CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

OpTic is literally a team of four Tim Duncan's and this dude is trying to say one Kobe Bryant would be better. 

Ummm no Frank, this "dude" is trying to say if we are playing 1v1 and you pick Tim Duncan you are gonna lose. When I rank a top player list I'll take player skill and era they played into consideration over accolades. **** Kobe, Tim Duncan is the greatest PF ever he still wouldn't beat Kobe 1v1. Basketball and Halo aren't perfect comparisons but it's what came to mind. People have Snipedown low on lists like he wasn't best player in the world during the most competitive/most watched era's.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ce/2/3 are what matter the most

Thank you, that is what I was trying to get across. Players from this era should have that placement bump from that. Post H3 didn't the Suddoth teams become pro or placed high? Get outta here with that. I don't care about the money people have made recently, the money is finally here for tournaments, it's not just 20k and one tourny for 100k a year.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 6

Do you guys think that this season's rostermania will bring in any new orgs?

Let's get Denial back!  :intensifies:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ummm no Frank, this "dude" is trying to say if we are playing 1v1 and you pick Tim Duncan you are gonna lose. When I rank a top player list I'll take player skill and era they played into consideration over accolades. **** Kobe, Tim Duncan is the greatest PF ever he still wouldn't beat Kobe 1v1. Basketball and Halo aren't perfect comparisons but it's what came to mind. People have Snipedown low on lists like he wasn't best player in the world during the most competitive/most watched era's.

Snip3down is good but I do think he's overrated, and the amount of teams doesn't equate to the quality of competition, and I think Tim Duncan has a shot. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

He wasn't the best player in any of the eras, MAYBE the only time he was the ' best ' player was when the TD/Str8 rivalry was in full steam but other than that, nope.

CE -> Ogres/Walsh

H2 - > Ogres/Walsh(and Carbon)

H3 -> At first maybe Snipedown(along with Roy and Ola) but then at the end it was clear that Ola was the best player around.

Halo Reach -> Ola and possibly Royal2/Snakebite.

Halo 4 -> LUL

H2A -> While I think Snipedown was absurd at this game, I do think that the players in CLG/Optic were clearly better.

Halo 5 -> It's fair to say that the entire Optic Gaming right now are the best players in the game, Snakebite taking the top spot for me personally, followed closely by the players in Splyce.

Snipedown has been in the top for a LONG time tho.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Snipedown has been in the top for a LONG time tho.

since he started playing.  Kid was winning tournaments and national championships his rookie year.  Reach he had a couple top 3 placings, but then h4 onward hes back in the discussion as best in the game.  Early H3 he probably was the best in the game

Snip3down is good but I do think he's overrated, and the amount of teams doesn't equate to the quality of competition, and I think Tim Duncan has a shot. 

Last event he wasn't hitting snipes that he used to whereas Mikwen was. 

So i recently moved back to canada and i saw that one internet commercial with Royal 2 in it and IT IS HILARIOUS 

Am Canadian, don't watch TV, have never seen this. Link? 

I think we can all agree that 2008 belonged to Snipedown.

Best slayer? Yes absolutely. As much as people hate the guy's attitude though you can't act like Hysteria wasn't putting up insane numbers while doing the most obj on his team at times that year. Its totally arguable he was the best player in the game in 08. I mean he carried SK. Where I feel like Snip3down really evolved into a much better overall player by the time 09 rolled around imo.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Top ten lists is great talk always imo, was using snipe-down as an example. Is Neighbor KD?

Who is AI?

Last event he wasn't hitting snipes that he used to whereas Mikwen was. 

What? Last event nobody on Envy were hitting shots they use to(Mikwen included,) but who can blame them as they knew it was Huke's last event. Denver was weird as Envy & Splyce, and to a lesser degree Optic played way worse than they did during Atlanta.

• Upvote (+1) 1

stop it. Duncan was better than kobe in his prime, and created the culture that allowed the success. Duncan always led the gm poll for "if you were starting a franchise"

And h5 > reach

You're crazy on multiple levels for believing either of those 2 things.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It is far more impressive to win a Halo 5 event currently then it was to win a CE tournament. It was impressive for the Ogre twins to win as much as they did, but each event in and of itself was so much less meaningful. It simply wasn't as serious.

1 billilon no's to this.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1