CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Thought Str8 played really well this weekend. Unfortunate we never got to see how they stacked up against the other 5th-9th place teams as they only got to play against top 4 teams.

Also low key feel like suspector is playing his best halo since worlds 2016.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Thought Str8 played really well this weekend. Unfortunate we never got to see how they stacked up against the other 5th-9th place teams as they only got to play against top 4 teams.

Agree I think they would have easily been 5th best team there. Renegades admitted to not practicing and they got 3-0d twice in a row after only just beating Elevate.

Because of the Splyce forfeit, Renegades got the easier games and Str8 got bracket fucked. Str8 would have whooped RNG in Elim Round 1.

Another thing I noticed, we are still gonna have to wait a while before Mikwen and Snipedown play against Ola/NV. I definitely want to see that storyline.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I’ve got Splyce beating Optic in two BO7s. If a couple shots would’ve landed in the Coli CTF, I think we have a 3-1 series victory in favor of Splyce. They’ll come back today hitting everything.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I’ve got Splyce beating Optic in two BO7s. If a couple shots would’ve landed in the Coli CTF, I think we have a 3-1 series victory in favor of Splyce. They’ll come back today hitting everything.

Wrong.

• Upvote (+1) 4

My TB Premium auto-renewed for another year today  :weback:  :beyond:

For those of you that are wondering, the TB toxicity disease is contagious and the only proven cure is a
PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP. Get yours now before it's too late.  

• Upvote (+1) 9

Caught up for the past two days, gifs/memes still on point, laptop's dying, Toxicity all around. I see we are way on course.  :weback:

( CHAMPIONSHIP SUNDAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY !!!!! )

• Upvote (+1) 5

Just catching up, so I want to say I'm pretty disappointed in certain community member(s) in regards to recent events.

Cheers all, can't wait for Champ Sunday. Stay  :beyond: loyal and also go Tox. 

Personally I think people should be able to do what they want, especially when you people are literally just talking behind their backs all the time, like with this post. "certain people" ain't going to see it but you still feel the need to comment on them, tell them what to do and think.

And still NONE of you have reflected on anything but your own perspective, your own side, your own bias.

Yet you still all feel the need to keep posting and joking about toxicity, because truly that is becoming a better person.

Maybe they were in the wrong too, but ya'll are hypocritical.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Personally I think people should be able to do what they want, especially when you people are literally just talking behind their backs all the, like with this post. "certain people" ain't going to see it but you still feel the need to comment on them, tell them what to do and think.

And still NONE of you have reflected on anything but your own perspective, your own side, your own bias.

Yet you still all feel the need to keep posting and joking about toxicity, because truly that is becoming a better person.

Maybe they were in the wrong too, but ya'll are hypocritical.

K

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

If anybody wants something to read until the events start, our HCSPower Rankings are back! Props to @@Infinity for getting them out.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I think the biggest takeaway from a staff's standpoint is we should keep the banned posts public in the future (or implement a feature that does that). I like what ResetEra does where it shows the post and says: Warned or Banned above said post. It's really easy for someone in the wrong to "twist" the narrative, so we look like the "bad guys" when we hide ban worthy posts.

If you're going back and forth with a community member with insults, warned by 2 different staff members to please stop, and still follow up by insulting that said person and the staff on top of that - you will be banned. Also, this wasn't @@Moses_FPS first ban, but his third since 2015 involving insults or harassment towards community members / website. Seeing what went down on social media afterwards wasn't fun considering the situation, we've put so much time, energy, and resources to make this place special for the Halo community. To do that was disheartening - but like anything we move on and try and improve for the future.

For those curious, if I had to guess, we ban 2-3 people a month - not counting bots. If anybody has any questions regarding rules and whatnot, our PM's are always open as usual.

Here's a public PM about it:

Stop making a fucking joke out of it then and treat it seriously and not post this "PM'S ARE ALWAYS OPEN, IT SUCKS TO GO THROUGH WITH THIS" bullshit you do every time. You don't like insults and shit? Tell people here to not talk behind the back of others, tell people to stop making a joke out of this situation.

You and Saucey especially have a fucking issue of always making light of this shit and then posting "oh it sucks to do this" and then a page later making snide remarks about toxcity.

How about you start enforcing the back talking and shit? Instead of letting them get starred posts?

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 8

Staff is in a lose-lose situation when things like this come about.

The rules are in place. They always have been and always will be. Not one member of the community is above the rules - no matter how much they contribute. We become the bad guys for a few days after until it all fizzles out.

We allow more than enough freedom in terms of posts and the current thoughts of most in the community - whether it be positive or negative (more so usually negative - rightfully given what we as a community have dealt with in recent years) - and we get blasted for allowing such negativity to run rampant and having a place to let it fester and boil over. Why would we ever censor what people are saying or feeling? I have never understood this attitude. 

"The forums are too negative; positive vibes only man. One person posts negativity and it just trickles down. And the staff there do nothing to control it" and this just goes on and on and on and it's one of the very few things that gets under my skin about all of this.

I'm sorry to break this to you all - but the world is not a perfect place. That includes this forum. That includes Halo. No matter how badly you may want your world to perfect - it's not. Because not a single thing in life is perfect. Accept that reality.

And again, especially in the last few years, Halo and how the game has been presented to the masses - which is what we are all here for - has been very far from perfect. If people are upset about that - this is where they come to talk about it and make their voices heard. Unless those thoughts/posts break the rules - who are a single one of us on staff to stop any of you from expressing how you feel? Is that not the point of a forum?

The self-convinced perfect little angels of the Halo world will continue to throw the blame in our direction, and that's fine - it won't change because what matters to them is the social media pat on the back they receive when they have to tell everyone what they stand up for is right and just - but they also make sure everyone knows how they keep their head down and just grind. Again - not telling anyone they keep their head down and grind, that's not what it's about /s.

Sorry for the rant but this issue has just flat out bothered me. I'm not around much anymore as real life has taken over and my passion for Halo is not a microcosm of what it used to be - but I still enjoy watching and being involved with the community when I'm able. I've made some incredible friends because of this game and those relationships are the number one reason I'm still involved, and the small shred of hope I still have that Halo will return to a small part of the glory it once held back in the day. Will that ever happen? Who knows. But I'd still like to see it.

Championship Sunday begins in just about an hour. Lets enjoy the day. 

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Here's a public PM about it:

Stop making a fucking joke out of it then and treat it seriously and not post this "PM'S ARE ALWAYS OPEN, IT SUCKS TO GO THROUGH WITH THIS" bullshit you do every time. You don't like insults and shit? Tell people here to not talk behind the back of others, tell people to stop making a joke out of this situation.

You and Saucey especially have a fucking issue of always making light of this shit and then posting "oh it sucks to do this" and then a page later making snide remarks about toxcity.

How about you start enforcing the back talking and shit? Instead of letting them get starred posts?

Toxic communities and the competitive area of Halo have always kinda gone hand in hand (like most esports communities are viewed as tbh), this is nothing to do with just Beyond.

With the PM thing, we love talking to members 1 on 1 if they want to discuss things - the irony is that we rarely get PM's regarding it. It's kinda weird people have no issues making the discussion public, but when they really want to discuss it no one really wants to talk about it in private.

Yea, @@Saucey and I can get in on the fun - we are human, we have emotions along with the rest of the staff. Just because we moderate, doesn't mean we don't have opinions. We will do the best we can to moderate, won't lie we aren't on the site 24/7. If you see an issue, please use the report feature and our staff will check it out.

and then a page later making snide remarks about toxcity.

?

Beyond being ‘toxic’ is a joke among our community, based on a certain head of Esports at a certain studio a while back, while on a call with me, let me know that the forums were ‘toxic’.

It has since been turned into a meme, basically. That is used all the time. Nothing to do with any particular member.

• Upvote (+1) 3