CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

To be honest I won’t play MCC again. Not a big fan of going backwards. My only hope is that h6 is closer to the original halo trilogy as far as gameplay and features.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 11

Actually pumped to be in the insider program, some of my best gaming memories are in H2 & H3. Hopefully we can help 343 make a positive impact on the franchise through the updates to MCC.

It's good that they're actively working to fix it, but the MCC stuff is too little too late for me.  Bought the Xbox One specifically for MCC, and ended up selling both after it still wasn't working for months.

Here we are 1,233 days since its release and the game still isn't 100% functioning. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

MCC fixes feel like a way too little, way too late measure at this point but I do appreciate that they are still working to fix it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's good that they're actively working to fix it, but the MCC stuff is too little too late for me. Bought the Xbox One specifically for MCC, and ended up selling both after it still wasn't working for months.

Here we are 1,233 days since its release and the game still isn't 100% functioning.

Im looking at it like this, if they can get this working properly then I'll have more confidence in h6 being a well made game. And if they listen to fan feedback and make mcc good then I'll feel even better about the direction h6 will take
  • Upvote (+1) 1

My issue at this point isn't really the fixes themselves. Dope that they're doing them actually. My problem is that they're still selling this game. What the population could have been compared to what it ended up being due to the entire first few months being completely unplayable, makes you reflect... Because what's the point of all these fixes if there's no one to even play them besides us? I match the same players constantly whenever I play MCC every once in a blue moon. By the time all of these updates roll out, it's probably going to be even smaller considering it's been about 4 years.

My issue at this point isn't really the fixes themselves. Dope that they're doing them actually. My problem is that they're still selling this game. What the population could have been compared to what it ended up being due to the entire first few months being completely unplayable, makes you reflect... Because what's the point of all these fixes if there's no one to even play them besides us? I match the same players constantly whenever I play MCC every once in a blue moon. By the time all of these updates roll out, it's probably going to be even smaller considering it's been about 4 years.

Conceivably they can put MCC on Game Pass or Games with Gold after it's fixed but there is no incentive to do that now with the current state MCC is in. Nothing good will come from putting a game they know is broken into more people's hands. (I believe that's the reason why MCC isn't already part of Game Pass.) While MCC is still available for purchase, I don't think they're actively trying to sell MCC at this point in time.

Holy Immediate contradiction batman

I mean going backwards as far as technology and graphics. For example I bought the Super Nintendo classic because all my memories and nostalgia of the great times. Once I plugged it in and started playing I shut it off after an hour. Haven’t played since.

Conceivably they can put MCC on Game Pass or Games with Gold after it's fixed but there is no incentive to do that now with the current state MCC is in. Nothing good will come from putting a game they know is broken into more people's hands. (I believe that's the reason why MCC isn't already part of Game Pass.) While MCC is still available for purchase, I don't think they're actively trying to sell MCC at this point in time.

I probably should've been more explicit, this is actually what I was inferring lol. Like if they don't make this game free, all these fixes will be in vein because only the people that have stuck around for four years (*adjusts tin-foil hat*  and the bots they put in matchmaking) will be around to enjoy them. 

I mean going backwards as far as technology and graphics. For example I bought the Super Nintendo classic because all my memories and nostalgia of the great times. Once I plugged it in and started playing I shut it off after an hour. Haven’t played since.

Even in that case i have to disagree.  MCC is switching to 100% dedicated servers and adding a custom game browser.  Feature wise, thats certainly not going backwards.

And in the case of graphics and sound i would argue that the H1, H2, H2A and H3 art style and sound are better than the Halo 4 and 5 design where everything is oversaturated with blown-out effects and every sound is just super loud.  H1 and H2 may not have the texture fidelity you are looking for but thats about the only downgrade from modern halo.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Retro games > the majority of 5 hr, DLC filled, half-the-game-is-a-cinematic current games.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Wait, we have to register for the MCC beta now?

What have we been playing for the last 4 years.

I know, it's so crazy and stupid to think about.

A reminder of the "freebies" 343 offered to make up for the unplayable mess that was MCC:

- Relic remake

- ODST Campaign

- 1 month of Xbox Live

- A Nameplate/Avatar

(2 out of 4 would have certainly been paid DLC if the game wasn't broken. When this was first announced you had to have played between 11th November to 14th December to receive them for free)

Source

That statement came out 3 years, 3 months, and 9 days ago and includes the quotes:

We’ve been working around the clock deploying weekly content updates and numerous server-side adjustments that have shown good results

and

I assure you that the team will continue to work on additional content updates to further improve the all-up gameplay experience.

I'm also pretty certain quite a few people never got that free month.

:mj:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Makes me really sad that MCC could have been THE Halo game we could be playing right now and enjoying the shit out of it....  :mj:

I mean it still could be. I'm not going to say I have tons of faith in 343 or anything but I do believe truly good gameplay doesn't have an expiration date. MCC can still be something amazing if it can be fixed 

• Upvote (+1) 1

If the mcc update comes out before h6, lets have a half season of h2a again

H3*

• Upvote (+1) 4

Just remember that just because 343 is going to try and fix it doesn't mean that it will be totally fixed.

No expectations, no disappointment.

• Upvote (+1) 2