CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Seems like everyone has been bailing on the Str8 org lately

I’m pretty sure he’s still doing it

• Upvote (+1) 1

I’m pretty sure he’s still doing it

I’m sure he will, but being dedicated to something full time vs trying to build while having a full time job is a big difference

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Tom has had a job nearly the whole time Str8 has been an org. His position at UGC is the same thing his position at ESL was, something to pay the bills while he tries to grow Str8.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What was the tweet that T2 made? He must've deleted it because I can't find it. Thanks in advance

Didnt Gandhi also work for UGC before getting the job at HiRez? Is it a similar postion with them? 

http

thDaIIFs6V4AAiXc3.jpgats it

This was far worse and he got hired as a caster for yrs, lol. #Freet2 

Ghandhi and Maven both worked for UGC is 2014.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Boam went off at the end of that FFA. It was cool seeing Graver play as well, at my local store FFA when the name Graver came up as the guy in the next round, our best guy got nervous and he was champ 43. Placing top six in the Beyond FFA definitely makes sense I guess.

Good show guys.

Haha, thanks. Who all was at your store? I didn't think anybody would even recognize my name in it...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly, while MLG has brought a massive increase in event production value and in person experience, there's a lot of issues that the community seems to have thought they'd be able to solve that they ended up not addressing. It feels clear that we are an afterthought. The World's pool format feels like a cop out to have to stream less Halo. There hasn't been ANY extra effort to show the personality of our players like MLG used to. Nothing has changed about the viewing experience except that there's no longer so many technical issues. I'm not saying it's MLGs fault as it could be the result of 343 not giving them total control, but it is disappointing.

It seems like MLG just runs the technical side of things and the ins and outs of the events. I want the broadcasts to be MLG style too.

How would you like to "change" the viewing experience outside of eliminating the tech issues and downtimes, while having the same stale game with same game types and same features/limitations ?

Having little to non downtimes, the ability to jump to side stations for non stop action, almost none tech issues And having dedicated observers has greatly improved the overall experience for me personally.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Learn more about the players as people, rather than about the players as robots who are good at video games.

I think this has to do something with Hcs being owned by 343 and MLG being hired to run events. This is something that 343 should be doing since the game goes trough multiple To's. But I am sure they will have something ready for HWC.

Haha, thanks. Who all was at your store? I didn't think anybody would even recognize my name in it...

It was myself (playing under a different tag), a guy with the name Nok Dublin, and the person who recognized your name was a guy with the tag "CHILLED U". We played out of the Calgary Microsoft store. I'll be honest I'm not sure if he was familiar with you due to just playing you in matchmaking or if you guys actually ran customs together or something. I believe he played you in round three or four.

Isn't IRA that terrorist group which bombed cars and such in Ireland in the 90's(I assume that might be called "the troubles"?) Only reason I know about it is Cranberries' Zombie song.

I'd read into it a bit more. The troubles literally stopped when I was born so thankfully I didnt experience much of it. But my parents told me stories of when they were younger and what it was like and it sounded scary. They pretty much formed to retaliate the British forces taking hold of the counties in Northern Ireland. The British army and police would constantly harass Catholics. Thankfully those days are behind the country now.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Elevate destroyed Infused and Oxygen Supremacy just beat Elevate. I'm a bit worried now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The last game in the SPY vs REC series ended 22:50 to Reciprocity. Im going to assume Splyce just couldnt be bothered to scrim anymore  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

It was myself (playing under a different tag), a guy with the name Nok Dublin, and the person who recognized your name was a guy with the tag "CHILLED U". We played out of the Calgary Microsoft store. I'll be honest I'm not sure if he was familiar with you due to just playing you in matchmaking or if you guys actually ran customs together or something. I believe he played you in round three or four.

Ohhhh, makes sense now! We play all the time, so it was funny that we actually ended up matching in the semi-finals. I pulled off a miracle to get to the finals when he played better overall in both of those games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There was some very interesting conversations in that Tweet thread tho! My boi adam hitting the target with that H:CE example.

What is funny about that (and I totally agree with him) is that Halo 3 MLG essentially cemented that belief among a lot of gamers. The massive divide in gameplay made people begin to stigmatize "competitive" and "casual"

• Upvote (+1) 7

What is funny about that (and I totally agree with him) is that Halo 3 MLG essentially cemented that belief among a majority of gamers. The massive divide in gameplay made people begin to stigmatize "competitive" and "casual"

That's why I support somewhat the idea of Universal Settings in Halo, and I kind of liked how 343 tried to do that. But I strongly believe that you either have the settings pretty much perfected at launch, or you don't try such thing and stick to Social/Ranked settings. I don't know man, 343 completely abandoning universal settings after launch (honestly, a while after it launched) left a bad taste in my mouth.

IMO: Community will most likely accept either type of settings; like Halo: CE's or Halo 3's, as long as it's well done for BOTH sides and has a good amount of content - for casuals players and competitive players. Just my 0.0002 Bolivar cents.

• Upvote (+1) 2