CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

After missing out last year I'm so pumped to be involved in this years finals!

Also shoutout to @@Gaskin @@Lottie Praagy08 and Clutch for being there, 100% well deserved!

ITS LIKE A WEEK AWAY AHHHHHHHHH

Edit - Gold Bar hype, what a time to be alive!

Grats man! Can't wait!

• Upvote (+1) 2

I wonder if the reason we can’t get T2 is because he owns str8 and they are in the tournament

Have a feeling it has something to do with his tweet about the casual players, just a hunch though.

This probably didn't help either.

• Upvote (+1) 4

TO BE FAIR THO, he had a good point about it and he was actually pretty nice about it too.

Why are we running tournament servers on a laptop that isn't plugged in?

Thankfully tho, MLG acted super quick and made sure they had turrets standing-by for the rest of the tourney.

• Upvote (+1) 2

But what he said is 100% true. And it's not just random complaining, his team had a substantial lead and had to do a full restart because of this. 

I'd hope MLG wouldn't be petty about things like that, especially with Adam coming on here apologizing and saying "We can do better". I'm sure there is more behind the scenes that we don't know. 

But what he said is 100% true. And it's not just random complaining, his team had a substantial lead and had to do a full restart because of this. 

I'd hope MLG wouldn't be petty about things like that, especially with Adam coming on here apologizing and saying "We can do better". I'm sure there is more behind the scenes that we don't know. 

That tweet probably had nothing to do with it, the way he worded that is why I think the casual tweet is the reason he hasn't been casting though.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I mean he’s right about the laptops but that casual tweet was the shittiest thing ever.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I do think without t2 on the desk theres a little something missing though which sucks

This is going to be frank but personally I feel like we have very few casters who really understand what's going on in game and can be analytical about plays.If you ask most of the top pro's they'd probably say the same. Wonderboy is pretty good and Walshy is alright it an "overview" sense but other than that there's not much there. T2 was decent in this regard and that's why I liked him.

All that said, I understand that without being in the game playing it's a difficult thing to do.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I mean he’s right about the laptops but that casual tweet was the shittiest thing ever.

it also wasn't even remotely accurate or fair

The logic he was trying to get across in that tweet is actually something extremely important for the Halo developers to realize, but the tone and hostility was definitely a catastrophe.

Ryan just shuttup and go back playing with your covenant dinosaurs or whatever

• Upvote (+1) 6

I wish we had about 5x as many listen in as we do now. MLG used to do more.

Yeah i was hoping that the trend of 12 casters would end and we could focus more on the player comms. I guess they have to monitor comms for profanity i guess but we have butters and strongside calling games in our most visible tournament which is not a good look for new viewers when a listen is much more desirable.

If we're gonna stick with casting duos id love to see mlg reach out to former players and coaches from h5 like vicx or towey. I think that would help add the analytical depth we want

• Upvote (+1) 3

I really wanted to be in HWC but it was either that or The International 2018.....

:mj:

Still going to be watching and giving that sweet + rep to those  hot memes.

Yeah i was hoping that the trend of 12 casters would end and we could focus more on the player comms. I guess they have to monitor comms for profanity i guess but we have butters and strongside calling games in our most visible tournament which is not a good look for new viewers when a listen is much more desirable.

If we're gonna stick with casting duos id love to see mlg reach out to former players and coaches from h5 like vicx or towey. I think that would help add the analytical depth we want

I agree, VicX/T2/Elamite/Towey would be pretty good casters, T2 and Kyle were easily my favorite during the proleagues, pretty sad they haven't casted together in a while

• Upvote (+1) 1

Please put 2gre in the booth for a series his team isnt playing

Idk 2gre just doesn't have personality, hes pretty stale. His brother however, is much more animated, I think Dan would be a great caster personally.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Idk 2gre just doesn't have personality, hes pretty stale. His brother however, is much more animated, I think Dan would be a great caster personally.

He'd be cool as a guest in the booth though. Remember how many guests MLG used to bring into the booth? It was really cool and allowed for a lot of different perspectives to be heard while also letting you grow to know the player a little bit.

• Upvote (+1) 2