about to play are better prepared and more experienced. You have to forget that and go in with a winning mentality and positive attitude. It's a live tournament on LAN - anything can happen. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't get why anyone would want less games for this event, especially since we don't even know whats coming up after this event.

especially when it comes to latam and anz scenes. eu will most likely have something, but this is the one time all year the smaller regions get event and the only time we see international competition. we are also putting more money on this one tourney vs any other event. why not play the most games possible? world's is the big showcase of halo competition and could possibly be the most viewed halo event of the year. lets maximize the number of games people will see

• Upvote (+1) 7

I personally would prefer a 3rd place into LB structure but i think the current structure is fair (assuming groups draw is fair).  I think the 3rd into LB way still has plenty of exciting games early in the tournament with the added bonus of extra games (always good within reason) and the chance for teams to play teams from other groups. This helps alleviate some of the issues with the placings being based on luck of the draw.

• Upvote (+1) 2

format is fair, and if bottom pool teams end up getting obliterated by the top 2, then all is moot

BUT

if we get a situation where 2nd place is determined by tie breakers, then it would be pretty lame that only 2 teams can proceed.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This will be my second $1 Million tournament I've been to this year.

If its even half as good as the first one, its gonna be a fun weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enrCrCrtQ0U

God I love the noise crowds make whenever someone hits an AWP shot

Also Tarik pumping up the crowd kills me every time

Is there a detailed schedule breakdown somewhere? Like Groups Stage 1 Friday, Groups Stage 2 Saturday, something like that? I feel like I'm missing that information from the halo.gg site.

Just wondering which days are most important to drag my friends, and if its worth coming after work on Friday.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is there a detailed schedule breakdown somewhere? Like Groups Stage 1 Friday, Groups Stage 2 Saturday, something like that? I feel like I'm missing that information from the halo.gg site.

Just wondering which days are most important to drag my friends, and if its worth coming after work on Friday.

This is the only thing I've seen to be honest. On halo.gg they have the show ending at 10:00PM PST on Friday & Saturday; 8:00PM PST on Sunday.

• Upvote (+1) 1

But frankly i see at least a couple pools where the 2nd and 3rd place team are decided by a single, tight full series

In my honest opinion, this isn't a problem for me as a viewer because the players are under more pressure to perform. If they are incapable of performing, then I feel that the audience will be better off with stronger teams advancing. This, I feel, *should* bring out the best in players and give us quality matches from pools to finals.

I understand even more that it's WORSE from a player perspective since you are given no room for error and have to secure every win you can in pools which can be frustrating if your team is slow to gain momentum in a tournament environment. However, despite the format not being friendly to the lower half of teams, this is the current format and all teams should be going in with a goal of starting and ending strong.

• Upvote (+1) 1