CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

What happened to T2? 

In jail for failing to pay Str8 players salaries.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What happened to T2? 

He's in jail for BXR'ing a minor

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Boam went off at the end of that FFA. It was cool seeing Graver play as well, at my local store FFA when the name Graver came up as the guy in the next round, our best guy got nervous and he was champ 43. Placing top six in the Beyond FFA definitely makes sense I guess.

Good show guys.

• Upvote (+1) 9

man, I haven't watched Halo in a while but HWC is bringing me back. It's funny how these rosters look like teams just got thrown in a blender, but Tox just keeps on keeping on. I kinda like that tbh

Having the constant listen in at low volume would be cool but would clash with the god awful "Spartan chatter".

2gre's stream is literally the most boring Twitch channel I've ever watched

agree that he's a good analytical caster though

Except I never mentioned Twitch or his stream.

Having the constant listen in at low volume would be cool but would clash with the god awful "Spartan chatter".

That can be turned off per player and for the observer too, but I imagine that's important info for some players.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Except I never mentioned Twitch or his stream.

you mentioned his personality and on-screen presence ... this might blow your mind but the HCS is streamed on Twitch

• Upvote (+1) 1

Glad TB is doing tournaments again, but I really think FFA should be 6 man. 8 man is hell on earth.

But 6 man is honestly a snooze.  This might sound crazy because us humans arbitrarily like round and even numbers for some reason... but maybe we should try 7 man FFA?? No powerups.

• Upvote (+1) 8

He'd be cool as a guest in the booth though. Remember how many guests MLG used to bring into the booth? It was really cool and allowed for a lot of different perspectives to be heard while also letting you grow to know the player a little bit.

I agree with you on this, I watched the burton open a few weeks ago and the casters constantly had pro snowboarders who had been eliminated in the booth with them, it made it amazing to watch

• Upvote (+1) 1

It all comes down to delivery. That clip that WB posted was honestly amazing. I think the player audio should be a bit lower but you don’t want to bombard the viewers with word salad. Commentary sets up the energetic moments and drives the story home. I disagree that people would rather here ONLY the players because it’s jarring to listen to. Comms are fast and frantic and difficult to discern what’s valuable and what isn’t for the average viewer. I do agree that Halo commentary can improve and I personally feel that the entire Halo casting team is no where near it’s potential. We have some seriously talented guys calling these games and they’re only getting better.

As much as I stand behind listen ins for each and every game.. I think my favorite ratio as a viewer is 60:40 with the most time being towards discussion/commentary.  I have always enjoyed the conversation side of color/play by play but it seems in Halo screaming at the tiniest of plays to build hype has taken over. I enjoy hearing Walshy's well thought out rants mixed in with Simms unlimited repertoire of terms and descriptions. It's not radio, the bigger picture should be the main topic when gameplay is on the screen. A lot of the time the 'dead air' is frowned upon but I feel like it is a very powerful tool. For hardcore fans like ourselves.. having the players dialed down just a little bit and having 3 casters chiming in whenever they have an analysis was really cool back in the day but it can be a little too much for the casual or new viewers.

@@CKS on3 If production is prepared for it, this should absolutely be done. I know Puckett would always get people up in the booth who were willing and it was always fun.

I've finally caught up on Columbus VoDs! I've been super swamped with work so it took me a while. I've avoided Twitter and Beyond since the tournament started. Have I missed any big news from during/after the tournament?

Did we every get an answer as to why Pools will decide 2 in, 2 out instead of 2 champ, 1 losers, 1 out?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Did we every get an answer as to why Pools will decide 2 in, 2 out instead of 2 champ, 1 losers, 1 out?

What ever happened to everyone just starting in the champ bracket and playing from there?