CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Yea when you completely change the mechanics from one Halo to the next it probably just puts you back at ground zero when it comes to map making experience. There's nothing to build on.

Funny thing with Halo 5 is, even if the maps were build around the new abilities, they are now played absolutely NOT as they were originally intended, thanks to zoom+stabilize or spring jumping. You can literally get anywhere from everywhere. Honestly i am surprised the game even works this way and is competitive.

How many teams could even have a competitive 2v2 among themselves with any combination? A lot of teams would probably just find out whoever had X player almost always lost

It's funny you say that because Envy tried doing 2v2s but whoever ended up on Ola's team lost. Just made Ola get frustrated and say Halo 5 sucks etc. It was on Saiyan stream before Cbus. Ola really doesn't like h5.

Servers absolute dogshit for anyone else today?

You're actually finding games? I get nothing but Unable to Match in HWC & HWCFFA. I'm only finding games in Quickplay and my shots don't register on Coli. The servers have been trash since the Thanksgiving updates. 

Infused is absolutely beating Oxygen and making it out of pools, their scrim grind right now is incredible.

this will be so hype

• Upvote (+1) 2

Infused is absolutely beating Oxygen and making it out of pools, their scrim grind right now is incredible.

Yup I think so too.  I also have Wise getting 2nd over Renegades and MAYBE Vexed getting 2nd over Elevate.

Idk infused looks solid right now but oxy looked really good last weekend. I hope the format gets adjusted because honestly there are so many good teams it will be a shame if half of them just get eliminated on the first day and place 8th-16th.

Yup I think so too. I also have Wise getting 2nd over Renegades and MAYBE Vexed getting 2nd over Elevate.

Remember mindfreak also beat wise at orlando so I wouldn't count them out in group B yet.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Yup I think so too. I also have Wise getting 2nd over Renegades and MAYBE Vexed getting 2nd over Elevate.

What would lead you to believe Wise will beat Renegades? Wise performs poorly in scrims and has not been able to really succeed against top 8 teams at events. Renegades has proven themselves as definitively top 6 and most likely the clear 5th best team.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Infused are really going for the grind. 9-3 against wise then a short 3-1 against elevate after. Worlds is going to be crazy levels of hype.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wise making it to world's is super cool, especially considering the fact, that competition is quite stacked right now (also Hamy made it after not making it last year!), but putting them over Renegades could be bit too much. Even Infused will have hard time making it. Top 8 is super super stacked. Vexed ? No.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yup I think so too.  I also have Wise getting 2nd over Renegades and MAYBE Vexed getting 2nd over Elevate.

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 7

The Renegades squad has already said they didn't practice enough. I'm sure they'll fix that but don't count Wise out. They're solid and led by an X Games gold medalist. #NotHamysFault

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oxygen recently lost 5-4 to Tox, I wouldn't count them out. And if Infused is practicing from EU verse NA teams, the servers aren't gonna be good for one team, resulting in false feedback from scrims. Most importantly, nobody can create the pressure that worlds will bring in a scrim, so nobody really knows the outcomes especially for these teams outside of top 4. 

The Renegades squad has already said they didn't practice enough. I'm sure they'll fix that but don't count Wise out. They're solid and led by an X Games gold medalist. #NotHamysFault

At the last event for Wise to qualify for Worlds vs Armada, Commonly only had 36 kills in that series, where Nebula had 60, Gilkey 54 and Demon D 52. I wouldn't say he's "leading" that team, but maybe he does make the play calls, I don't know.

Source:  http://halodatahive.com/Scrim/Summary/3560

Oxygen recently lost 5-4 to Tox, I wouldn't count them out. And if Infused is practicing from EU verse NA teams, the servers aren't gonna be good for one team, resulting in false feedback from scrims. Most importantly, nobody can create the pressure that worlds will bring in a scrim, so nobody really knows the outcomes especially for these teams outside of top 4. 

Infused is in NA right now bootcamping before Worlds, that's why they're scrimming NA teams

• Upvote (+1) 2

Infused is in NA right now bootcamping before Worlds, that's why they're scrimming NA teams

Okay nice then, didn't know if they were or not.

• Upvote (+1) 1

INF are off too a good start. I hope they can keep it up.

This also looks good for VEX who are notorious for keeping up with INF. I hope they can get some good NA practice in to.