CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Not trying to be a dick but the viewership of Halo the past few events doesn't exactly make a HCS event an ideal place to tease or reveal Halo 6. 

it could be a win-win though, 343 could say something vague on Twitter a few days earlier about "a big announcement after Worlds!" and it will improve the stream numbers due to general interest

• Upvote (+1) 3

Not trying to be a dick but the viewership of Halo the past few events doesn't exactly make a HCS event an ideal place to tease or reveal Halo 6. 

Halo 5 was confirmed/announced on an Xbox post if I remember correctly... so at this point, might as well announce something at Worlds haha

• Upvote (+1) 7

Halo 5 was confirmed/announced on an Xbox post if I remember correctly... so at this point, might as well announce something at Worlds haha

God I remember that. The vague ass announcement trailer in 2013 for "Halo Xbox One" and the stuff with Your Journey Begins in 2014. I don't think they'll do anything like that again, honestly. I think they were sitting on that trailer, fully expecting to release the game in 2014 and then it got delayed, work on MCC began and they put that trailer out and then later announced Halo 5 on a blog post so people weren't expecting it going into E3.

God I remember that. The vague ass announcement trailer in 2013 for "Halo Xbox One" and the stuff with Your Journey Begins in 2014. I don't think they'll do anything like that again, honestly. I think they were sitting on that trailer, fully expecting to release the game in 2014 and then it got delayed, work on MCC began and they put that trailer out and then later announced Halo 5 on a blog post so people weren't expecting it going into E3.

Would have been better to announce Halo 5 during MCC's announcement in E3. Be like, oh yeah we're doing a thing called Halo 5... here's the first pic, and you get to taste it on a beta this december BOOM BOOM BOOM!

Is it just me, or were there a lot more high-level multikills at Columbus compared to previous events?

Off the top of my head, I can think of overkills from Saiyan and Snipedown (x2), plus Frosty's killtac against Str8. There might have been more that I'm not remembering. Seems like a lot more than we normally see.

• Upvote (+1) 3

40k+ wouldnt be bad for a teaser if they have a full reveal for e3 for whatever the next project is. if they hype it enough, it could pull a lot of eyes our way and with the venue and the production of the events this year, could only be a win-win if they want to do it. plus if they hype it through the weekend, get interviews with some 343 staff throughout the weekendor some dev corner vid clips. if they give a taste, i think it will go a long way with the fans and get people absolutely pumped for e3

I could see them maybe dropping the MCC update date at Worlds, but E3 is the place for a reveal of the next title.

• Upvote (+1) 7

looking at the rosters, mindfreak and immunity both have  players names seduce and junior...is that a typo?

looking at the rosters, mindfreak and immunity both have  players names seduce and junior...is that a typo?

Looks like there was an old roster on the Halo Wiki? Anyways, updated the OP to reflect the correct Australian teams. My bad :D

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is there a general consensus on the best players in ANZ or LATAM like there is with Snakebite (NA) or Respectful/Jimbo (EU)? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey guys, Columbus was such an awesome event and hope everyone who attended and played had a great time! I am looking to get way more involved with Halo in the near future and as an interviewer wanted to know what sort of questions you would like to hear on broadcast, whether it is specific to a player, team or an analysis type of question, would love to hear what the community would want to know!

When captains are being interviewed together for pre-game interviews, please don’t ask what their game plan is to stop the enemy team. What are they supposed to say? They’re obviously not going to give their actual strategy cause the opposing team is literally standing right there.

That question should be asked behind the scenes where the announcers can relay that information while the game is going on; that way the enemy team doesn’t hear, but the viewers do. Maybe you’ll get more in-depth answers than just, ‘We’ll do our best to not let Royal 2 get the sniper’.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is there a general consensus on the best players in ANZ or LATAM like there is with Snakebite (NA) or Respectful/Jimbo (EU)?

I would say definitely tapping for latam and probably seduce or junior for anz.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Hey guys, Columbus was such an awesome event and hope everyone who attended and played had a great time! I am looking to get way more involved with Halo in the near future and as an interviewer wanted to know what sort of questions you would like to hear on broadcast, whether it is specific to a player, team or an analysis type of question, would love to hear what the community would want to know!

Definitely ask players about strategy and the game itself. Try to ask questions that lead to non-generic answers. Nothing is less interesting than when an interviewer asks a question and the player responds with "we just have to control the pace and play our game"

Playstyles, roles, strategy, metagame, game mechanics, are all interesting topics that pros rarely topic about.

If you’re in the Halo feedback program, check your emails.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I just filled mine out. I cant wait!

Yup I'm really hoping we get somewhere with this. The traditional playlists management just doesn't work with this many variations of different games and there are a lot of bugs floating around. I wish MCC could just become the hub for Halo and you could choose which games to download and everything, including new games, was just built in.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yup I'm really hoping we get somewhere with this. The traditional playlists management just doesn't work with this many variations of different games and there are a lot of bugs floating around. I wish MCC could just become the hub for Halo and you could choose which games to download and everything, including new games, was just built in.

While it's not exactly what you meant, they are planning on letting people choose what games to install once these updates are all said and done.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If you’re in the Halo feedback program, check your emails.

I wonder what the mcc insider program is going to be

While it's not exactly what you meant, they are planning on letting people choose what games to install once these updates are all said and done.

I'm hoping they have it so you can download arena only without needing to download the campaigns along with it.

• Upvote (+1) 1