CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Infused beat splyce on rig SH after a reset in Orlando, i think there was a second example as well although i cant remember it now. The percentage has to be ludicrously high though.

Infused on Rig SH... Yeah that makes sense they dominate that gametype. 

OS up 2-0 on Oceanic... already not looking good for one of my predictions. 

Also a laptop getting unplugged and dying that some terrible stuff. Definitely won't see that again I bet. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

@@Clap is not happy about a laptop being unplugged.  There are definitely people running around checking ever piece of equipment right now sheesh.

At least they were able to switch right over to a side station.

• Upvote (+1) 4

@@Tashi

Can we get some sort of formal explanation why even the local servers have issues?  There is obviously a ​glaring issue with either the software or the hardware that is running it, and something clearly needs to change.  This isn't some sort of small issue that can be overlooked.  Tournament connection issues have plagued Halo 5 since its birth.  The fact that it is still happening and still screwing over teams in tournaments is just flat out unacceptable over 2 years into a game's life cycle.

What is the solution here?

You already know why. These people shouldnt have jobs in their field because they obviously have no idea what the fuck theyre doing. Theyre dealing with 20 year old networking technology that shouldve been a foundation for anyone involved in the tech field. This is what nepotism looks like. Then these idiots will go on to hire someone even more under qualified for the job. 1 event with server problems? It shouldnt happen but it can be forgiven. Every event? Look no further as to why Halo esports is DYING. The "pros" are obviously fine with the restarts and incompetence seeing as they dont do anything about it until after they lose.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Can ya blame him? I'd be pissed too if something as stupid as that cost my team a game

Nope.

Hope that didn't come off as anti-Str8. I wanted Str8 to win that series (not a fan of Spartan), but it's hard to resist a chance at poking fun at Tsquared Tsquared.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Woah woah woah lets chill people. Like, what the fuck are you even talking about here?

it was a silly thing to go wrong and probably shouldn't have happened by my lord 20 year old networking tech? thats just wrong.

it was a stupid mistake sure BUT they were able to switch immediately to a feature station and still keep gameplay going.  You have to know what you are doing to have that kind of infrastructure setup.  Its one hiccup chilllllllll

Yes, simple lan technology is over 20 years old. The fact that they dont understand it is sad. Simple mistakes? Theres literally a guy thats getting paid to make sure the "servers" work properly for 3 days. Its been 1 hour and theres already a problem. Just think about it. 

• Downvote (-1) 2

God, Goldenboy is amazing. He could be casting the World Paint Drying Championships and he'd make it interesting.

he has really gotten better in every respect in the last year or so.  How much he is working is really paying off. Great to see.

Yes, simple lan technology is over 20 years old. The fact that they dont understand it is sad. Simple mistakes? Theres literally a guy thats getting paid to make sure the "servers" work properly for 3 days. Its been 1 hour and theres already a problem. Just think about it. 

lulz.  You have never, not once in your life, been unable to get internet to work/something to turn on etc and tried every complex troubleshooting step only to realize it wasn't plugged in?  Someone could have walked by and knocked it out.  THey could have put the machine down with the power cable 2mm out and not visibly unplugged.  its not a big deal.

We used to have this kind of shit happen and 1) they couldn't figure out what it was forrrrever 2) with no bravo stream to switch to and 3) continue throughout the entire weekend.

This was one incident, resolved quickly, and with a backup plan in place to immediately implement.  MLG responds to inevitable issue faster and better than anyone, its more evidence of how good they are at what they do. not the other way around.  knock it off with your asinine nonsense

• Upvote (+1) 4

Ace, APG, and Lunchbox on one team is guaranteed to have me rooting for them.

Also can we chill on arguing on the first day of the tourney lol.

• Upvote (+1) 7