CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Good news, my friends!

I will be your Observer/Broadcaster on the Bravo stream this weekend once again! I fly out to Columbus tomorrow and can't wait to spend another incredible weekend with my new Halo friends and family.

If you are at the eventplease find me and say hello! All toxic Beyond fam are entitled to a hug.

Additionally, the beloved Team Beyond power rankings are returning tomorrow night or Friday evening. Working with some lovely British panelists to cook up some rankings drama before the big weekend.

Finally, I promised you all a post-mortem on my first tournament experience in Orlando, and that got buried by school work. Let's make it an 'MLG post-mortem' after this event.

I'm thrilled for Columbus, hoping for ex-OpTic to make a statement, and excited for another incredible weekend of Halo.

Cheers.

Great news, glad to you have back on the team.

I really don't understand how messed up things are over there. How does this happen?

My theory is that when Infinite took over they wanted to analyse and justify keeping all of Optics current teams.

Someone probably claimed themselves to be a Halo expert and said the game wasn’t worth investing in, and used incredibly outdated information as their reasoning (probably why we saw pictures from last years worlds pop back up in one persons tweets).

I wouldn’t be surprised if they had no idea about MLG returning as TO. Seeing that video and reading what Lethul wrote makes me think that when more information was uncovered they saw a reason for keeping them/resigning them under different terms.

Complete speculation and opinion from me, but a lack of current information could be a reason to get rid of a Championship winning team so easily.

• Upvote (+1) 1

My theory is that when Infinite took over they wanted to analyse and justify keeping all of Optics current teams.

Someone probably claimed themselves to be a Halo expert and said the game wasn’t worth investing in, and used incredibly outdated information as their reasoning (probably why we saw pictures from last years worlds pop back up in one persons tweets).

I wouldn’t be surprised if they had no idea about MLG returning as TO. Seeing that video and reading what Lethul wrote makes me think that when more information was uncovered they saw a reason for keeping them/resigning them under different terms.

Complete speculation and opinion from me, but a lack of current information could be a reason to get rid of a Championship winning team so easily.

If that's the case they're embarrassing themselves and should probably not be involved to begin with. It takes about 2 whole minutes to figure out everything about this scene, past and current TOs, and that team specifically. Not sure how they're allowed to be making decisions or why they even bought into OpTic if they're going to not have any idea whats happening. I kind of doubt they didn't know what they were doing 

Unfortunately this sounds plausible, considering someone drew up a contract without any knowledge of what they team was actually due to make at Worlds.

This entire ordeal provides a rather astonishing view of how unprofessional a professional body can be.

My take on it - it’s a form of professional bullying. Infinite wanted to get rid of the Halo team as they saw no value in it. They didn’t want to “cut” them for the sake of upsetting H3CZ, so instead purposely mishandled the situation in hope that they would leave on their own accord. I feel that the same tactic was used to push Hitch and Create out of the Content team.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I may have missed it but has there been an announcement of the casters for this weekend?

There has not from what I have seen.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Good news, my friends!

I will be your Observer/Broadcaster on the Bravo stream this weekend once again! I fly out to Columbus tomorrow and can't wait to spend another incredible weekend with my Halo friends and family.

If you are at the event, please find me and say hello! All toxic Beyond fam are entitled to a hug.

Additionally, the beloved Team Beyond power rankings are returning tomorrow night or Friday morning. Working with some lovely British panelists to cook up some rankings drama before the big weekend.

Finally, I promised you all a post-mortem on my first tournament experience in Orlando, and that got buried by school work. Let's make it an 'MLG post-mortem' after this event.

I'm thrilled for Columbus, hoping for ex-OpTic to make a statement, and excited for another incredible weekend of Halo.

Cheers.

congrats my dude! i really  enjoyed the 3rd person views you and @@Wonderboy used in orlando and i'm glad your hard work is paying off

My take on it - it’s a form of professional bullying. Infinite wanted to get rid of the Halo team as they saw no value in it. They didn’t want to “cut” them for the sake of upsetting H3CZ, so instead purposely mishandled the situation in hope that they would leave on their own accord. I feel that the same tactic was used to push Hitch and Create out of the Content team.

I think it was professional bullying but not in the same manner.  I think they wanted to keep the team, but only on their terms and they lowballed them an offer that was less than they were worth thinking that these "Stupid video game kids will roll over".  The ex-optic guys are probably some of the savviest players when it comes to business decisions (and probably most other irl things really...) and weren't taking any bullshit from Infinite so what happened happened.

It was one party knowing what they were worth and the other party not understanding that esports players have more power to be independent than say, professional baseball players and the guys on ex-optic aren't just "Stupid kids".

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think it was professional bullying but not in the same manner.  I think they wanted to keep the team, but only on their terms and they lowballed them an offer that was less than they were worth thinking that these "Stupid video game kids will roll over".  The ex-optic guys are probably some of the savviest players when it comes to business decisions (and probably most other irl things really...) and weren't taking any bullshit from Infinite so what happened happened.

It was one party knowing what they were worth and the other party not understanding that esports players have more power to be independent than say, professional baseball players and the guys on ex-optic aren't just "Stupid kids"

Maniac and Hitch talk about it in depth on their latest "Flycast" Seems like it came down to Infinite not thinking the team gave them enough ROI. 

Someone needs to get kicked in the shins.

I just wrote a decent sized paragraph asking Hitch in his stream why Halo didn't get much attention lately and he just ignored it. It's so strange, OpTic Halo was such a dominant team, yet they just seem to sweep it under the rug.

EDIT: https://clips.twitch.tv/SpicyGrotesqueBeeWow

Oh.

I must have missed some sub-text.

Why is he laughing?

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm pretty excited to watch this weekend. Ex Optic as Final Boss would have been pretty cool but I understand why they don't want to. It's really a shame with Optic though. There has been a lot of corporate drama lately and I feel it will only get worse. Hopefully they will realize that most people don't care nearly as much about the org as they do for the actual players/content creators. Optic used to be ALL about the players. I can see the COD team leaving in the future as well. Will be funny to watch as Optic Infinite loses its 3 championship winning teams (Halo, Gears, CoD), and all of its fan support because they aren't worth the ROI. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why is he laughing?

He's laughing at the craziness of the situation. He was just talking with Hecz about the Halo team and how they were excited the Halo team was still on Optic because they were under the impression that all the contracts were signed. They recorded a piece for Vision and everyone was happy. Only for them to find out a couple hours later that the Halo team left because nobody responded to their emails.

The whole thing is ridiculous, and that's what makes it funny.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Why is he laughing?

giphy.gif

Because they got dropped. pickup again, and then dropped in the span of a few days. He said earlier "Snakebite is one of the greatest Halo players of all time, then he gets dropped. Twice in a week."

He's basically saying the way Infinite handled it was laughable. According to Hitch and Maniac's podcast though, things have gotten better. Lack of communication has been a huge problem.

• Upvote (+1) 1

He's laughing at the craziness of the situation. He was just talking with Hecz about the Halo team and how they were excited the Halo team was still on Optic because they were under the impression that all the contracts were signed. They recorded a piece for Vision and everyone was happy. Only for them to find out a couple hours later that the Halo team left because nobody responded to their emails.

The whole thing is ridiculous, and that's what makes it funny.

Because they got dropped. pickup again, and then dropped in the span of a few days. He said earlier "Snakebite is one of the greatest Halo players of all time, then he gets dropped. Twice in a week."

He's basically saying the way Infinite handled it was laughable. According to Hitch and Maniac's podcast though, things have gotten better. Lack of communication has been a huge problem.

Okay. That makes sense.

From what I've seen of him he's a good dude, so I was like, "why is he laughing at my pain."

Thanks for clearing that up.  :)

• Upvote (+1) 2