CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I like that he plays along  :simms:

I legit almost spit my water out when I saw him tweet that.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm curious. Do you guys think it's fair that T2 isn't casting because of that tweet?

While I think T2's tweet was very very stupid, I think it is petty and immature of 343 to respond by depriving the HWC viewers of one of Halo's best casters. I might feel different if it were a different company but it's 343 who rarely if ever actually properly address the prevailing criticisms of their games which they fail to realize are shared by everyone in the Xbox gaming community who don't still play their games. But yeah, really really poor judgment of T2 to tweet what he did.

This is if that is in fact the reason he's not casting.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm curious. Do you guys think it's fair that T2 isn't casting because of that tweet?

Not really. The tweet was worded really bad but I think stopping someone who's one of the most integral parts of competitive Halo history from casting over 1 tweet is just a little bit extreme.

Just a *little* bit

• Upvote (+1) 1

Frankly, yes.  That tweet was pretty inflammatory and stupid.  There is already enough "us" vs "them" when it comes to casual vs. competitive.

I think T2 is allowed to say whatever he wants, but I also think 343 is allowed to keep him from casting if they so choose. That being said, I wish they'd let him cast because he's good. 

Also I'm not sure what they're trying to accomplish by not letting him cast. I'm assuming they're just trying to send a message? The only other thing I can think of is that 343 expects a lot of casuals to A. watch the event, B. have read T2's tweet/be aware of his stance and C. get upset that 343 would let him cast after he said what he did. But that seems like a long shot lol. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think T2 is allowed to say whatever he wants, but I also think 343 is allowed to keep him from casting if they so choose. That being said, I wish they'd let him cast because he's good. 

Also I'm not sure what they're trying to accomplish by not letting him cast. I'm assuming they're just trying to send a message? The only other thing I can think of is that 343 expects a lot of casuals to A. watch the event, B. have read T2's tweet/be aware of his stance and C. get upset that 343 would let him cast after he said what he did. But that seems like a long shot lol. 

This is the internet and a franchise with some very vocal impassioned fans.  If Multi could lose his 343 job because of some drama-pursuing blowhards on reddit, you can be damn sure something similar would happen regarding someone that isn't nearly as anonymous.

• Upvote (+1) 2

T2 has never been shy about dumping on 343i, Halo 5, and/or anyone involved with putting on events over the last few years (and not just on his own stream--also from the casting desk). I respect him as a player and I generally enjoy his work at the desk, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if someone asked him to step back from casting. Bashing the people you work with is not a recipe for good and successful business relationships.

That T2's tweet makes it seem like it's his decision not 343 blocking him from casting and if T2's just straight up refusing to cast then he comes off as a massive hypocrite after going after Tom for "not supporting the scene".

• Upvote (+1) 4

So I was visiting Ireland last summer and driving through Belfast when all of a sudden.... [snip]

Well actually it's 'Tony Taylor' but the parallel is fun. Tony Taylor was a member of the IRA and went to jail in the 90s for activity during the Troubles.

LMFAO that is great. 

I don't believe it had anything to do with Twitter but then again I can only guess. I feel it had more to do with his level of interest and communication with MLG/343. 

Honestly, while MLG has brought a massive increase in event production value and in person experience, there's a lot of issues that the community seems to have thought they'd be able to solve that they ended up not addressing. It feels clear that we are an afterthought. The World's pool format feels like a cop out to have to stream less Halo. There hasn't been ANY extra effort to show the personality of our players like MLG used to. Nothing has changed about the viewing experience except that there's no longer so many technical issues. I'm not saying it's MLGs fault as it could be the result of 343 not giving them total control, but it is disappointing.

It seems like MLG just runs the technical side of things and the ins and outs of the events. I want the broadcasts to be MLG style too.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Honestly, while MLG has brought a massive increase in event production value and in person experience, there's a lot of issues that the community seems to have thought they'd be able to solve that they ended up not addressing. It feels clear that we are an afterthought. The World's pool format feels like a cop out to have to stream less Halo. There hasn't been ANY extra effort to show the personality of our players like MLG used to. Nothing has changed about the viewing experience except that there's no longer so many technical issues. I'm not saying it's MLGs fault as it could be the result of 343 not giving them total control, but it is disappointing.

If there aren't a bunch of compelling features on players and storylines during the world's broadcast I'll be SHOCKED. You don't blow your load on the more minor events.

If there aren't a bunch of compelling features on players and storylines during the world's broadcast I'll be SHOCKED. You don't blow your load on the more minor events.

The thing is, there wasn't ANY load blown on the last two events. Not even a little. It was just like an ESL event in that regard.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I was visiting Ireland last summer and driving through Belfast when all of a sudden....

BHQgqeA.jpg

Well actually it's 'Tony Taylor' but the parallel is fun. Tony Taylor was a member of the IRA and went to jail in the 90s for activity during the Troubles.

Isn't IRA that terrorist group which bombed cars and such in Ireland in the 90's(I assume that might be called "the troubles"?) Only reason I know about it is Cranberries' Zombie song.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds and Blow Your Load thread

• Upvote (+1) 5

So what exactly does T2 going to UGC mean? Is he still associated with Str8 and MLG?