CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Apparently two of the Psychotic Gaming players cant get a visa so that team has picked up two new players. That really sucks to see. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Wish I could watch some of these scrims from ToX's POV to see what they're doing differently

• Upvote (+1) 1

So the dream of a Renegades squad that hopped on the practice grind before worlds is dead.

Unless they are pulling a Splyce and doing other kinds of practice (which wouldn't be a bad thing)

Edit: Actually they have all been playing quite a bit as 2s and 3s just cant seem to get together as a to4??  Also, who has the gamertag "Sprinty Boi"??

My money is on @@NavG123 but its got to be someone around here...

• Upvote (+1) 3

Apparently two of the Psychotic Gaming players cant get a visa so that team has picked up two new players. That really sucks to see. 

LATAM just can't catch a break, can they?

Tapping Buttons getting a chance after getting visa fucked last year ?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Tapping Buttons getting a chance after getting visa fucked last year ?

They scrimmed with Bullet(idk which Bullet that is) & Noble against Str8, they'd be stupid to not get Tapping, idk what the rules are for which players they could pick up, though.

I'd highly doubt they'd be able to use Tapping considering he already attempted qualification in a different region with a different lineup. The term 'cup-tied' comes to mind

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd highly doubt they'd be able to use Tapping considering he already attempted qualification in a different region with a different lineup. The term 'cup-tied' comes to mind

Ok but didn't the other players they are practicing now with also attempted qualification ? Wasn't this also the case of Munoz last year ?

Ok but didn't the other players they are practicing now with also attempted qualification ? Wasn't this also the case of Munoz last year ?

Answer to both questions; Not in a different region.

Answer to both questions; Not in a different region.

Now I remember Munoz was actually competing for latam team before he joined the Soar squad. Really shitty situation for latam.

I feel like this happens every year. Super unfortunate we never really get to see the best that LATAM has to offer.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

So the dream of a Renegades squad that hopped on the practice grind before worlds is dead.

Unless they are pulling a Splyce and doing other kinds of practice (which wouldn't be a bad thing)

Edit: Actually they have all been playing quite a bit as 2s and 3s just cant seem to get together as a to4??  Also, who has the gamertag "Sprinty Boi"??

Not me. I would be Zoomy boi btw.

@@Hully was the one who made the cheap knockoff-meme that had the phrase "sprinty boi".

• Upvote (+1) 3

Edit: Actually they have all been playing quite a bit as 2s and 3s just cant seem to get together as a to4?? Also, who has the gamertag "Sprinty Boi"??

They came out of Regionals on the scrim grind, scrimming 3 times in 4 days, and then like every team Lunchbox has been on in the last 2 years, began to disappoint. It's exhausting being a fan of this group of pros (Roybox, APG, Ace) who just honestly don't seem to take being a Halo pro seriously anymore. It's like why even bother?

I don't know who to assign the blame to. Probably Lunchbox given his life circumstances but who knows.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They came out of Regionals on the scrim grind, scrimming 3 times in 4 days, and then like every team Lunchbox has been on in the last 2 years, began to disappoint. It's exhausting being a fan of this group of pros (Roybox, APG, Ace) who just honestly don't seem to take being a Halo pro seriously anymore. It's like why even bother?

I don't know who to assign the blame to. Probably Lunchbox given his life circumstances but who knows.

I checked Halo 5 arena and saw lunchbox soloing and playing doubles with Ace over the last couple days. APG played a ton of doubles with Neptune and APG, Neptune and Ace were running together a bunch too, so  yeah it looks like lbx can't line up his time with everybody else?  

This is better than multiple iterations of EG though where they wouldn't play at all for long stretches and they were performing well their last few scrims.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I only enjoy fortnite because it's free so all my friends have it.

I like your idea, but that's literally the only reason? It's also a stellar game, which is the other important part of the equation.

I checked Halo 5 arena and saw lunchbox soloing and playing doubles with Ace over the last couple days. APG played a ton of doubles with Neptune and APG, Neptune and Ace were running together a bunch too, so  yeah it looks like lbx can't line up his time with everybody else?  

This is better than multiple iterations of EG though where they wouldn't play at all for long stretches and they were performing well their last few scrims.

i agree, the problem with eg is that there was absolutely 0 practice at times. even if something is keeping lbx from running 4s then having the doubles practice can maximize his time and allows others to get as much productive time as possible

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I know march madness is over, but someone should put together a bracket with every team (roster) that's won a major Halo event in CE, 2, 3, Reach, H2A, and H5. 

I think it would be a fun little activity, and honestly I think it could make a good video segment for the Worlds stream. Would be interesting to see StrongSide's bracket or Bravo's or Walshy, etc and hear them talk about the different teams they've been on and games they've competed in and how they think they stack up against each other.

CLG 2016 > all

• Upvote (+1) 3

Lol this turns into the "Jordan vs. Lebron" debate.

Whichever team you think was better (FB vs CLG/Optic/Tox) depends on the era in which you first really got invested in Halo.

Jordan is GOAT

FB is GOAT

Don't even try to change my mind.

Final Boss reigned in an era before we had:

• Theatre, for reviewing individual games with complete ability to dissect player positioning, routes taken, et cetera.
  • Streams, for reviewing individual player PoVs, with ability to hear other teams' communication and see how an individual prioritizes plays / how they aim.
  • Salaried Players, so players could actually focus on improving their individual ability without as much worry about bills...they could play the game as a job.
  • Forge Mode, so players could engineer their own practice maps or set up things like a massive pile of grenades to practice that one perfect grenade angle all day.

There are far greater tools available for an individual or a team to improve today.  And yet, CLG/OpTic/TOX are still consistently finding themselves in the Grand Finals of tournaments.

To me, CLG/OpTic/TOX is the more impressive story.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 2

• Theatre, for reviewing individual games with complete ability to dissect player positioning, routes taken, et cetera.

• Streams, for reviewing individual player PoVs, with ability to hear other teams' communication and see how an individual prioritizes plays / how they aim.

• Salaried Players, so players could actually focus on improving their individual ability without as much worry about bills...they could play the game as a job.

• Forge Mode, so players could engineer their own practice maps or set up things like a massive pile of grenades to practice that one perfect grenade angle all day.

There are far greater tools available for an individual or a team to improve today.  And yet, CLG/OpTic/TOX are still consistently finding themselves in the Grand Finals of tournaments.

Like i said, don't even try to change my mind.

FB Top 1 forever!!!! WHOO!!!!

Your logic is sound but it's dogma at this point :simms: 

• Upvote (+1) 3

good points, but i would counter with mlg vods, h3 theater and forge, 150-200 team tourneys, and consistent lan experience against each other. classic halo had a lot things going for the competitive integrity for it. the biggest advantage current halo has is salaries. that money advantage helped fb and str8 though it didnt stop them from falling from the top. having to constantly battle on lan vs online is more impressive to me especially when you consider that the core of final boss (walshy, ogre 1/2) won events over 3 halo games and shadowrun)

• Upvote (+1) 6