CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I swapped my bumpers out after they wore away ~3-4 months after I bought it. Shortly after, the left stick began to get stuck when pressed, and I just gave up.

This was after my previous controller's bumpers wore away.

I have next to zero trust in Microsoft accessories. The only ones that haven't failed me within a year are 360 Wireless controllers. The only wired controller I ever bought had slow turn so severe it wasn't usable.

1st one i got was a dream. Aim felt great and everything. Then a paddle got jammed, bumper fell out,  and the aim went to shit. Was really sad. 

Xbox One X reminds me of the time I bought an upscaling DVD player that made my 480p movies look slightly better.

That's a bad analogy. It's an investment, and even then the 4k upgrades dev have been pushing out actually do make a big noticeable difference. Solid, consistent 30/60 FPS even in backwards compatible titles (some of which run better than they used to on legacy hardware). High Dynamic Range. 12 GBs of GDDR5 memory as opposed to 8GB GDDR3. A higher clocked GPU with a lot more computing power. Freesync support.  IMO the One X is what the original console should have been. It's actually pretty powerful for a console.

If you wanna talk about a rip off I think the S was a pretty big one now that this is out. Those guys got shafted.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm sorry but if you think ZBNS Reach wins mean more than H3 wins you are high af or 100% trolling.

Or your opinion is different. Perhaps because of an age differential where you noticed MLG and competitive Halo later than when Halo 3 was relevant and therefore followed the teams more at that stage, skewing your perception of what is important in favour of what you have seen the most of?

Or you objectively prefer ZBNS Reach and found it required more skill, therefore adding extra value onto the wins on that title over Halo 3?

You can never know what others think until it's explained. Drive-by opinions on both sides get the discussion nowhere.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Have gone and exchanged at best buy numerous times. Currently playing on a default. 

Never realized how odd the aim is on these controllers, no matter if you use default or different stick curves. 

I've bought the Elite controller 3 times and returned it twice. I'm too lazy to return this third one, but I can't aim for my life on any of them. I just keep it as a backup, but loathe having to send my Scuf in for repairs and using the Elite instead. Sticks are too loose.

If you wanna talk about a rip off I think the S was a pretty big one now that this is out. Those guys got shafted.

How? MS announced the S and X at E3 2016. People knew it was coming and knew not to hop on the S if they were patient.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Can't wait for the Scorpio. Upgrading from the Day 1 Edition - feels good man. 

How? MS announced the S and X at E3 2016. People knew it was coming and knew not to hop on the S if they were patient.

Ah, I wasn't aware of that. I think it was a bit of a pointless mid-cycle upgrade anyway. On the other hand there were minor upgrades to the 360 over time as well.

I'm sorry but if you think ZBNS Reach wins mean more than H3 wins you are high af or 100% trolling.

Wasn't there only 1 NBNS event? At least for MLG

I read the last 5 pages or so and couldn't find the speculation as to who would be replacing Huke on nV. Seems like I missed the discussion.

Anyone mind rehashing to me who nV is playing with? Also I saw on twitter Liquid split… what's the latest on that?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I read the last 5 pages or so and couldn't find the speculation as to who would be replacing Huke on nV. Seems like I missed the discussion.

Anyone mind rehashing to me who nV is playing with? Also I saw on twitter Liquid split… what's the latest on that?

This is all I know. https://clips.twitch.tv/CrowdedIntelligentPelicanPrimeMe

TLDR: Eco, Stellur, Mikwen, Snipedown - ENVY

Ola, Saiyan, Trippey - LG

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Reach was less of a halo than h4. I dont care how many teams went. Bloom automatically disqualifies it

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 8

Regarding the Xbox One X.

@@Mikwen have you tried forge maps to see if they’re better

I'm running through maps with people who are on normal maps. We haven't found a map with FPS issues yet.

Found one.

It's weird, I can tell there would be FPS issues there, but it's not dropping frames. It just feels like there's a shit ton of stuff rendering LOL

• Upvote (+1) 5

Str8: Lunch apg ace danoxide

My dream team is Lunch Ola Saiyan Dan

Maybe slot Trippey in there somewhere if he's as good as some people seem to think he is

I just want Lunch to go full Ogre2 and win 15 events after Roy's retirement man

• Upvote (+1) 5