CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Idk 2gre just doesn't have personality, hes pretty stale. His brother however, is much more animated, I think Dan would be a great caster personally.

You dont need a bunch of personality you just need to know how to cast lmao. And he actually understands the game at a high level. He knows not to cream his pants after someone hits a body shot no scope.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Idk 2gre just doesn't have personality, hes pretty stale. His brother however, is much more animated, I think Dan would be a great caster personally.

His analytical casting during the Papa Johns tournament was the best I've heard during H5.

• Upvote (+1) 7

You dont need a bunch of personality you just need to know how to cast lmao. And he actually understands the game at a high level. He knows not to cream his pants after someone hits a body shot no scope.

With a Pistol.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Honestly, watching back the Halo 3 MLG days, I'd love team audio to be at a low (yet audible level) behind the casters like it was way back when. It helps the viewer feel like they're a part of the game way more and takes a lot of the burden off the casters to fill the dead air. Having a conversation during a cast is awesome, I loved being able to do that with Simms especially in Columbus.

For those who don't know what I mean, check it out; you can hear the comms even while the casters are talking; granted it was fresh out of a listen in but it still gave atmosphere to the game. 2:04

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50PVimN2tBY&feature=youtu.be&t=123[/media]

Also, casting with Towey last year was awesome. It's a shame he's wrapped up with EG stuff at the moment because he has one of the best analytical minds in all of Halo and did a great job of explaining the game at last years worlds.

Not sure if I'd be able to stand team audio, commentators, and Halo 5's abrasive audio design all at once. Might be a bit much for esports nowadays...

HOWEVER, this style of casting is miles ahead of our current style of constant-talking. Definitely a solid example of where Halo could draw some inspiration.

• Upvote (+1) 2

That T2's tweet makes it seem like it's his decision not 343 blocking him from casting and if T2's just straight up refusing to cast then he comes off as a massive hypocrite after going after Tom for "not supporting the scene".

Yeah we definitely need more team listen ins. I'm sure we only get around 2 or 3 per LAN right now?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Idk 2gre just doesn't have personality, hes pretty stale.

What you're really saying is that he doesn't scream at the top of his lungs or tries overly hard to crack jokes when there's down time. 2gre's got personality. He's just not gonna overwhelm the stream. Which is fine. Because the dude is smart as hell and knows more about Halo than everyone in the booth aside from Walshy.

Except for that time when he said "no bloom, no skill" during the Reach era. I gave him shit for that on the forums back in the day. Lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What you're really saying is that he doesn't scream at the top of his lungs or tries overly hard to crack jokes when there's down time. 2gre's got personality. He's just not gonna overwhelm the stream. Which is fine. Because the dude is smart as hell and knows more about Halo than everyone in the booth aside from Walshy.

Except for that time when he said "no bloom, no skill" during the Reach era. I gave him shit for that on the forums back in the day. Lol.

You could've just said everyone casting. Walshy is a smart guy but he quit playing a long time ago. The further out you get from when a player retired the more disconnected they are from what players are actually doing and thinking right now. The reason 2gre was so good is that he justtt got done playing and being involved every single day 

2gre's stream is literally the most boring Twitch channel I've ever watched

agree that he's a good analytical caster though

Little do you guys know Astro charges by the listen in now.

Sucks but I don't blame em, nothing's free nowadays 

----

Could be totally misinformed - I don't see how Halo will be benefiting from this upcoming tournament. "A prize share of $1M" sure sounds nice but how many people are actually going to attend or even watch the event? Shoulda saved up that money and put it towards a tournament for the prime of next Halo. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Halo casting really need to move away from the hyper-active "here is what you are seeing with your eyeballs" commentary style. H5 is a different animal to some games where in that it can be harder to break down things as they happen just because of the speed of people flying around, but some of the casting in this game in criminally lazy and wouldn't get you beyond a T2 or T3 caster in most scenes. 

This is why T2, ignoring some of the other problems he presents, is desperately missed in my eyes.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Halo casting really need to move away from the hyper-active "here is what you are seeing with your eyeballs" commentary style. H5 is a different animal to some games where in that it can be harder to break down things as they happen just because of the speed of people flying around, but some of the casting in this game in criminally lazy and wouldn't get you beyond a T2 or T3 caster in most scenes. 

This is why T2, ignoring some of the other problems he presents, is desperately missed in my eyes.

Took me a while to realize T2 has two different meanings in this

• Upvote (+1) 4

Note on listen ins, whenever I am casting there will 100% be more. Its down to the caster to call for it, and its something i've made a note of personally to use more. 

Sometimes you just get wrapped up in the game and forget you have some tools at your disposal (being brutally honest here no excuses). Pretty sure every series in Cbus I casted had at least a listen in once with both teams, but as one of my favourite things to hear as a viewer will for sure be calling for them more. 

honestly it's a bit rough for casters ... if all players were miced up live in NFL and NBA games, I guarantee that the average viewer would be 100x less interested in hearing the casters, no matter how good they were

• Upvote (+1) 3

Glad TB is doing tournaments again, but I really think FFA should be 6 man. 8 man is hell on earth.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1