CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

snip

This was honestly so inspiring, so wholesome. Wow. Thanks for sharing.

• Upvote (+1) 3

[snip]

This is actually insane - your story is very similar to mine. Yours being much greater in magnitude and effect.

I was a very competitive high schooler who broke his back and needed a competitive outlet while wearing a back brace... So began my MLG days in Halo 3.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Yea...I know you meant well but damn.

Cleared up the thread, if you want to take this Pax event conversation to PM's and whatnot go nuts.

-------------

In Halo related news, our 4v4 is sold out! if you're playing tomorrow, don't forget to do these:

I left the thread for a few hours, did it get that bad? lol

Also, whos been stream scrims? I want to see some of the last before they all ship out to worlds! This weekend is so hype!

Not sure if this is the right place to post, but I just saw the 4v4 tourney tomorrow. Are there any teams out there that need a 4th? Really last minute I know, but I've got experience and would love to hop on a team if anyone needs someone. Shoot me a message if so.

Also, so hyped for Worlds this weekend.

Honestly, going two or more days without scrimming multiple times in the two weeks leading up to Worlds as they have been doing is so ridiculous to me.

Yeah, what it says to me is that they are content with where they've been placing and don't feel like they can place top 3, so they don't feel like it's worth the effort to try. Which is too bad, because in any sport you have you to believe you're capable of winning an event and prepare for it to have a chance of doing well. Total speculation obviously, and I still have a ton of respect for the vets on that team ... but I feel like the players who still feel like they have something to prove got on the grind to get to the top, and they're there now. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well...

I was 30 when HCE came out and my first computer was a Commodore 64 in the 80s. Although I was gaming, I cannot say that I got stuck. I took a civil engineer degree in the 90s. But for various reasons, I instead started to work as a personal trainer. Video game was no longer a part of my life, not even the slightest.

Then it happened. I was in an accident that instantly changed my life. I broke my back and went through acute surgery. My life the day before the accident was filled with exercise and outdoor activities, and 24 hours later, I was more or less physically destroyed. From being able to lift heavy and run far, I could not go to the bathroom without help. It took incredibly hard on the psyche to just lie there at home and see my hard earned physique just fade away. I lost my job as a personal trainer and I barely had any money. I was completely cracked.

My wife bought me a xbox and some games. She hoped that would cheer me up and give me something to do. But no, it didn’t amuse me. One day my wife was going to the store and asked if I would like to have a new game. I told her that she could always check at the store and ask them to recommend something. She came home with a game called Halo Combat Evolved. I remember that I was disappointed because I wanted something like a racing game or so. I didn´t know what kind of shit Halo was. But a boring day I loaded the game, even if the desire to play was close to zero.

My old video game skills was of course of no use, this was the first FPS I ever played. I recall that it was a pain in the ass just to find that Captain Keyes guy and I was just seconds from throwing the game in the trash. But I prevailed and finished the game on easy... “Hmm, that was kind of fun…”

Now, many years later, I think back to that time in my life. I was depressed. There were no joys at all. But when I started playing Halo, something happened to me. I began to actually do something. When I woke up in the morning I started to play Halo directly. It was as if the game had triggered my competitive instinct that had been deeply buried for several months. I started to feel better and in the same time the rehabilitation started to go better. I also applied for an education to start all over again. My body had started to heal and I started to feel happy again. A couple of years later, I finished my education and got a job.

Now, 17 years later I still play Halo almost every day. Only Halo. Always Halo. For me, the game and the entire Halo Universe have a place in my heart forever.

This weekend will be awesome!

:mj:  

• Upvote (+1) 1

Tox drew 6-6 with NV last night and INF drew with NV the previous night so INF = TOX

Infused is the MOST underrated team by far, I think they can break top 4 is they dont get bracket fucked

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hope TOX gets the W. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Infused is the MOST underrated team by far, I think they can break top 4 is they dont get bracket fucked

I think last event Respct didnt play as good as he normally does. Hopefully he's back to his old ways this event.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not sure if this is the right place to post, but I just saw the 4v4 tourney tomorrow. Are there any teams out there that need a 4th? Really last minute I know, but I've got experience and would love to hop on a team if anyone needs someone. Shoot me a message if so.

Also, so hyped for Worlds this weekend.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I think last event Respct didnt play as good as he normally does. Hopefully he's back to his old ways this event.

Who was the one that threw up on mainstage at Denver? Not sure if it was food poisoning or nerves.. but sometimes the big stage can terrify players.

I believe if ANY team is to get top 4 other than Renegades, Reciprocity, EnvyUs, ToX or Splyce it will be Oxygen Supremacy or Elevate. 

Who was the one that threw up on mainstage at Denver? Not sure if it was food poisoning or nerves.. but sometimes the big stage can terrify players.

I believe if ANY team is to get top 4 other than Renegades, Reciprocity, EnvyUs, ToX or Splyce it will be Oxygen Supremacy or Elevate. 

i could see os taking third in their group to infused tbh

• Upvote (+1) 4

OT but this is Kampy's stream title. Idk how long it's been this but  :apg: nonetheless.

UhVRNWI.png

I know this is a 2 day old post but I'm fairly certain he's not coming back. I feel like he'd be streaming Fortnite pretty regularly otherwise.

here are the groups. hopefully we can see a format change though i doubt it at this point

Yeah very unlikely at this point. Really unfortunate as we'll lose either oxygen or infused right off the bat. Both these teams are capable of top 6 and maybe even pushing some of the top 4 teams.
  • Upvote (+1) 1