CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo

I love slayers. That was brutal to watch though as a Rec fan. The sudden switch of emotion three times in two minutes just to lose it in the end. I hope they can bounce back in the next series.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I still think Tony Campbell Jr. is the best player in the game.

Change my mind. 

:lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 3

At the venue it seems like there are a lot more reciprocity fans than tox. Is that because reciprocity has a strong following already or people just like to root against tox?

At the venue it seems like there are a lot more reciprocity fans than tox. Is that because reciprocity has a strong following already or people just like to root against tox?

Sounded like “cheering for the upset” to me.

https://clips.twitch.tv/SullenBelovedChamoisHassaanChop?tt_medium=creation

This interview out of Butters was absolutely horrible. This question in particular may be one of the worst I've ever heard - what teams are they hoping to avoid? Probably the best teams, dude. Which teams are they hoping to play against? Probably the worst teams. What kind of question is this? How is Lunchbox supposed to answer? You can see how Butters makes interviewees uncomfortable with his thoughtless cookie cutter questions. I don't think we should be complacent with interviews like this. They make everyone involved seem stupid - the interviewer, the pro, HCS itself for considering this a legitimate interview.

The questions are usually left for the interviewer to come up with on the spot. Butters is definitely the least experienced with this, he needs to focus on practicing and preparing the questions before hand. I've been in that position many times and I feel like his delivery really isn't all that terrible. Then again, I think I'm the only meme'd interviewer in all of HCS! Haha. (I hate you, Renegod)

Yeah I hate to be that guy but I'm not a fan of Butters interviews or casting. He's too hectic, trips over his words, and can be very repetitive.

Onset is A+. Gets hectic when he needs to be, and slows down/whispers to make those intense but quiet moments even more engaging.

Butters only asset is his voice, which is admittedly very fit for the job, but I don't think he's a good caster at all.
  • Upvote (+1) 8

Butters just talks to talk, whether or not he has anything to say, to the point that he regularly strings together gibberish sentence fragments that make no sense and occasionally, when he can't manage that, just vocalizes instead of stopping and thinking about what he's going to say.

"HE'S GONNA KILL THE ROCKET GUY—BUT HE GETS OUT-FOCUSED BY THE ZOOM" - Butters 2018

I'm sure he's a nice dude, but his casting is honestly so bad it makes me miss Strongside's play-by-play.

• Upvote (+1) 8