CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I think Infused have a high ceiling and only hope they have enough NA scrim time to try and reach it.

Excited to see how they perform at worlds.

the more they can practice the better. this is the team that can beat a us team and advance out of pools. itll be tough but i could see them beating o2

• Upvote (+1) 2

the more they can practice the better. this is the team that can beat a us team and advance out of pools. itll be tough but i could see them beating o2

Their scrims vs NA teams so far. Based on what I've seen I think Splyce, Tox, Rec and NV are probably the teams better than them. They nearly beat NV at the last LAN only they didnt close out their games.

I'd like to see them scrim Rec to get a better picture.

hVCeXka.png

• Upvote (+1) 5

For Halo and other shooters you will look for deals between $180-$215, 24inches, 1ms, 144hz.

Don't buy a monitor with anything less than 144hz as the quality of life you'll gain from the hz is worth the $.

Honestly at this price point, brands don't really matter, just the stats above.

For example:

m6pPWGi.jpg

Link:

Reminder!: You will need to hook it up with DVI-D or Display port to get 144hz. Hell some of you here may have your monitor hooked up with HDMI and not realize you aren't getting the 144hz. Newest versions of HDMI may reach that but in general, nearly all consumer stuff right now it does not.

@@CyReN, Oh bud, you need to try 144hz :lxthul: You too @@JORGE

Does 144hz even matter if you won’t go above 60 FPS?
  • Upvote (+1) 3

For Halo and other shooters you will look for deals between $180-$215, 24inches, 1ms, 144hz.

Don't buy a monitor with anything less than 144hz as the quality of life you'll gain from the hz is worth the $.

For example:

m6pPWGi.jpg

Link:

Reminder!: You will need to hook it up with DVI-D or Display port to get 144hz. Hell some of you here may have your monitor hooked up with HDMI and not realize you aren't getting the 144hz. Newest versions of HDMI may reach that but in general, nearly all consumer stuff right now it does not. 

@@CyReN, Oh bud, you need to try 144hz  :lxthul: You too @@JORGE

He did say he only plays on console, in which case he could get a 144Hz if he wanted but there are also good 60Hz monitors that would also suit his needs. Looking for a freesync monitor may be the best feature to spend money on, ecspecially if you wanna get a good edge in FPS games.

For some reason (like what other people have said) I thought 144hz only mattered for PC gaming, and I only have an Xbox. But I could be completely wrong and I have no idea. 

For some reason (like what other people have said) I thought 144hz only mattered for PC gaming, and I only have an Xbox. But I could be completely wrong and I have no idea. 

No you're not wrong... until the xbox one x 2.0 boasts of playing games over 60 fps it doesn't matter.

• Upvote (+1) 2

30fps is more cinematic.

Well the human eye can't see more than 12k fps anyway, so what's the point?

• Upvote (+1) 7

Well the human eye can't see more than 12k fps anyway, so what's the point?

I remember in 2010 when I worked retail someone told me the human eye can't see past 6 megapixels so anything over that it pointless in a camera.

• Upvote (+1) 3

For example:

m6pPWGi.jpg

Link:

All 144hz at sub $200 is going to get you when you only console game is 84hz that you can't use and shittier picture/color quality.  Consoles don't have DVI-D or DisplayPort and never go over 60 FPS.

Does 144hz even matter if you won’t go above 60 FPS?

Theoretically? sure. Realistically? no. if you have intentions of upgrading to the One X at some point, a monitor with FreeSync would be better future-proofing than 144 hz.  If you want to PC game though,  get 144hz no question.

NV 7-5 RNG. Renegades have been putting up impressive scrim scores against the top 4 teams...all it takes to push them over the edge and to the next level is CONSTANT practice between now and Worlds.

• Upvote (+1) 1

LISTEN TO ME PLEASE!

We need t2 tashi

Agreed

Also good to see Gaskin, the smoothest interviewer ever, back in the line up.

• Upvote (+1) 4

So no Puckett. Oh well. Solid lineup. We got all the EU fellas, that is sick. Love Lethal every event more and more

• Upvote (+1) 4

Been sat patiently watching and waiting through Orlando and Columbus and now I can’t wait to see you all again at Seattle. This should be an incredible tournament.

Glad to see you'll be there my man. It's just not the same without you.

• Upvote (+1) 1