CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

3) Nv has fallen off: They were the new hotness after rostermania, but it seems people have adapted to their play style, I feel a squad of Sayain/Snip3down/Trippey/Mikwen could TRULY challenge the top spot. Ola is a beast, no doubt, but when hes having a bad game its BAD. 

4) Reciprocity could use a shake up: This squad improved a ton, I was seriously impressed by them! Penguin is still the looming issue here though, and Spartan has always been kind of a hit or miss. Snip3down and Mikwen have truly become one of the best top duos out of Tox/Spylce, as said before I think that duo with Sayain/Trippey would be a true contender.

I think Ola often ends up like LBX. He's the down and dirty player, so when the team is losing, he's in the worst situation of them all and the stats reflect that. Sayain was objectively better than him, but he's better than just about everyone anyway. As for Penguin, is he an AR+Radar kid confirmed now?

• Upvote (+1) 6

26171468677_b859b9c518_z.jpg

Hey everyone,

I actually didn't plan on having a album for this event since I wasn't able to photograph many players and I know thats what a lot of people want to see. I unfortunately was not allowed on Mainstage so I didn't really have any opportunities to take photos of players. I have noticed that I am having to get used to this sort of thing. I am so used to UGC, ESL, and MILL esports where I had a ton of access all over for those Halo events which allowed me to get a lot of the hype moments I have gotten In the past.

The event was great overall from a spectators perspective as well a the Microsoft Store viewing party which was actually really fun. I wasn't happy that I couldn't go in on friday but the viewing party was really fun and It was nice to meet new people.

Hopefully I can work something out with 343 and MLG to allow me to have some more access for Worlds since this event Is a big deal to me with this being the 3rd Worlds I have photographed and to be honest with a lot of you..might be my last event I photograph for awhile but I'll make a video or something explaining that soon.

As always though I hope you all like what I shot and want to thank you all as always for the kind words and support. People may think this place Is toxic but I love this forum dearly. You're all great.

In regards to the event I REALLY hope TOX can figure things out In time for Worlds. I personally want a Splyce and TOX grand finals that goes the distance and for TOX to win In and become 3x World Champions. That would just be so legendary to see..but Splyce Isnt going to give it up that easy. They apply so much pressure that I would think It would stress the other team out like crazy lol I do have Splyce winning worlds but I wouldn't be surprised to see TOX show up.

Thanks again to everyone for the support and just being my friend really. I love this community and I don't know where Id be without it.

Seeya In Seattle <3

ALBUM: https://www.flickr.com/photos/davidnealmedia/albums/72157694194182164

I also recorded the final moments of the event from my camera POV like I did In Orlando.

https://youtu.be/UJocO7G0zmI

Great stuff!

I think Ola often ends up like LBX. He's the down and dirty player, so when the team is losing, he's in the worst situation of them all and the stats reflect that. Sayain was objectively better than him, but he's better than just about everyone anyway. As for Penguin, is he an AR+Radar kid confirmed now?

Peng is a good player, but I think that players such as Sayian are just vast upgrades, but Rec can really make a run for grand finals if they keep practicing together.

Worlds will be fun. Splyce should be heavy favorites, but I think if TOX figures out how to finish games better, they can take the 3peat.

I personally hope TOX wins, but I think one of the most intriguing things is whether or not they will make a team change if they don't win. I imagine it will depend on H5's future on the circuit.

I love this album!

@@Onset and Bravo casting, me and @@Wonderboy observing (primo eSpoRtZ profile picture material), and a lot of nice pics of the venue. Can't wait to see what you spin up at worlds. If anyone deserves to be on main stage, it's you.

Thanks man!

That new @@Sandman 's album has some cool emote material :)

9brQTHH.pngWxk5Fiz.pngbj9c7dM.pngiC0FFIw.png

I literally always look out for emote and meme material when making the album haha Glad to see some already.

Great stuff!

Thanks so much!

• Upvote (+1) 6

My dream for esports is for it to grow to the point where they have scout teams and practice squads that they utilize.  This would require more financial incentive, longer contract timelines etc but would be cool to see.

One thing i have brought up before is that i see opportunity for growth with the way that teams practice.  Instead of scrimmaging 5 days a week, do it 2 or 3.  The other few days get with a quality AM team or hell even another pro team that is willing to experiment, and setup specific circumstances and run them over and over.  For example, instead of playing Truth flag once in a scrim, set it up as a 2 minute, 1 cap game and play it 5 or 6 times in a row like that.  videogames don't have the real life limitations that traditional sports do, so there is real opportunity for creative practice.

I know I'm like 40 pages behind on this but, I had a cool idea that builds off of this. 

You could set up a round based game where one team spawns in control positions like a set up for a flag pull. One person spawns on the flag and the rest are in power positions(p2,top mid, etc). The other team spawns in their car bubble or under their base and has to practice breakout strats. rotate on 2 min rounds or something like that. 

Edit: I was closer to the last page then i expected and now I'm sad.  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 1

An incredibly fast turnaround, my friend.

I'll see what I can do.

can we add this while we're at it?

a0njmOQ.png

• Upvote (+1) 6

I think it's going to be really interesting to see the other teams try to defend against Splyce's hyper aggressive playstyle at Worlds.  I'm not sure how much the other teams will be able to practice a faster playstyle before Worlds, but if they don't then it just really seems like Splyce will stomp on everyone.  It's safe to say that their methodology of essentially abusing the movement mechanics is proven to work, and almost seems unstoppable at times.

Also still convinced that Shottzy is a robot.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Before this weekend I was convinced Shotzy was the best player in the game. Now I'm leaning towards Stellur more. He seems to always come up clutch and save the game in situations that seem hopeless.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I think it's going to be really interesting to see the other teams try to defend against Splyce's hyper aggressive playstyle at Worlds.  I'm not sure how much the other teams will be able to practice a faster playstyle before Worlds, but if they don't then it just really seems like Splyce will stomp on everyone.  It's safe to say that their methodology of essentially abusing the movement mechanics is proven to work, and even almost seems unstoppable at times.

Also still convinced that Shottzy is a robot.

i think we're gonna see other teams grind 2v2 if splyce wont scrim them. i could see nv and tox really benefiting from that change and speed increase. rec and renegades would be a toss up for that style would work well would work well. actually i could see os doing well from that style of play but i dont know if they have the shots that splyce has

Infused took a game off Splyce in a RESET where they also had the lead. Thats impressive  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 6

Before this weekend I was convinced Shotzy was the best player in the game. Now I'm leaning towards Stellur more. He seems to always come up clutch and save the game in situations that seem hopeless.

seriously, every time the casters switched to Stellur in the past couple tournaments ... "and somehow Stellur stopped the flag run with a triple kill and has already pulled the opponent's flag!"

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'm just getting around to watching the Splyce vs Tox series' and I just wanted to say that it feels great to see Frosty playing horribly and not giving off a single teabag during the entire 2 series'. 

I wonder how much his ego has taken a hit since Splyce took over. 

Also what do you guys think about Tox's "1v1 strategy" of putting 2-3 shots into a player then thrusting AT the opponent to try and finish them off with a melee. I seem to only see Tox do this most of the time not many other teams do this as much as Tox does. Imo this is a weird strategy. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Neptune is so good that honestly all it takes for RNG to take a series from NV or Rec is for the other three members of the team to just not choke for a second and one of those teams to be slightly off their game. I think Neptune is where the members of Splyce were a year ago. He will without a doubt be on a top 3 team by the end of Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 7

To those freaking out about the "individual skill" element of TrueSkill2, chill.  I read probably 18/24 pages of that thing (skipped the actual equations... cuz... i have no fucking idea what the math is lol) but at one point they mention that a player that performs well but loses still won't be able to rank up, they may just not lose quite as much rank.  The vast majority of ranking up or down is based on win/loss. Primary driver for ranking is still to win.

The primary way that players have tried to game TrueSkill 1 in the past was to quit when they were about to lose. The new system doesn't play that game and still gives you the L with no workarounds required, plus takes your individual performance into account.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Neptune is so good that honestly all it takes for RNG to take a series from NV or Rec is for the other three members of the team to jus not choke for a second and one of those teams to be slightly off their game. I think Neptune is where the members of Splyce were a year ago. He will without a doubt be on a top 3 team by the end of Halo 5.

Yeah I can see players trying to form another "Splyce", something like Saiyan, Neptune, Frosty, Artic.

But honestly, we need new solid game and MLG pro circuit. Can't wait for new faces grinding the game, trying to make a name for themselves.

• Upvote (+1) 1

To those freaking out about the "individual skill" element of TrueSkill2, chill. I read probably 18/24 pages of that thing (skipped the actual equations... cuz... i have no fucking idea what the math is lol) but at one point they mention that a player that performs well but loses still won't be able to rank up, they may just not lose quite as much rank. The vast majority of ranking up or down is based on win/loss. Primary driver for ranking is still to win.

The primary way that players have tried to game TrueSkill 1 in the past was to quit when they were about to lose. The new system doesn't play that game and still gives you the L with no workarounds required, plus takes your individual performance into account.

I think people just conflate TrueSkill with Ranking- the former being a MM variable, the latter being just a progression system.

You want TrueSkill to be as accurate a representation of a player’s individual skill as possible. this allows it help create balanced teams. With more understanding about how an individual’s performance effects the likihood of his team winning, the better teams they can build and the higher match quality will be. It’s not like they are tracking individual stats independent from outcomes. If you stat whore, and your team loses, then your calculated skill takes a hit.

Also, it’s worth mentioning that K/D is just an example of the type of individual stat they can attribute to individual performance. a dev would be able to plug in whatever stats they want, and should be able to see which stats correlate with higher win percentages per gametype.

• Upvote (+1) 6

To those freaking out about the "individual skill" element of TrueSkill2, chill.  I read probably 18/24 pages of that thing (skipped the actual equations... cuz... i have no fucking idea what the math is lol) but at one point they mention that a player that performs well but loses still won't be able to rank up, they may just not lose quite as much rank.  The vast majority of ranking up or down is based on win/loss. Primary driver for ranking is still to win.

My issue isn't with the individual skill element, it's the fact that they conflate that skill element with kills and deaths, rather than other factors.