CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

9xrACrz.jpg?1

i dont get why ex optic needs an official name to draw pools...put in the captain's name as a placeholder

• Upvote (+1) 3

Prove this please.  This is a shit ton of conjecture. Latency causes shit to happen in general, but saying that every time you take damage causes latency? you gotta prove that out bro.

Best way for me to prove it is for you to do exactly what I suggested you do if you were in need of proof. I've been collecting data on it for over a year. Anytime you are interacting with another player and damage is involved, there are latency spikes. 

I don't know how to capture my screen in real-time, or I would show you. Do what I suggested and you can see for yourself.

Best way for me to prove it is for you to do exactly what I suggested you do if you were in need of proof. I've been collecting data on it for over a year. Anytime you are interacting with another player and damage is involved, there are latency spikes. 

I don't know how to capture my screen in real-time, or I would show you. Do what I suggested and you can see for yourself.

Look man, if you have already done this then you should have recorded it if you were going to make claims like that.  I am not going to get a NetDuma or bridge my xbox through my PC and sync a wireshark recording up with a gameplay feed because you said, "Trust me bro".

You have either already done this, recorded it and can prove it, and i will do the same to have more corroborating evidence. Or you haven't and you're talking out your ass.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Look man, if you have already done this then you should have recorded it if you were going to make claims like that.  I am not going to get a NetDuma or bridge my xbox through my PC and sync a wireshark recording up with a gameplay feed because you said, "Trust me bro".

You have either already done this, recorded it and can prove it, and i will do the same to have more corroborating evidence. Or you haven't and you're talking out your ass.

Cool, man. I totally understand that you don't want to believe claims without evidence. Not once, not one single time, did I ever ask you to "Trust me bro". If I did, I certainly wouldn't have done it like that. 

Instead, what I did say, was that I do not have the technical capability to produce your standard of evidence. All I am saying is what I am seeing. There is a latency line (on NetDuma software that shows the latency in real-time to what server I am connected to), that remains constant (+/- 5/10ms variation) the entire time I'm connected to a server(actually playing the match). The only time it changes is when I am receiving damage. I have controlled for outside variables on my bandwidth as best I can(which means I'm on a wired Xbox connection with the only two devices connected to my router are my xbox and my laptop.) The latency variance when I'm receiving damage is anywhere from 20ms to 50ms on average, but I've seen it spike all the way into the 400's before. 

So, I understand that you don't want to accept claims without evidence. I completely get that. What I don't agree with is you saying I'm "talking out my ass" because YOUR standard of evidence is not met. What else I don't understand is that initially you state that, "I am not going to get a NetDuma or bridge my xbox through my PC and sync a wiresharks recording up with a gameplay feed because you said 'Trust me bro'". But then go on the state that, " will do the same to have more corroborating evidence." So which is it, are you going to do it, or not?

Edit: As for proving that higher latency causes worse heavy aim, bullet registration, bullet magnetism, and smaller hitboxes, that becomes more complicated. It is largely subjective. It makes it hard to objectively prove without access to the source code (even 343 says they can't "see" heavy aim in the code). But, I am pretty sure we have all "felt" heavy aim while playing the game. What I have noticed is that if the latency is high, all of those variables are effected. The higher it is/goes, the worse it "feels" to play. 

i dont get why ex optic needs an official name to draw pools...put in the captain's name as a placeholder

I'm guessing the pool has been drawn, probably just giving the team as much time as possible to sort out what they want to do. If they do get an Org for this weekend (seems unlikely now), it would be good for everyone involved to be able to promote it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Anyway, back on off topic. There hasn't been any emo Spartan tweets lately, so I thought I would fix that.

XvNAy6e.png

Has anyone tweeted this at Spartan, would love to see his reaction. Could I suggest a 'selfie' series, would love to see Royal2 in his Fur Coat on a card.

I'm guessing the pool has been drawn, probably just giving the team as much time as possible to sort out what they want to do. If they do get an Org for this weekend (seems unlikely now), it would be good for everyone involved to be able to promote it.

This. Pretty sure they already know the pools they're just holding off the announcement.

We should know soon what the team name will be, because 'media day' for Columbus teams is Thursday. Not sure what all that entails, but I imagine some pictures are taken with players in their jerseys or whatever.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Seriously, are you just rude to everybody?

Eh he will argue and fight with anyone over anything and I have chosen to ignore him... because you know the internet 

That being said, I'd actually agree with his first post. You should be able to say that nothing is going on in Halo without getting jumped for not recognizing there are tournaments in Latin America and Asia. Because yeah, those teams will get rolled in their first series against pretty much anyone. 

Of course this is just personal opinion and the way Arglactable proceeds to condescend any differing opinion is stupid

• Upvote (+1) 4

Man that really sucks to be that close to being back on the team and then just lose it because someone can't/won't send an email.

EDIT: But for real @@Clap is there some way you can forcibly make their team name Final Boss?

• Upvote (+1) 9

Seems like Infinite conveniently "forgot" about Optic Halo until it was too late, so they wouldn't have to cut them anyways after their newly proposed contract ended in April.

But anyways, all aboard the Final Boss train!

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Has anyone tweeted this at Spartan, would love to see his reaction. Could I suggest a 'selfie' series, would love to see Royal2 in his Fur Coat on a card.

Haha, maybe I'll try something like this in a future if there is enough fun pictures to support this.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Eh he will argue and fight with anyone over anything and I have chosen to ignore him... because you know the internet

That being said, I'd actually agree with his first post. You should be able to say that nothing is going on in Halo without getting jumped for not recognizing there are tournaments in Latin America and Asia. Because yeah, those teams will get rolled in their first series against pretty much anyone.

Of course this is just personal opinion and the way Arglactable proceeds to condescend any differing opinion is stupid

Fair enough, I wouldn't doubt if the people who are arguing for "less off topic" discussion are pouncing on the "nothing to talk about crowd" more right now due to recent debates in this thread (I'm part of the crowd jumping more often, I'll admit).

As long as we can both agree not to discuss it in a hostile manor I'm cool with it. I'll also try to pimp the other scenes more instead of just quoting people and telling them I think they're wrong.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Be interesting to see Hecz's take on this. Following the timeline, he went dark from the original announcement up to the point it seemed like they were returning to Optic. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Instead, what I did say, was that I do not have the technical capability to produce your standard of evidence. All I am saying is what I am seeing. There is a latency line (on NetDuma software that shows the latency in real-time to what server I am connected to), that remains constant (+/- 5/10ms variation) the entire time I'm connected to a server(actually playing the match). The only time it changes is when I am receiving damage. I have controlled for outside variables on my bandwidth as best I can(which means I'm on a wired Xbox connection with the only two devices connected to my router are my xbox and my laptop.) The latency variance when I'm receiving damage is anywhere from 20ms to 50ms on average, but I've seen it spike all the way into the 400's before. 

So just say that in the first reply lol.

Now i'm curious and am installing wireshark...  Halo is the reason i bought an Arduino.  And now its about to be the reason why i spy on my own internet traffic.  wtf Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 3

That was last Friday. Our tournament to qualify for worlds is this weekend. We were told Friday that we would be messaged back by the end of the day, end of the weekend at the latest with the last details we needed to choose. It is currently Wednesday, we have heard nothing back and after 3 messages trying to get some answer or reply, literally anything at all, it didn't happen. Today is the deadline for submitting a team name/org so the window is closed.

Optic has literally ghosted their Halo squad...

Now i'm curious and am installing wireshark...  Halo is the reason i bought an Arduino.  And now its about to be the reason why i spy on my own internet traffic.  wtf Halo.

I have the new nighthawk with the netduma os and can confirm that shots register cleanly when I'm connected to the server down the road - I live in Dallas/Ft Worth - I kinda want to try this damage received thing, but at the same time I'm not tech savvy, but imagine that it is more complex than this. 

Now i'm curious and am installing wireshark... Halo is the reason i bought an Arduino. And now its about to be the reason why i spy on my own internet traffic. wtf Halo.

You can't casually drop in and say you bought an arduino and not say why you bought an arduino.

Were you the one who did the heavy aim testing?