CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Honestly? I dont think they would be #1, but absolutely top 8. They just dont have the methodical team work that Tox/Rec/Nv have, they just, as you say, abuse the shit out of H5 mechanics and fly, knowing they have the best gun skills in the game. Shotzzy with his map movement is also a huge game changer, dude is just literally everywhere, all the time.

Shotzzy was really good at h2a too. They will be fine. Theyre young, and grind. That will always carry over

It's like people who assumed the jetpack stars wouldnt be good at BOTG CoD, yet theyre still at the top

• Upvote (+1) 6

Huke is the only one who could save us from Splyce.

“No...there is another”

• Upvote (+1) 8

Shotzzy was really good at h2a too. They will be fine. Theyre young, and grind. That will always carry over

It's like people who assumed the jetpack stars wouldnt be good at BOTG CoD, yet theyre still at the top

I mean, it's not like the new kids in either franchise aren't learning the fundamentals at the same time as they're doing all this mechanical stuff.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Oh someone just got banned for creating an alt account...

Huke is the only one who could save us from Splyce.

save us?

i, for one, welcome our new overlords

• Upvote (+1) 1

We’re bootcamping now from the 5th I’m happy to say! I was recently diagnosed with Crohn’s disease and given medication, which is why we wasn’t going to go because I wasn’t well. Hopefully the meds work out well, as the last few events like Gfinity I was in a lot of pain with it and it’s stressful in general when you have to stay on stage and carry on through it.

Sucks to hear you have to deal with that.  Hopefully the medication can help with the issue and your team can make a strong showing at Worlds.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We’re bootcamping now from the 5th I’m happy to say! I was recently diagnosed with Crohn’s disease and given medication, which is why we wasn’t going to go because I wasn’t well. Hopefully the meds work out well, as the last few events like Gfinity I was in a lot of pain with it and it’s stressful in general when you have to stay on stage and carry on through it.

Glad your on the mend and (hopefully) get to bootcamp.  EU is close to challenging NA for top spots if they get more practice against NA teams.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Splyce has no work ethic, they literally never scrim, which will bite them in the ass if they keep it up. ex-OG is a team of GRINDERS, they will not stop until they will, while splyce treats winning like something that will just happen.

"Never scrim" is not at all the same as "never practice." They run 2v2s all the time and put plenty of hours into the game. Honestly it's an interesting philosophy. Can you think of any other sports where professional teams play each other for practice all the time? They don't do it, partially for physical reasons, and partly because they want to practice without giving away their game plans to opposing teams. Esports isn't that different, when you scrim another team you give them hours of film and hours of practice adapting to your play style. I'm not prepared to argue that one route is better than the other, just saying there are tradeoffs either way.

I love watching scrims but I'm very interested to see how Splyce's habit of closed practice does in the long term. If they continue to be successful you might see other teams start to imitate them.

• Upvote (+1) 2

"Never scrim" is not at all the same as "never practice." They run 2v2s all the time and put plenty of hours into the game. Honestly it's an interesting philosophy. Can you think of any other sports where professional teams play each other for practice all the time? They don't do it, partially for physical reasons, and partly because they want to practice without giving away their game plans to opposing teams. Esports isn't that different, when you scrim another team you give them hours of film and hours of practice adapting to your play style. I'm not prepared to argue that one route is better than the other, just saying there are tradeoffs either way.

I love watching scrims but I'm very interested to see how Splyce's habit of closed practice does in the long term. If they continue to be successful you might see other teams start to imitate them.

Someone more familiar with Counterstrike may have to correct me, but in a podcast I'm pretty sure I heard a Cloud 9 player say they have one team they practice against, so they can practice against top talent, but in a tournament only one team knows their strategies.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not prepared to argue that one route is better than the other, just saying there are tradeoffs either way.

Are you prepared to argue the conquest of Dacia?

My dream for esports is for it to grow to the point where they have scout teams and practice squads that they utilize.  This would require more financial incentive, longer contract timelines etc but would be cool to see.

One thing i have brought up before is that i see opportunity for growth with the way that teams practice.  Instead of scrimmaging 5 days a week, do it 2 or 3.  The other few days get with a quality AM team or hell even another pro team that is willing to experiment, and setup specific circumstances and run them over and over.  For example, instead of playing Truth flag once in a scrim, set it up as a 2 minute, 1 cap game and play it 5 or 6 times in a row like that.  videogames don't have the real life limitations that traditional sports do, so there is real opportunity for creative practice.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Splyce can get away with mostly 2v2ing over scrimming because Halo 5 is more about fights and micro coordination (by this I mean coordinating pushes with teammates in game) than overall team strategy. There is strategy to the game but it's extremely simple compared to some past Halo games (partly due to advanced movement bringing the concept of "flying" to Halo and partly because spawns are so easy my dog could predict them) and every top pro team knows exactly what to do really. All that's left is push execution, speed, and 1v1 fights, which Splyce can nail down in 2v2s.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Splyce can get away with mostly 2v2ing over scrimming because Halo 5 is more about fights and micro coordination (by this I mean coordinating pushes with teammates in game) than overall team strategy. There is strategy to the game but it's extremely simple compared to some past Halo games (partly due to advanced movement bringing the concept of "flying" to Halo and partly because spawns are so easy my dog could predict them) and every top pro team knows exactly what to do really. All that's left is push execution, speed, and 1v1 fights, which Splyce can nail down in 2v2s.

I am pretty sure Shottzy has won almost every recent 2v2 tournament Beyond has ever hosted. 

2's = the new strat  :ace:

Nicely summed up  :simms: