CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

brackets

wild card which will start the day

Rfx30cm.png

champ for seeds and $$

nPogNBa.png

That top half of Champ bracket seems very interesting to me. I can see RNG, REC,and even OS make it to winners finals. All should be great matches.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

That top half of Champ bracket seems very interesting to me. I can see RNG, REC,and even OS make it to winners finals. All should be great matches.

The first round match ups will be good. Great way to start the day. Really hope Stellur recovers but whatever it is sounds pretty bad. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Groups for Worlds should either be GSL-Style Brackets or Double Round Robin. Single Round Robin feels super lackluster to me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Crazy someone who has beaten Optic and won an tournament didn't even qualify for world's. Hope guys on Oceanic bounce back another season.

Not sure why they put Mentality and Wise on the same side of the bracket, but I am pretty confident whoever wins this first match will go to world's.

Unfortunate thing with Splyce, but this shouldn't mess up world's, so let's enjoy this tournament for what it has become. Hope Stellur will be fit in no time.

Otherwise, very enjoyable day one, outside of those 2 disconnects it was flawlessly run. Love what MLG brings to the table.

Has to be super disappointing for tapping as well. He was all but guaranteed a world's spot through the Mexico qualifier but took a chance on this team. Also I think Armada has a decent chance tomorrow too but yeah my money is on Wise.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Also dunno if you guys noticed, but did Strongside actually read some of the feedback and is now trying to do the casting with more analyst approach ?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Strongside has always taken criticism with stride and improved. We railed on him initially, for good reason, but he has consistently improved! I enjoy his analysis.

This is literally the first event I havent seen him use his overenthusiastic play by play style. He was good analyst since the very beginning.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think this is the same thing my friend had. It caused him nausea and vomiting. He got the entire gallbladder removed after some treatment. He functions normally now, but he needs to be much more careful what he eats.

As to whether Stellur will be playing or not - that friend of mine felt sick one-two days, then the pain went away until it came back days or weeks after. So Stellur could be fine tomorrow or this tourney might be over as well for him.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What time tomorrow?

And why are there no vods for bravo streams?

12pm EST I believe.

No idea about VODS

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just catching up this AM with everything that happened yesterday.

Imagine ESL letting a laptop die, they would be shit on for months.

I'm reformed. 

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Let’s shit on them, as it is rather stupid.

But let’s not also forget that ESL would also have a shady point system, a nonsensical bracket, and would be holding the tourney in a jiffy lube. Also, tickets would have gone on sale 2 weeks ago.

Yeah, but at least we would have balloons.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Just catching up this AM with everything that happened yesterday.

Imagine ESL letting a laptop die, they would be shit on for months.

at least we got to instantly switch to another game and didnt have 20 minutes of halo wars 2 ads. but you're right in that its unacceptable

• Upvote (+1) 7