CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Already debunked

Eh, i think he is arguing semantics basically saying "we have always enforced things this way".  The actual language in the EULAs did change, but it doesn't look like a substantive change to their actual enforcement.  Apparently part of that is in response to a couple new sex trafficking laws which sound great on the surface but the language is overly-broad and really allows government and corporations to censor anybody for anything on internet.  https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2018/03/how-congress-censored-internet.  THey need to advertise this part of their policy more specifically.

anyway, this is getting to heady politics territory so quote me in an appropriate thread if you want to bitch about it together lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Reveal it right before the grand finals, and then later on at e3 show more footage or whatever.

I'm hoping for a teaser at Worlds, then a full trailer at E3.

This isn’t true, MS always had a clause for banning players for offensive language. They are pretty lenient- but they will take you out for harrassment or being abusive.

Yea obviously that's been the case for XBL, the significance of the article comes from Microsoft expanding their scope to include Skype/Office/other Microsoft services.

Very disappointed that TOX lost. Have zero interest in rooting for Splyce - even though they are good. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why are we suddenly seeking acceptance from the "mainstream"? Esports is something new and different, I think its its own thing and shouldn't conform to the norm.

It being so different is what makes it so great imo.

I agree, not that esports needs to be 'mainstream' or anything I suppose - but the reason I made the post is because during the broadcast I distinctly remember some dialogue where Bravo (BARVO) was talking, and he ended his sentence with 'And what do you think Butters', and I thought it sounded a little odd. 

Could just be the gamertag Butters (not personally attacking the guy in any way, I respect the casting grind) but for some reason when I heard Bravo say it, I felt like asking the question of, gamertags vs real names.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm hoping for a teaser at Worlds, then a full trailer at E3.

I doubt it.  Indications are that a mainline halo game isn't coming out this year.  Making an announcement this early by be premature.

I could see something like Halo 5 going F2P (doubtful though since its in game pass), or fixing PC aiming and adding matchmaking, info on next worlds season etc.

They have to announce SOMETHING significant though. curious to what it is.

Hey guys, Columbus was such an awesome event and hope everyone who attended and played had a great time! I am looking to get way more involved with Halo in the near future and as an interviewer wanted to know what sort of questions you would like to hear on broadcast, whether it is specific to a player, team or an analysis type of question, would love to hear what the community would want to know!

As others have said, we don't want repetitive interviews.

The biggest frustration I have with player interviews after a series is that they typically boil down to "How does it feel to win?" "Are you going to keep winning?"

I'd like to hear questions that either prod at the individual storylines going through the event -- for example if you're interviewing Bubu, asking how much he wants to prove himself against Splyce, for dropping him to get Eco/Stellur to join...or questions that ask about approaches to the game on specific maps -- if you notice, for example, a player spent a lot of time around one area of the map, ask them about that.

I'd also like to hear some interview questions that don't really relate to the series at all -- Past or Present, who would you most like to team with if you could team with anyone?  What player inspired you to become a pro Halo player?  Do you have any workout tips for people at home who want to get in shape?  What's the best pizza chain?

• Upvote (+1) 7

I agree, not that esports needs to be 'mainstream' or anything I suppose - but the reason I made the post is because during the broadcast I distinctly remember some dialogue where Bravo (BARVO) was talking, and he ended his sentence with 'And what do you think Butters', and I thought it sounded a little odd. 

Could just be the gamertag Butters (not personally attacking the guy in any way, I respect the casting grind) but for some reason when I heard Bravo say it, I felt like asking the question of, gamertags vs real names.

So i guess the real question is... should people use tags that remind us of neurotic characters from South Park?

Signs point to no.  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not trying to be a dick but the viewership of Halo the past few events doesn't exactly make a HCS event an ideal place to tease or reveal Halo 6. 

@@Clap do we have aggregate viewership numbers for the event across all platforms?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Not trying to be a dick but the viewership of Halo the past few events doesn't exactly make a HCS event an ideal place to tease or reveal Halo 6.

Imagine the viewership if they announce that Sunday night they'll announce a new Halo game though?

I'm just messing with you, I agree. If this "two rumored Halo games" is true though, and if the crazy pipe dream is real that one will be a classic esports multiplayer only title. I could see it maybe being there. But then you would have to buy into the idea that they would make a classic multiplayer only esports title which I don't think is likely.

No way Halo 6 is talked about though.

Does it really matter where it's revealed? It will be released online the second after it's shown to an audience somewhere.

Yes, please don't ask questions where I feel like if I go in-depth I'm ranting. Jeff nailed it ^

Just for the future, we (as viewers) always want to hear you go in depth. I get what you mean though in that interviewers ask you questions which seem to demand short answers.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I think interviewers need to avoid questions that the audience knows the answer to already, for example, asking what placement should an am strive for? Obviously it’s going to be 1st place. I think strongside asked shotzzy a question like that after they won.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does it really matter where it's revealed? It will be released online the second after it's shown to an audience somewhere.

I think it does, yeah. There's going to be so many more eyes on E3 than Worlds and the more people you have watching, the faster it's going to spread. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

@@Clap do we have aggregate viewership numbers for the event across all platforms?

12k Twitch, 14k Twitter, 2k Mixer. MLG.TV ?

We were also at around 10k on FB. 

with out mlg.tv numbers, we were just shy of 40k. compare that to dreamhack denver where we averaged less than 10k till finals. we're moving in the right direction for sure. i would still love to know how many people watch on mlg, especially the bravo stream if @@Clap can provide those numbers. i'd also love to hear his take on the event as well

• Upvote (+1) 2