CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I just want another C9 Halo team to support dammit, idk how they could pass ex-OG up

I just want another C9 Halo team to support dammit, idk how they could pass ex-OG up

Because they're still playing halo 5........

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I’m excited for it since it will be my first time watching professional halo in person! It’s going to be awesome! Also curious what team name or org Snowmen will be preforming under.

Are you gonna be at the MS store in Easton?

Interesting fact. Heavy aim, bullet registration, bullet magnetism, and hitboxes, are all tied to latency in this game. The higher your latency to the server, the worse/smaller those things get. When your character model in game is damaged, your connection has a latency spike to the server. Those momentary spikes cause your bullets to not register, your heavy aim to get worse, and the other player's hitboxes to get smaller. Online battles are largely determined by who's latency to the server is lower on average, and by extension, who's connection is less affected by the latency spike caused by receiving damage. 

Don't believe me? Either download software that allows you to watch latency in real time, or buy a NetDuma and watch it that way. 

Don't know why they would code the game that way, but they did. It's a real thing. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

Because they're still playing halo 5........

Lets hope the MCC patch is actually a success. Could get in a few tournaments using H2A before the next mainline Halo. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'd like to think you all know us pretty well by now. Lets not be silly and suggest that we don't read our contracts, or don't know what we are owed. If it was as simple as going to the org and receiving the payment that is what would have been done(and has tried to be done) 

im more concerned that ms pays the skins from gow and halo in the same payment without itemizing it tbh

• Upvote (+1) 9

One thing I want to say on this is - it's super crazy to say there is nothing going on in Halo right now. It's fair if someone says I am not interested in other regions, but don't say there is nothing going on ffs.

#wewantmosesback

I guess if you really want to pretend that glorified Diamond rank match-making games with the Mexican HWC playlist regulars is "something going on" you can say that. Halo 5 isn't big enough, its meta deep enough, or its skill ceiling high enough for regions with even smaller scenes than NA to produce any significant number of players worth watching. Halo 5 is not a global esport. My condolences to anyone who genuinely believes it is. Maybe if Moses had other interests or hobbies, he would understand why people would rather do something else.

Everyone knows how this will go. The top Latin American squad will show up to HWC, get run over by the first half decent NA (or even EU) squad they encounter, and go home with that nice guaranteed pay out for living in an, uh, "emerging region." It's a staple of the HWC experience at this point.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 5

I guess if you really want to pretend that glorified Diamond rank match-making games with the Mexican HWC playlist regulars is "something going on" you can say that. Halo 5 isn't big enough, its meta deep enough, or its skill ceiling high enough for regions with even smaller scenes than NA to produce any significant number of players worth watching. Halo 5 is not a global esport. My condolences to anyone who genuinely believes it is. Maybe if Moses had other interests or hobbies, he would understand why people would rather do something else.

Everyone knows how this will go. The top Latin American squad will show up to HWC, get run over by the first half decent NA (or even EU) squad they encounter, and go home with that nice guaranteed pay out for living in an, uh, "emerging region." It's a staple of the HWC experience at this point.

I am getting an impression you generally don't really care about Halo 5, so I am missing the point of your post.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Interesting fact. Heavy aim, bullet registration, bullet magnetism, and hitboxes, are all tied to latency in this game. The higher your latency to the server, the worse/smaller those things get. When your character model in game is damaged, your connection has a latency spike to the server. Those momentary spikes cause your bullets to not register, your heavy aim to get worse, and the other player's hitboxes to get smaller. Online battles are largely determined by who's latency to the server is lower on average, and by extension, who's connection is less affected by the latency spike caused by receiving damage. 

Don't believe me? Either download software that allows you to watch latency in real time, or buy a NetDuma and watch it that way. 

Don't know why they would code the game that way, but they did. It's a real thing. 

Prove this please.  This is a shit ton of conjecture. Latency causes shit to happen in general, but saying that every time you take damage causes latency? you gotta prove that out bro.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Sounds like Scaryotic talk

The game is certainly playable enough so that if you're good enough you'll get on a good team and qualify for events and that's enough for me iah

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lets hope the MCC patch is actually a success. Could get in a few tournaments using H2A before the next mainline Halo. 

I personally would love to see more H2C and H3 tournaments hey I get it.

I am getting an impression you generally don't really care about Halo 5, so I am missing the point of your post.

Nice non-sequitur, bud. My interest in Halo 5 has nothing at all to do with the point. Too many words? Let me simplify.

There has been nothing going on in Halo 5 esports, unless you honestly care about match-making tier LAN competitions to decide which team from the region gets first-rounded by an NA squad at HWC. Obviously, a handful of people do.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 9

"There is nothing going on in Halo esports aside from the stuff that I don't care about"

Do you really enjoy watching diamond players compete? I've played better pick up teams in MM than other regions have. It's just not fun to watch.
  • Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Nice non-sequitur, bud. My interest in Halo 5 has nothing at all to do with the point. Too many words? Let me simplify.

There has been nothing going on in Halo 5 esports, unless you honestly care about match-making tier LAN competitions to decide which team from the region gets first-rounded by an NA squad at HWC. Obviously, a handful of people do.

Seriously, are you just rude to everybody?
  • Upvote (+1) 5

There has been nothing going on in Halo 5 esports, unless you honestly care about match-making tier LAN competitions to decide which team from the region gets first-rounded by an NA squad at HWC. Obviously, a handful of people do.

Look. If someone is trying to support other regions or maybe even likes to watch competition in other regions (god forbid !), that doesn't mean he is so naïve to think those teams can win worlds. Maybe they see that its generally a good thing to grow halo around the globe ? Or maybe they appreciate where we are now compared to the basement Agl times ? Its not like there isn't enough competition in NA. Anyway, did you know there is a NA regionals this weekend ? No anz, eu or latam team. Hope you will enjoy that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There has been nothing going on in Halo 5 esports, unless you honestly care about match-making tier LAN competitions to decide which team from the region gets first-rounded by an NA squad at HWC. Obviously, a handful of people do.

I think you just disproved your own point? 

• Upvote (+1) 7