CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Which boggles my mind, because too my untrained eye, it would appear to lack merchandize potential. Elza looks cool, but beyond that, it doesn’t LOOK, like a movie that would appeal to kids in this way.

It’s generally an ugly work with some really weak animation by today’s standards. The plot is nonsensical and there’s almost no character development. The soundtrack is serviceable, but nothing special. It’s like I’m talking about Halo5.

7.9 million olaf enthusiasts

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can see it too. Despite the series score looking worse, they actually closed the gap with Splyce compared to Orlando if you look at score differentials. They also destroyed everybody that was not Splyce rather handily compared to Orlando where they got knocked to losers by Nv.

ex-optic improved between Orlando and Columbus and frankly, Splyce may have stayed about the same. Continue that trend for a few more weeks to Worlds and I can certainly see them 3-peating.

If they manage to go through Splyce for a 3-peat ... wow I can’t imagine a more hype conclusion to the event. I actually want Splyce to take it, but the Tox storyline would be amazing .

On another note how does Splyce maintain their objective efficiency if they don’t practice 4v4s?

• Upvote (+1) 1

The one team that absolutely cannot afford not to practice is RNG.  They have the toughest pool.  If they pull an EG and just don't grind these next 3 weeks, they may not make it out.

I refuse your opinion that Big Hero 6 and Zootopia are bad and that Up and Incredibles are overrated.

:lxthul:

The one team that absolutely cannot afford not to practice is RNG. They have the toughest pool. If they pull an EG and just don't grind these next 3 weeks, they may not make it out.

Trying to set my hopes low here.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can we do a quick head count of who here is going to World's? I'm curious what that number is. I'll start:

Me.

EDIT: ALSO @@Saucey where can a fella get a Team Beyond hat??? I grabbed a t-shirt but what am I supposed to do at World's when my head gets cold?

• Upvote (+1) 4

If you kill every one as fast as they do, you have no problem

team stats from the last series

W20nzRi.png

i would need to rewatch to see if its just set up or that they travel in pairs but that was the only stat that had a noticeable difference. whichever it is, they move around the map so fast that they can get a quick kills and take a plot or pull a flag and they stay so aggressive that you cant get to your structured set ups. they are just too quick

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can we do a quick head count of who here is going to World's? I'm curious what that number is. I'll start:

Me.

I'm going as well. I'm going with a couple friends, one used to post here but hasn't posted in a few years, PatSpankem.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

team stats from the last series

i would need to rewatch to see if its just set up or that they travel in pairs but that was the only stat that had a noticeable difference. whichever it is, they move around the map so fast that they can get a quick kills and take a plot or pull a flag and they stay so aggressive that you cant get to your structured set ups. they are just too quick

Those are the stats from the first bo7, second one Splyce went +17(+38 in the objective games).

In the post tournament interview when Eco said they might scrim a few teams, splyces manager yelled, “Yeah that means playing more fortnite!”

Yeah, fuck that, thats an awful attitude to have going into a million dollar prize pool tournament 

• Upvote (+1) 2

The one team that absolutely cannot afford not to practice is RNG.  They have the toughest pool.  If they pull an EG and just don't grind these next 3 weeks, they may not make it out.

Which is super unfortunate, because that roster HAS talent, they NEED TO PLAY TOGETHER, but I feel like aPG/Box/Ace are just trying to get to H6

• Upvote (+1) 1

If they manage to go through Splyce for a 3-peat ... wow I can’t imagine a more hype conclusion to the event. I actually want Splyce to take it, but the Tox storyline would be amazing .

On another note how does Splyce maintain their objective efficiency if they don’t practice 4v4s?

Raw talent and force of will. On coli they were literally desperate pulling the flag every time, and just kept flying until they overpowered Tox, not a very good game plan, but when your in virtually unstoppable in the slaying department it works. 

Splyce has no work ethic, they literally never scrim, which will bite them in the ass if they keep it up. ex-OG is a team of GRINDERS, they will not stop until they will, while splyce treats winning like something that will just happen.

Well, if it's one thing you can count on, at least Splyce won't be burnt out. They go into every tournament fresh. That may mean they don't scrim, but it's also possible that it just works for them since it clearly has so far.

2) Tox needs to speed up: The old strat of Lethal and Frosty playing forward and allowing Royal 2 to set up and flank just wont work vs Splyce, which has been displayed at the last few lans. When you are getting collapsed on constantly, you need all 4 players working together, you simply cant win the 3v4s they used to. What does this mean? Drop a player and get Sayain? I dont think that they are at that point yet, but Sayain is the single best player not on the top 2 squads.

This sounds familiar.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Anyway, as far as the event...Splyce is just on another level right now. They play so aggressive, and so fast I understand teams getting caught off guard by it, It's really hard to adapt to when they don't miss a shot. I feel like Eco is the glue that holds that team together, cause when you watch them play they just fucking FLY. No shits given, no in-depth structure with the plays they make. They just abuse the shit out of Halo 5's mechanics. It's wild. Makes me wonder how they'd do in a classic Halo game :thinking:

This is exactly why i simultaneously like and dislike watching them. Its amazing to see such amazing shots but i love watching the smooth rotation/positioning style play that teams like Tox do. I dont think they would be as dominant in a classic style halo for sure but with eco as in game leader they could def adapt.

This is exactly why i simultaneously like and dislike watching them. Its amazing to see such amazing shots but i love watching the smooth rotation/positioning style play that teams like Tox do. I dont think they would be as dominant in a classic style halo for sure but with eco as in game leader they could def adapt.

I hated watching EnVyUs when they were winning tournaments.  They didn't play objectively smart Halo.  They made a ton of plays that -relied- on execution, where, if it worked, it worked great, but if it failed they were at an even bigger disadvantage.  But when Huke and Mikwen were going off, they were winning.  So it worked.

I love watching this Splyce roster because, while it seems like they're just flying like mad monkeys...they're still being very cognizant of what space they're controlling and where their priorities on the map are.  It's fast, high-execution, but safe Halo.  If they mis-execute, they're not screwed.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I hated watching EnVyUs when they were winning tournaments.  They didn't play objectively smart Halo.  They made a ton of plays that -relied- on execution, where, if it worked, it worked great, but if it failed they were at an even bigger disadvantage.  But when Huke and Mikwen were going off, they were winning.  So it worked.

I love watching this Splyce roster because, while it seems like they're just flying like mad monkeys...they're still being very cognizant of what space they're controlling and where their priorities on the map are.  It's fast, high-execution, but safe Halo.  If they mis-execute, they're not screwed.

Oh yeah, there is a huge difference between trying to make plays and raw slaying power and map presence. Splyce literally always has pressure, its unreal.

I'm going as well. I'm going with a couple friends, one used to post here but hasn't posted in a few years, PatSpankem.

I know me, Moa, Matclan, and Hidden Xperia are going. Someone should totally make a list :)

• Upvote (+1) 4

I know me, Moa, Matclan, and Hidden Xperia are going. Someone should totally make a list :)

Humpflung made an "attending Worlds" thread a couple years back. I may make one when I get home from work tonight for anyone who wants to meet and say what's up this year.
  • Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Humpflung made an "attending Worlds" thread a couple years back. I may make one when I get home from work tonight for anyone who wants to meet and say what's up this year.

Oh please do. That would be perfect and I would love to meet everyone from Beyond :)

• Upvote (+1) 3

Do it! I can tweet it out on the Beyond twitter :)

• Upvote (+1) 4