CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Ah, I wasn't aware of that. I think it was a bit of a pointless mid-cycle upgrade anyway. On the other hand there were minor upgrades to the 360 over time as well.

It was a cost saving upgrade. They got smaller, faster, less expensive components, which reduced manufacturing costs and improved the design. They also added UHD this makes it more cost effective to target the lowest end of the market.

It was certainly not pointless.

That's a bad analogy. It's an investment, and even then the 4k upgrades dev have been pushing out actually do make a big noticeable difference. Solid, consistent 30/60 FPS even in backwards compatible titles (some of which run better than they used to on legacy hardware). High Dynamic Range. 12 GBs of GDDR5 memory as opposed to 8GB GDDR3. A higher clocked GPU with a lot more computing power. Freesync support. IMO the One X is what the original console should have been. It's actually pretty powerful for a console.

If you wanna talk about a rip off I think the S was a pretty big one now that this is out. Those guys got shafted.

It just seems really odd. What happens 2 or 3 years from now when the ps5 leapfrogs the scorpio?

I just tried playing Halo 5 on my X and the aiming still felt meh. I look forward to weeks of begging for all future LANs to run on Xbox One X's.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It just seems really odd. What happens 2 or 3 years from now when the ps5 leapfrogs the scorpio?

Wouldn't the PS5 be competing against whatever new console M$ comes out with? If the Xbox One X is in the same family as the Xbox One and isn't an actual new console in the line of Xbox>Xbox 360>Xbox One then it stands to reason that M$ will debut a completely new console in the next few years. The Xbox One came out in what? 2013? It'll be due for a completely new model in the next couple of years I'd guess. PS5 will most certainly be leapfrogging the Scorpio/One X, but that's because the One X is a competitor to the PS4 Pro (I think).

Wouldn't the PS5 be competing against whatever new console M$ comes out with? If the Xbox One X is in the same family as the Xbox One and isn't an actual new console in the line of Xbox>Xbox 360>Xbox One then it stands to reason that M$ will debut a completely new console in the next few years. The Xbox One came out in what? 2013? It'll be due for a completely new model in the next couple of years I'd guess. PS5 will most certainly be leapfrogging the Scorpio/One X, but that's because the One X is a competitor to the PS4 Pro (I think).

That just seems like a lot to ask xbox x owners. I think a lot of people are buying it expecting it to be future proof.

If a new xbox comes out in 2-3 years you spent $500+ to play upscaled xb1 games for a couple years.

I dont think it's all that complicated Around the time ps5 drops, xbox 2 will drop and it will be similar in specs.

Most games will be crossgen for a while since most games are designed around shitty cpus- so X users will still see benefits of their purchase for a while.

There's no such thing as future proof.

That just seems like a lot to ask xbox x owners. I think a lot of people are buying it expecting it to be future proof.

If a new xbox comes out in 2-3 years you spent $500+ to play upscaled xb1 games for a couple years.

This is where people realize consoles are just becoming unfortunate PCs that you have to totally replace every couple of years to take advantage of the games produced for them. If I bought the Xbox One X I will have spent more on Xbox hardware since I originally bought the XB1 than I have spent on PC hardware in the same span of time and neither is actually more powerful than said PC. Having an Xbox for simplicity/friends is cool and all but its starting to slip into burning money territory for no real reason

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just tried playing Halo 5 on my X and the aiming still felt meh. I look forward to weeks of begging for all future LANs to run on Xbox One X's.

Does it gets heavier and less responsive over time playing, like normally or is it just it felt “meh” cuz it’s Halo 5s aiming system?

yeah the setups are truly terrible, I feel like I'm playing on a 72in TV from the 1990s

This is where people realize consoles are just becoming unfortunate PCs that you have to totally replace every couple of years to take advantage of the games produced for them. If I bought the Xbox One X I will have spent more on Xbox hardware since I originally bought the XB1 than I have spent on PC hardware in the same span of time and neither is actually more powerful than said PC. Having an Xbox for simplicity/friends is cool and all but its starting to slip into burning money territory for no real reason

Not really. You don't HAVE to upgrade. All of the games are designed for the OG Xbox. Simply deciding not to upgrade gives you the exact same experience you'd have if they never released console revisions.

Can we just get the fucking TO announcement already? The future of Halo is fragile enough as it is with all the people switching to WW2. 

We need that announcement soon or we wont have any fucking AM players left. Plus every day it seems more likely we're going to get UGC

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not really. You don't HAVE to upgrade. All of the games are designed for the OG Xbox. Simply deciding not to upgrade gives you the exact same experience you'd have if they never released console revisions.

I don’t think that’s true. Better hardware will yield better performance. Where an original console may drop frames, a newer revision may not.

Can we just get the fucking TO announcement already? The future of Halo is fragile enough as it is with all the people switching to WW2.

We need that announcement soon or we wont have any fucking AM players left. Plus every day it seems more likely we're going to get UGC

They said in a few weeks a few weeks ago, so surely it's any day now... (says increasingly anxious man who just wants MLG back for the 15th time this week)

• Upvote (+1) 5

I mean you can really blame them for making a new system for multiple reasons

1) They're a business, they need to drive profits for shareholders, pay dividends, so people keep investing in them, and they can keep making us stuff

2) Computer parts become outdated so fast itll make your head spin, my gaming computer i built has an i7 5820 which i purchased 2 years ago, its already basically a relic and starting to hold my system back, let alone the cheaper parts that go into a console. Also, the GPUs in the consules can only do so much without constantly being upgraded.

P.S. 4k is over rated, if they were to ever uncap FPS 1440p @ 165hz+ (god i love overclocking) or 1080p @ 240hz will change your life.... They pixle density between 2k and 4k is pretttttty hard to tell a difference, what makes a huge difference is the panel the monitor is using, most older monitors (anything older than the last 18 months) probably uses a TN panel, where as newer monitors use IPS panels, currently for my computer im using: https://www.amazon.com/PG279Q-2560x1440-G-SYNC-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B01N4ENDXR?th=1 which is without a doubt the best monitor on the market. IPS provides an insane amount of color depth, add in 1440p and 165hz.... its and insane upgrade.

If you cant stomach $650 on a monitor, I would say: https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-PB277Q-WQHD-2560x1440-Monitor/dp/B01EN3Z7QQ/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1510068034&sr=1-3&keywords=1440p+gaming+monitor&refinements=p_n_feature_keywords_two_browse-bin%3A6570749011

Not so much an ASUS fanboy, more of a person who just enjoys products that dont suck.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1