CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

the last couple of days of scrims

SfmcqXj.png

i wonder if any other teams are going to try to incorporate the 2v2 practice into their schedules. i certainly hope so cuz i would love to see an even tighter competition in seattle

• Upvote (+1) 7

One of the things I miss most about old Halos is competitive maps that have 2 snipers on them (IE Narrows, Pit, Sanctuary).

Sniper battles in H3 were awesome both as a player and especially a spectator. There were some Narrows Flag/Slayer games that were montages in and of themselves.

Plz Halo 6

Agree with this 100%. Really need a couple dual sniper maps back in the rotation. Although I think this would also require fixing the magnetism on the sniper. Imagine the carnage in H5 when one team ends up with both snipers....

• Upvote (+1) 5

One of the things I miss most about old Halos is competitive maps that have 2 snipers on them (IE Narrows, Pit, Sanctuary).

Sniper battles in H3 were awesome both as a player and especially a spectator. There were some Narrows Flag/Slayer games that were montages in and of themselves.

Plz Halo 6

When you get power weapons in H5 its such a massive snowball-y advantage that putting two snipers on one map in this game is not really doable for competitive play. I loved double sniper maps in the past like Sanctuary, The Pit, ect....but power weapons are so effective that I'm not sure it would even work. I would loved to be proven wrong on this. 

Imagine Royal 2 and Frosty both with full ammo snipers. Thats such an overwhelming advantage right there

• Upvote (+1) 2

Agree with this 100%. Really need a couple dual sniper maps back in the rotation. Although I think this would also require fixing the magnetism on the sniper. Imagine the carnage in H5 when one team ends up with both snipers....

Yeah with the current H5 sniper, this really can't be done.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Spycle's 2v2 training regiment reminds me of the old days of DBZ when Piccolo would clone and then fight himself.
It always felt badass that he'd consider fighting himself the best training method. 

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4

When you get power weapons in H5 its such a massive snowball-y advantage that putting two snipers on one map in this game is not really doable for competitive play. I loved double sniper maps in the past like Sanctuary, The Pit, ect....but power weapons are so effective that I'm not sure it would even work. I would loved to be proven wrong on this. 

Imagine Royal 2 and Frosty both with full ammo snipers. Thats such an overwhelming advantage right there

I mean bad things like that happened sometimes in H3 on the pit. Some guy on your S2 and another one on training just peeling anyone that moved. In H5 that would be every single game. I just don't understand why power weapons are the way that they are. They already all pretty much 1 hit kill they don't also need to aim for us

• Upvote (+1) 1

I actually don't even understand why they made those videos. I guess they just really like Halo maps or something? 

This is why I suggested they do two Beam Rifles with 50% battery for Halo 5. Their objection was "How do you explain to a casual player why their fresh weapon is not full ammo? "

• Upvote (+1) 8

This is super weird to me because

1. It implies the casual player is literally just stupid. Casual =/= stupid

2. I'm not sure you even have to explain it. You pick up weapons all the time that aren't 100% full. Including off spawn.

3. We have rockets with only 2 shots??

The rocket change happened several months after.

But, the added bonus of the Beam over Reg sniper is the one person cannot stack it. You have to split to two people in order to control both. This can be a weakness, even in H5. I can't count the number of times we've seen teams lose control because two people are trying to snipe.

• Upvote (+1) 4

This is super weird to me because 

1. It implies the casual player is literally just stupid. Casual =/= stupid

2. I'm not sure you even have to explain it. You pick up weapons all the time that aren't 100% full. Including off spawn.

3. We have rockets with only 2 shots??

Probably because it would be the first weapon picked up with half ammo that wasn't measured by total number of rounds, but instead measured by %. It would be weird picking up a plasma pistol with 50% charge gone. 

Not arguing your point, just trying to justify what might cause casuals to question it. 

Probably because it would be the first weapon picked up with half ammo that wasn't measured by total number of rounds, but instead measured by %. It would be weird picking up a plasma pistol with 50% charge gone. 

Not arguing your point, just trying to justify what might cause casuals to question it. 

if you kill someone and take their pp it wont necessarily be at 100%. just bc someone plays casually doesnt mean that they wont pick up on the rules and set up even if the first couple of times it seems odd

• Upvote (+1) 1

if you kill someone and take their pp it wont necessarily be at 100%. just bc someone plays casually doesnt mean that they wont pick up on the rules and set up even if the first couple of times it seems odd

Yea I mean you'd think that just seeing 2 beam rifles on a competitive map for the first time in history would be enough of a flag to say ok the rules of engagement are shifting here a little bit. 

Edit: to my original point, the PP wasn't a good example because obviously people pick that up half empty. It would be different for a power weapon that was on a weapon timer that clearly had never been shot before IMO. 

Edit: to my original point, the PP wasn't a good example because obviously people pick that up half empty. It would be different for a power weapon that was on a weapon timer that clearly had never been shot before IMO.

I completely understand their point, but I don't get why that should Trump having the best competitive settings.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I completely understand their point, but I don't get why that should Trump having the best competitive settings.

Yea idk either.

I mean explaining the beam rifle ammo is a lot easier than explaining how your radar in this playlist doesn't track the same things that it does in the other playlist, and has a different range. lol

• Upvote (+1) 3

So what are everyone's thoughts on Infused? With them In the states boot camping for three weeks how does everyone think they will do at Worlds?

• Upvote (+1) 1

So what are everyone's thoughts on Infused? With them In the states boot camping for three weeks how does everyone think they will do at Worlds?

Out in groups. Rec and Oxygen go through.

• Upvote (+1) 1

ignore dis I had no idea their group was ridiculous lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

Kinda surprised they're just doing top 2 from pools advancing to Champ bracket. Also I hope some of these 5-8 teams can pull off some upsets. I can easily see Seattle being an exact replica of Columbus in terms of standings with maybe the top 4 switching spots with each other.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I wish all teams from the pool made it out into the bracket and their placings just determined where they are in it.

If 3rd place teams in pool play get eliminated that is harsh I think. They should set it up like Champs in 2017:

Top 2 in pools go to Champ Bracket

3rd goes straight to Elim Bracket Round 1 (awaiting the losers of Champ rd1)

4th in pool gets immediately eliminated.

• Upvote (+1) 8