CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

the last couple of days of scrims

i wonder if any other teams are going to try to incorporate the 2v2 practice into their schedules. i certainly hope so cuz i would love to see an even tighter competition in seattle

How many teams could even have a competitive 2v2 among themselves with any combination? A lot of teams would probably just find out whoever had X player almost always lost

Completely agree with this, idk why it wouldn’t be like this but I assume by now it’s too far in to change it.

Theres nothing stopping them
  • Upvote (+1) 6

So what are everyone's thoughts on Infused? With them In the states boot camping for three weeks how does everyone think they will do at Worlds?

They have a good chance of making it out of groups if they are on form. They beat cryptik reasonably easily in Denver which had half the OS squad plus contra and dastroyed. Heard they are running 2v2s with the LAN app as well.

Really wish they were doing the 3rd place unto LB thing though. Much better way of doing things.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This is super weird to me because

1. It implies the casual player is literally just stupid. Casual =/= stupid

2. I'm not sure you even have to explain it. You pick up weapons all the time that aren't 100% full. Including off spawn.

3. We have rockets with only 2 shots??

Haha. #2 is the only comment needed. Why does this have to be explained? Is someone’s head going to explode when they realize their weapon isn’t fully loaded. Most will just say “hmm... this gun isn’t fully loaded” and move on.

These guys overanalyze to a fault. Then come up with weird conclusions.

How many teams could even have a competitive 2v2 among themselves with any combination? A lot of teams would probably just find out whoever had X player almost always lost

they could then focus on mitigating X players weaknesses, probably.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I completely understand their point, but I don't get why that should Trump having the best competitive settings.

This would only be confusing for literally the first time they picked up the weapon.  "why does this have half ammo?" Oh because there are 2/trying something new/same thing as reducing bullets just looks different.  Worst thing that happens if someone really can't handle the SHOCK AND HORROR is someone in MM pipes up and says, "there are 2 on the map so they are balancing it out".

they could then focus on mitigating X players weaknesses, probably.

Shit you do poorly = Opportunities for improvement. Its all about how you frame the situation.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is there a general consensus on the best players in ANZ or LATAM like there is with Snakebite (NA) or Respectful/Jimbo (EU)? 

I don't think Jimbo is a "general consensus" best player, especially with Mose, Respectful, Snipedrone, SLG, or even Quadios to consider. I'm not saying he isn't the best overall, but he does keep getting dropped by his team lol.

Hey guys, Columbus was such an awesome event and hope everyone who attended and played had a great time! I am looking to get way more involved with Halo in the near future and as an interviewer wanted to know what sort of questions you would like to hear on broadcast, whether it is specific to a player, team or an analysis type of question, would love to hear what the community would want to know!

I think you will get more interesting, specific responses if you can take the player back to a very specific part of the game, really paint the picture for him so he knows exactly when you’re talking about, and ask a question about that particular moment. Something like: “So take me back to that Eden Strongholds game. You were 3 capped and the other team had rockets, and you only had 30 points to spare. How did you keep your composure and coordinate your team?” Personally, I would love to hear that answer.

• Upvote (+1) 8

a little scrimmage action from last night

iO35bmQ.png

and @@Infinity, are you still planning on doing that write up on your mlg experience (and are you going to worlds?)

• Upvote (+1) 5

This is super weird to me because 

1. It implies the casual player is literally just stupid. Casual =/= stupid

2. I'm not sure you even have to explain it. You pick up weapons all the time that aren't 100% full. Including off spawn.

3. We have rockets with only 2 shots??

5c6ff1601eb66d25971b886fe1763c0e.png

• Upvote (+1) 8

a little scrimmage action from last night

iO35bmQ.png

and @@Infinity, are you still planning on doing that write up on your mlg experience (and are you going to worlds?)

Damn, Wise and Renegades putting up some nice numbers.

I'm sorting out Worlds, will keep you posted.

• Upvote (+1) 1

One of the things I miss most about old Halos is competitive maps that have 2 snipers on them (IE Narrows, Pit, Sanctuary).

Sniper battles in H3 were awesome both as a player and especially a spectator. There were some Narrows Flag/Slayer games that were montages in and of themselves.

Plz Halo 6

Sanctuary is the greatest Halo map of all time and we need it in every game.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

And midship.

• Upvote (+1) 6

For real though. Dust 2 has been in counter-strike for some 100 years. Why do we have to lose out on solid maps every new halo game?

For real though. Dust 2 has been in counter-strike for some 100 years. Why do we have to lose out on solid maps every new halo game?

So we can have new awesome maps with every new Halo game...oh wait.

So we can have new awesome maps with every new Halo game...oh wait.

Yea when you completely change the mechanics from one Halo to the next it probably just puts you back at ground zero when it comes to map making experience. There's nothing to build on.

• Upvote (+1) 2