CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I can go with that, wreck it ralph is awesome.

I have never seen it. guess i should.  I'm disappointed that Moana isn't on the bracket.... That's one of my favorite movies period over the last few years.

On topic:

I am disappointed in the 8-1 score line from the finals for the sole reason that it doesn't come close to conveying just how tight most of the games actually were.  There was like 1 blowout win from both teams then the other games were close.  Minus the final scoreline, the finals were really good games.

• Upvote (+1) 7

dont you talk shit about moana

alternate bracket

hmm lethuls bracket is garbage. Lion King would beat Moana 8-1 in two B07s. he's got it losing to Aladdin?
  • Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

alternate bracket

I'll talk all the shit about Moana if you think it's better than The Lion King, also that bracket is pretty sheit. Changes that should happen to it before it plays out;

Move The Little Mermaid(how is TLM old school...? ) to Milennial Classics in place of Hunchback.
Remove The Rescuers and put Robin Hood & Jungle Book into Old School.
Remove Cars, put in Emperor's New Groove.
Remove Princess & the Frog, put in Atlantis instead(this one can go either way, but I liked Atlantis more).
Remove Planes, Mon U. & Frankenweenie, put in Big Hero 6, Moana & Zootopia instead.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I have never seen it. guess i should.  I'm disappointed that Moana isn't on the bracket.... That's one of my favorite movies period over the last few years.

On topic:

I am disappointed in the 8-1 score line from the finals for the sole reason that it doesn't come close to conveying just how tight most of the games actually were.  There was like 1 blowout win from both teams then the other games were close.  Minus the final scoreline, the finals were really good games.

that was honestly an overall series where 1 or 2 kills in the favor of tox wins them the event. it was insane how close those teams are. despite splyce winning i'll give tox 1b rank. you know the org shit had to have impacted how they went into columbus. and i dont know what kind of meds they gave stellur but that guy was a beast

• Upvote (+1) 2

that was honestly an overall series where 1 or 2 kills in the favor of tox wins them the event. it was insane how close those teams are. despite splyce winning i'll give tox 1b rank. you know the org shit had to have impacted how they went into columbus. and i dont know what kind of meds they gave stellur but that guy was a beast

One thing that makes me not a fan of Splyce is their attitude towards practice.  it just comes off to me like they don't value the incredibly enviable position they are in.  Not disrespect to the game per se, but disrespectful to just how fucking lucky they are and their potential for historical greatness.  Every time they don't work as hard as other teams, they put that at risk and i just don't see that that bothers them, which bothers me lol.

• Upvote (+1) 4

dude, Moana is ridiculously corny, let's be serious for a minute.  and the songs are mediocre.  in terms of modern Disney, Tangled / Frozen are way better

Wall-E is a reasonable winner (in Lethul's bracket), but Incredibles is not only the best Disney movie ever but one of the best films of that decade imo.  And I think people forget how much Wall-E went downhill after the first half hour ...

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Tangled, Frozen, and Moana are all top five at least.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What is happening...

I’m not sure, but I........I kind of like it.

Lethul started it so we are like, 7% on topic I think.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Hey all,

Just wanted to say thank you for the crazy positive posts on the casting this weekend, really does mean a lot to me to have you guys supporting what I do. Thanks to @@TheSimms for being my dad too, wouldn’t be here without you.

Crazy event, so pumped for Seattle now!

i loved your casting in the finals. these events just keep getting better

• Upvote (+1) 1

dude, Moana is ridiculously corny, let's be serious for a minute.  and the songs are mediocre.  in terms of modern Disney, Tangled / Frozen are way better

Wall-E is a reasonable winner (in Lethul's bracket), but Incredibles is not only the best Disney movie ever but one of the best films of that decade imo.  And I think people forget how much Wall-E went downhill after the first half hour ...

I will fight to the death on this....  Thats called "Whimsy" not corny lol. That's why you got negged...

If im going to just listed to a modern disney movie soundtrack, its not going to be Frozen.  Some of those songs are good, but they are way better int he context of the movie.  Moana music you can just listen to.  I may or may not have put it on just now...

i loved your casting in the finals. these events just keep getting better

Yes same. The back and forth of the casting for the finals was great.  You guys just picked up where the other left off pretty seamlessly.  Also please pass onto strongside that his "Less play by play more analysis" style this event was much much better!

• Upvote (+1) 5

Okay so take aways from the weekend:

1) Splyce is just insane: I think we already knew that, but the fact that they are able to keep their foot on the gas non stop and keep pushing, while maintaining their insane person skill, is ridiculous. There really isnt a way to counter that type of game play without playing just as fast as them. If you watch the games, Tox needs to be ready to pull the flag or all get into the territory 2-3 seconds faster because Splyce will come off spawn and just soar at you because they are so confident in their shots/skill/and 2v2 team work. 

2) Tox needs to speed up: The old strat of Lethal and Frosty playing forward and allowing Royal 2 to set up and flank just wont work vs Splyce, which has been displayed at the last few lans. When you are getting collapsed on constantly, you need all 4 players working together, you simply cant win the 3v4s they used to. What does this mean? Drop a player and get Sayain? I dont think that they are at that point yet, but Sayain is the single best player not on the top 2 squads.

3) Nv has fallen off: They were the new hotness after rostermania, but it seems people have adapted to their play style, I feel a squad of Sayain/Snip3down/Trippey/Mikwen could TRULY challenge the top spot. Ola is a beast, no doubt, but when hes having a bad game its BAD. 

4) Reciprocity could use a shake up: This squad improved a ton, I was seriously impressed by them! Penguin is still the looming issue here though, and Spartan has always been kind of a hit or miss. Snip3down and Mikwen have truly become one of the best top duos out of Tox/Spylce, as said before I think that duo with Sayain/Trippey would be a true contender. 

5) OS is a seriously skilled squad: Wow, all I can say is wow, for how much shit people have given them, they are just the most impressive team to watch in terms of positional game play. Ryanoob is just a master of his craft, and watching them take games off Splyce was incredible. I hope they stick it out, because they're due for a top 4 possibility at worlds. 

• Upvote (+1) 9

Hey all,

Just wanted to say thank you for the crazy positive posts on the casting this weekend, really does mean a lot to me to have you guys supporting what I do. Thanks to @@TheSimms for being my dad too, wouldn’t be here without you.

Crazy event, so pumped for Seattle now!

Massages next event dog I'll bring my supplies.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Every time I tuned into an Oxygen Supremacy match it seemed Ryanoob was making plays. At one point on colosseum Ryan was one shot top cat with two members of optic on him. Somehow he walked away alive with two beatdowns. I noticed a lot of situations where Ryan should have died and he came up clutch.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Okay so take aways from the weekend:

1) Splyce is just insane: I think we already knew that, but the fact that they are able to keep their foot on the gas non stop and keep pushing, while maintaining their insane person skill, is ridiculous. There really isnt a way to counter that type of game play without playing just as fast as them. If you watch the games, Tox needs to be ready to pull the flag or all get into the territory 2-3 seconds faster because Splyce will come off spawn and just soar at you because they are so confident in their shots/skill/and 2v2 team work. 

2) Tox needs to speed up: The old strat of Lethal and Frosty playing forward and allowing Royal 2 to set up and flank just wont work vs Splyce, which has been displayed at the last few lans. When you are getting collapsed on constantly, you need all 4 players working together, you simply cant win the 3v4s they used to. What does this mean? Drop a player and get Sayain? I dont think that they are at that point yet, but Sayain is the single best player not on the top 2 squads.

3) Nv has fallen off: They were the new hotness after rostermania, but it seems people have adapted to their play style, I feel a squad of Sayain/Snip3down/Trippey/Mikwen could TRULY challenge the top spot. Ola is a beast, no doubt, but when hes having a bad game its BAD. 

4) Reciprocity could use a shake up: This squad improved a ton, I was seriously impressed by them! Penguin is still the looming issue here though, and Spartan has always been kind of a hit or miss. Snip3down and Mikwen have truly become one of the best top duos out of Tox/Spylce, as said before I think that duo with Sayain/Trippey would be a true contender. 

5) OS is a seriously skilled squad: Wow, all I can say is wow, for how much shit people have given them, they are just the most impressive team to watch in terms of positional game play. Ryanoob is just a master of his craft, and watching them take games off Splyce was incredible. I hope they stick it out, because they're due for a top 4 possibility at worlds. 

yeah nv and rec looked really shaky this event. they're going to have to put in a lot of time for worlds. hopefully they do because there are some seriously good player on these squads and they should be able to challenge for #1

• Upvote (+1) 1

Tangled, Frozen, and Moana are all top five at least.

Even if we're only counting the 2010's that's debatable when there's Zootopia, Big Hero 6, Wreck-it-Ralph, and Inside Out.

Top 5 all time? Not even a chance when there's movies like Lion King, Incredibles, Wall-E, Up, Toy Story, Finding Nemo, Aladdin, etc.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Even if we're only counting the 2010's that's debatable when there's Zootopia, Big Hero 6, Wreck-it-Ralph, and Inside Out.

Top 5 all time? Not even a chance when there's movies like Lion King, Incredibles, Wall-E, Up, Toy Story, Finding Nemo, Aladdin, etc.

Oh paaaaaaleeeeeeze.  Incredibles, Up and Finding Nemo are all overrated. Not even sure why Zootopia or Big Hero 6 are on that first list....

Also i agree with @@CKS on3 thoughts on Royal2.  Against every other team i wouldn't change what he does, but against Splyce i think he needs to get where he is going faster.  I HATE saying that, because frankly a Halo game that emphasizes movement speed over many other characteristics is meh, but it is what it is.  If you watch that last series Splyce flanks a lot, while down players, and they do it FAST.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've yet to see Frozen, but Coco hit me in the feels hard.

---------

Already can't wait for Worlds, really want to see Tox and Splyce go back forth again - soooo good.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I've yet to see Frozen, but Coco hit me in the feels hard.

---------

Already can't wait for Worlds, really want to see Tox and Splyce go back forth again - soooo good.

Coco is GOAT, plain and simple.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I wasn't big on Big Hero 6 or Wreck It Ralph, they were good but I would name many Disney movies for others to watch before mentioning those two. Zootopia and Inside Out are both phenomenal though I agree. I honestly forgot about Inside Out when I said the top five comment.

I hate to be a downer, but I really didn't like Up. Finding Nemo and Aladdin I find to be pretty average (and by that I mean "Disney average", they're amazing in terms of general animated movies). The rest you mentioned I'd be willing to sub a few into the top five, but I don't know about all of them.

I could probably be convinced that top eight is deserved for Moana/Frozen/Tangled, maybe top ten if I forgot some movies like I forgot about Inside Out. I don't know if I could be convinced much further down than that.

EDIT: With how new Coco is I forgot about that one as well. Coco is also great.