CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Just remember that just because 343 is going to try and fix it doesn't mean that it will be totally fixed.

No expectations, no disappointment.

Can’t wait to invite this guy to my next BBQ

If the mcc update comes out before h6, lets have a half season of h2a again

No. Unless they have more maps, No.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No. Unless they have more maps, No.

I'd rather watch an H2A tournament with only 1 map then watch another h5 tournament.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Crazy what happens when you take the observing out of the hands of the casters

:]

Great work!

And even better was the SO15 shout-out on stream  :ace:

I mean it still could be. I'm not going to say I have tons of faith in 343 or anything but I do believe truly good gameplay doesn't have an expiration date. MCC can still be something amazing if it can be fixed 

Agreed, but we are in different times where there A LOT of fun, entertaining and exciting games too(unlike 2005).

I think with 343 fixing mcc. Halo 6 will have sprint, thrust, and 343 will say if you want to play a classic halo game go play mcc.

Also known as the Don Mattrick tactic. Worked out really well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Only slightly related, but one of my biggest issues with modern Halo is the 4.5s (H4, H2A) and H5's ridiculous 5s multikill timer. Literally the easiest games in the franchise get the most lenient multikill timers, this immediately killed the montage scene IMO.

Indeed. Medals used to be great because they actually meant something.  Now you get them for pretty much everything, very leniently.  Scarcity is part of what makes them great to get.  Like sniper headshots in H3. Now you're getting screamed at with medals all the time.  I used to work in an adolescent behavioral health program and one thing that we had to tell parents was, "Stop yelling at your kids."  We know they do a lot of naughty shit but you yell so much, it has lost all meaning.  You compensate by doing it more but that doesn't help.  You need to do it less so that when you are forced to, it actually means something.  Same concept with medals.

What medals would you keep and what medals would you just let the kill feed take care of?  Personally, i would keep multikills, sprees, reversals, perfects and significant objective medals like flag cap, bomb score, 30 consecutive seconds of ball hold time, solo stronghold captures.  Everything else can be represented in the kill feed or PGCR.  And reduce multi kill time back to 4 seconds.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Indeed. Medals used to be great because they actually meant something.  Now you get them for pretty much everything, very leniently.  Scarcity is part of what makes them great to get.  Like sniper headshots in H3. Now you're getting screamed at with medals all the time.  I used to work in an adolescent behavioral health program and one thing that we had to tell parents was, "Stop yelling at your kids."  We know they do a lot of naughty shit but you yell so much, it has lost all meaning.  You compensate by doing it more but that doesn't help.  You need to do it less so that when you are forced to, it actually means something.  Same concept with medals.

What medals would you keep and what medals would you just let the kill feed take care of?  Personally, i would keep multikills, sprees, reversals, perfects and significant objective medals like flag cap, bomb score, 30 consecutive seconds of ball hold time, solo stronghold captures.  Everything else can be represented in the kill feed or PGCR.  And reduce multi kill time back to 4 seconds.

there are so many medals and announcer sounds, that it becomes confusing watching medals continually pop after a triple because the have to process the headshot, clamber kill, sniper, last bullet, distraction, etc medals and it is visually distracting from the game. plus to me its the same as the super magnitism of bullets and large headshot hit boxes where it feels almost insulting. like they think we are so bad that the only reason we'll continue to play is if we can suck but still feel powerful instead of rewarding us with medals for actually improving our play

Indeed. Medals used to be great because they actually meant something. Now you get them for pretty much everything, very leniently. Scarcity is part of what makes them great to get. Like sniper headshots in H3. Now you're getting screamed at with medals all the time. I used to work in an adolescent behavioral health program and one thing that we had to tell parents was, "Stop yelling at your kids." We know they do a lot of naughty shit but you yell so much, it has lost all meaning. You compensate by doing it more but that doesn't help. You need to do it less so that when you are forced to, it actually means something. Same concept with medals.

What medals would you keep and what medals would you just let the kill feed take care of? Personally, i would keep multikills, sprees, reversals, perfects and significant objective medals like flag cap, bomb score, 30 consecutive seconds of ball hold time, solo stronghold captures. Everything else can be represented in the kill feed or PGCR. And reduce multi kill time back to 4 seconds.

I'd keep: Sprees, Multis, the objective plays you mentioned and stuff like Sniper headshots (if we ever get a decent sniper again which is basically impossible). I'd say perfects and assist belong in the killfeed and reversals in the PGCR.

I'd keep: Sprees, Multis, the objective plays you mentioned and stuff like Sniper headshots (if we ever get a decent sniper again which is basically impossible). I'd say perfects and assist belong in the killfeed and reversals in the PGCR.

Perfects and reversals are the only medals additions that i actually like since probably halo 3.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I'm fine with the amount of medals, but I desperately want multi-kill medals to appear first.

Perfection, reversal etc.. medals should still follow the immediate kill, but disappear quickly if you've just gotten the next multi-kill medal.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I'd like to see distractions count as assists in the post game report

No thanks. If anything have a seperate column for it, same with damage taken/received.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No thanks. If anything have a seperate column for it, same with damage taken/received.

damage taken/received would be sick. Just axe distractions, adding a column for it when it's so rare would be a waste. I meant in a general sense it's an assist, just because you didn't shoot them doesn't mean you didn't assist in the kill happening

• Upvote (+1) 2

I feel some medals are there just to give more information. Like a distraction isn't rewarding. But knowing that the guy who was shooting at me from behind was killed is useful to know.

• Upvote (+1) 1

My medal keep list:

• Perfect
  • Reversal
  • Multi-kills
  • Sniper headshots
  • Killing sprees
  • Steak

On the fence about:

• basic objective medals (flag caps, returns, etc.) - as long as you can see the stats in the post-game report, then I'd say just get rid of them
  • beat downs - at this point is does seem like an accomplishment if you get a beatdown to register so w/e I guess
  • cluster luck/sticky medals/hail marry
  • rocket marry
  • distraction - I like that it lets me know I don't have to worry about that player trying to kill me, but kind of takes away a piece of the teamwork aspect

Get rid of:

• Literally everything else (strictly in terms of HCS - if BTB players want a splatter spree medal IDGAF)

May have forgotten some good medals.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Halo 6 5 will have sprint, thrust, and 343 will say if you want to play a classic halo game go play mcc.

I just turned this into a 2014 post.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I feel some medals are there just to give more information. Like a distraction isn't rewarding. But knowing that the guy who was shooting at me from behind was killed is useful to know.

Yea, does the announcer say distraction when you get the medal? i can't really remember. If so I think it's a little much. I don't mind the medal popping up though.