CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Frozen is trash. I really don’t understand all the hype that movie got.

Kids love it that's why it's so popular. Stores are still full of Frozen merchandise and clothes.

Oh paaaaaaleeeeeeze.  Incredibles, Up and Finding Nemo are all overrated. Not even sure why Zootopia or Big Hero 6 are on that first list....

Also i agree with @@CKS on3 thoughts on Royal2.  Against every other team i wouldn't change what he does, but against Splyce i think he needs to get where he is going faster.  I HATE saying that, because frankly a Halo game that emphasizes movement speed over many other characteristics is meh, but it is what it is.  If you watch that last series Splyce flanks a lot, while down players, and they do it FAST.

tangled, moana, wreck it ralph, coco, inside out are probably the best recent disney movies. i would add that ratatouille is severely underrated as well, especially for how praised it is withing food circles

off topic: it would have to be hard for tox to switch up their playstyle at this point but they really are just a bit too slow vs splyce. its hard to play what ifs, but some faster rotations and collapses  would do wonders for tox. their slaying was still on point but sometimes they go too conservative where splyce will be ultra aggressive and never let tox get into position. maybe some doubles practice will do good for them too

Kids love it that's why it's so popular. Stores are still full of Frozen merchandise and clothes.

I went to Epcot over my spring break, the attraction where you meet and take a picture with Elsa was the longest line there. Like over 90 mins long.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm very curious about what will happen after Worlds, I'd be surprised if 343/MS poured money into the fourth (?!) year of a game, esp. with declining viewership?  I guess it all depends on when H6 comes out  

• Upvote (+1) 1

Okay so take aways from the weekend:

1) Splyce is just insane: I think we already knew that, but the fact that they are able to keep their foot on the gas non stop and keep pushing, while maintaining their insane person skill, is ridiculous. There really isnt a way to counter that type of game play without playing just as fast as them. If you watch the games, Tox needs to be ready to pull the flag or all get into the territory 2-3 seconds faster because Splyce will come off spawn and just soar at you because they are so confident in their shots/skill/and 2v2 team work. 

2) Tox needs to speed up: The old strat of Lethal and Frosty playing forward and allowing Royal 2 to set up and flank just wont work vs Splyce, which has been displayed at the last few lans. When you are getting collapsed on constantly, you need all 4 players working together, you simply cant win the 3v4s they used to. What does this mean? Drop a player and get Sayain? I dont think that they are at that point yet, but Sayain is the single best player not on the top 2 squads.

3) Nv has fallen off: They were the new hotness after rostermania, but it seems people have adapted to their play style, I feel a squad of Sayain/Snip3down/Trippey/Mikwen could TRULY challenge the top spot. Ola is a beast, no doubt, but when hes having a bad game its BAD. 

4) Reciprocity could use a shake up: This squad improved a ton, I was seriously impressed by them! Penguin is still the looming issue here though, and Spartan has always been kind of a hit or miss. Snip3down and Mikwen have truly become one of the best top duos out of Tox/Spylce, as said before I think that duo with Sayain/Trippey would be a true contender. 

5) OS is a seriously skilled squad: Wow, all I can say is wow, for how much shit people have given them, they are just the most impressive team to watch in terms of positional game play. Ryanoob is just a master of his craft, and watching them take games off Splyce was incredible. I hope they stick it out, because they're due for a top 4 possibility at worlds. 

Rec doesn't need a shake up, I fully expect them to be better at Worlds given their improvements since last event and them finally getting some chemistry going. What they need to do is work on their Strongholds, work on their small mistakes & get some more chemistry in there(I think a lot of their small mistakes this event were due to chemistry). Individually I would like to see Mikwen finding his Worlds form(which he is on pace for imo), Penguin getting a little more accurate in his shots & Spartan getting a little more consistent. Snip3down finding another gear would be pretty amazing too. Top 10 player atm.

Also have Tox improving for Worlds, excited to see Splyce, Tox, & Rec matchups at Worlds.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Which boggles my mind, because too my untrained eye, it would appear to lack merchandize potential. Elza looks cool, but beyond that, it doesn’t LOOK, like a movie that would appeal to kids in this way.

It’s generally an ugly work with some really weak animation by today’s standards. The plot is nonsensical and there’s almost no character development. The soundtrack is serviceable, but nothing special. It’s like I’m talking about Halo5.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I went to Epcot over my spring break, the attraction where you meet and take a picture with Elsa was the longest line there. Like over 90 mins long.

I really need to hide the disc somewhere, bc my older girl has seen it like thousand times and she is not stopping. Her fav moment is ofc where Elsa transforms and creates the ice castle.

Now THIS is off topic lmao.

Brad Bird had a pretty good run if you ask me: Iron Giant followed by Incredibles followed by Ratatouille. He also worked on the Simpsons during its best seasons.

Nothing to do with the bracket discussion, just wanted to talk about the Iron Giant.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Which boggles my mind, because too my untrained eye, it would appear to lack merchandize potential. Elza looks cool, but beyond that, it doesn’t LOOK, like a movie that would appeal to kids in this way.

It’s generally an ugly work with some really weak animation by today’s standards. The plot is nonsensical and there’s almost no character development. The soundtrack is serviceable, but nothing special. It’s like I’m talking about Halo5.

It's all about Elsa. But enough about this seriously :)

I hope tox gets their 3rd in a row, I can see them doing it. They can overcome splyce and do it

• Upvote (+1) 2

Huh, this is funny to me because I disagree entirely with you. I'm not sure if by "ugly work" you mean as a complete product, or if you mean visually. I'll give you the color pallette is ugly, there's snow so there's not much color but you can be creative and make things pop more. I really like the look of the town and normal castle, I like the forest, Elsa's castle, I like the way the characters look. As a complete work, I disagree as well. I think the jokes landed well. I liked Anna and Elsa as foils to each other, and how they changed to be more alike, while not changing too much to be the same character. I think you could argue this is one of the best soundtracks.

In terms of animation, I didn't think it looked bad but "noticing animation" is something I'm fairly weak in I'll admit. Was it maybe there wasn't many "wow" moments of animation? The infamous Let It Go scene I felt was incredible, but if you compare the movie to something like Coco, then Coco would blow you away with more "wow" moments of animation, such as entering the land of the dead for the first time and some of the skeleton stuff.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wow, Ninja's behavior towards Halo is totally unacceptable. He acts as if 343 tanked Halo's popularity, stifling his long-term growth as a streamer and killing his passion for the game he loved most.

Ridiculous.

It's literally one button, while he's offline and not making any money. Relax.

343 is not the entire Halo community as a whole (which I believe he does own a lot of his success to) and while I understand your point, are we really going to pretend that wasn't an arrogant, greedy, spiteful and pig-headed thing to say? He preaches positivity and respect as well as "never forgetting where you came from" and yet this comes out of his mouth. "I don't owe Halo anything, that's the last thing I would do, pay me."

lmao come on.

Anyway, as far as the event...Splyce is just on another level right now. They play so aggressive, and so fast I understand teams getting caught off guard by it, It's really hard to adapt to when they don't miss a shot. I feel like Eco is the glue that holds that team together, cause when you watch them play they just fucking FLY. No shits given, no in-depth structure with the plays they make. They just abuse the shit out of Halo 5's mechanics. It's wild. Makes me wonder how they'd do in a classic Halo game  :thinking:

I did want to give a special shoutout to @@Wonderboy. I'm really impressed with his game analysis and knowledge of particular play-styles from each player. I see real improvement from last year. Of course thank you to the simms, goldenboy, and all the other casters as well.

• Upvote (+1) 11
  • Downvote (-1) 2

It's literally one button, while he's offline and not making any money. Relax.

343 is not the entire Halo community as a whole (which I believe he does own a lot of his success to) and while I understand your point, are we really going to pretend that wasn't an arrogant, greedy, spiteful and pig-headed thing to say? He preaches positivity and respect as well as "never forgetting where you came from" and yet this comes out of his mouth. "I don't owe Halo anything, that's the last thing I would do, pay me."

lmao come on.

Anyway, as far as the event...Splyce is just on another level right now. They play so aggressive, and so fast I understand teams getting caught off guard by it, It's really hard to adapt to when they don't miss a shot. I feel like Eco is the glue that holds that team together, cause when you watch them play they just fucking FLY. No shits given, no in-depth structure with the plays they make. They just abuse the shit out of Halo 5's mechanics. It's wild. Makes me wonder how they'd do in a classic Halo game  :thinking:

Honestly? I dont think they would be #1, but absolutely top 8. They just dont have the methodical team work that Tox/Rec/Nv have, they just, as you say, abuse the shit out of H5 mechanics and fly, knowing they have the best gun skills in the game. Shotzzy with his map movement is also a huge game changer, dude is just literally everywhere, all the time. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hope tox gets their 3rd in a row, I can see them doing it. They can overcome splyce and do it

I can see it too.  Despite the series score looking worse, they actually closed the gap with Splyce compared to Orlando if you look at score differentials.  They also destroyed everybody that was not Splyce rather handily compared to Orlando where they got knocked to losers by Nv.

ex-optic improved between Orlando and Columbus and frankly, Splyce may have stayed about the same. Continue that trend for a few more weeks to Worlds and I can certainly see them 3-peating.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Rec doesn't need a shake up, I fully expect them to be better at Worlds given their improvements since last event and them finally getting some chemistry going. What they need to do is work on their Strongholds, work on their small mistakes & get some more chemistry in there(I think a lot of their small mistakes this event were due to chemistry). Individually I would like to see Mikwen finding his Worlds form(which he is on pace for imo), Penguin getting a little more accurate in his shots & Spartan getting a little more consistent. Snip3down finding another gear would be pretty amazing too. Top 10 player atm.

Also have Tox improving for Worlds, excited to see Splyce, Tox, & Rec matchups at Worlds.

Yeah, Recs core (mikwen/snip3down) have had trouble with strongholds all of H5, in HCS pro league season 2 I remember them getting constantly criticized for never triple capping, which leads to you eventually getting back doored. Also, snip3downs getting better at it, but hes notoriously allergic to OBJ lol, but hes probably constantly uncomfortable trying to OBJ since hes ALWAYS the main slayer on his team, which is a HUGE problem in H5, enter someone like Sayain who drops 35 kills on fathom vs Splyce lmao.

Oh paaaaaaleeeeeeze.  Incredibles, Up and Finding Nemo are all overrated. Not even sure why Zootopia or Big Hero 6 are on that first list....

tbh you sound like a terrible person.

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 7

I can see it too.  Despite the series score looking worse, they actually closed the gap with Splyce compared to Orlando if you look at score differentials.  They also destroyed everybody that was not Splyce rather handily compared to Orlando where they got knocked to losers by Nv.

ex-optic improved between Orlando and Columbus and frankly, Splyce may have stayed about the same. Continue that trend for a few more weeks to Worlds and I can certainly see them 3-peating.

Splyce has no work ethic, they literally never scrim, which will bite them in the ass if they keep it up. ex-OG is a team of GRINDERS, they will not stop until they will, while splyce treats winning like something that will just happen.

Splyce has no work ethic, they literally never scrim, which will bite them in the ass if they keep it up. ex-OG is a team of GRINDERS, they will not stop until they will, while splyce treats winning like something that will just happen.

In the post tournament interview when Eco said they might scrim a few teams, splyces manager yelled, “Yeah that means playing more fortnite!”

• Upvote (+1) 6

The one team that absolutely cannot afford not to practice is RNG.  They have the toughest pool.  If they pull an EG and just don't grind these next 3 weeks, they may not make it out.

• Upvote (+1) 7