CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I think @@Tashi said on twitter money has been paid to orgs already.

'Skin Money' seems like one of those ideas that at first was a great idea, but unless the time is taken to make it work and sought out the details, becomes a point of contention. Unfortunately this seems to be a pattern with lots of H5/HCS things, some good ideas, but not fully thought thru or implemented well enough.

• Upvote (+1) 5

'Skin Money' seems like one of those ideas that at first was a great idea, but unless the time is taken to make it work and sought out the details, becomes a point of contention. Unfortunately this seems to be a pattern with lots of H5/HCS things, some good ideas, but not fully thought thru or implemented well enough.

Totally agree with this. Would love to know how much we contribute with each req purchase and how much they raised instead of just saying "we upped the prize pool another 10k". Well let's hope this was a good lesson for them .

I wonder how much skin money was actually generated.

The long delayed, staggered realease couldn’t have been all that great for revenues. That And the constant team changes probably complicated the payouts from Orgs to players.

I wonder how much skin money was actually generated.

The long delayed, staggered realease couldn’t have been all that great for revenues. That And the constant team changes probably complicated the payouts from Orgs to players.

Honestly the release schedule and limits on which skins were available looks like the plan of someone who wanted team skins in Halo to do as poorly as possible without someone just outright saying no and not implementing it at all

• Upvote (+1) 7

Honestly the release schedule and limits on which skins were available looks like the plan of someone who wanted team skins in Halo to do as poorly as possible without someone just outright saying no and not implementing it at all

good old internal sabotage. i just read an article about how stricken MS as a whole has historically been with this.

i can't imagine why anyone wouldn't want skins to succeed though. selling cosmetics is one of the easiest ways to capitalize on esports excitement- but you actually need them to be for sale if you ever want to sell them.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I have nothing to add to this conversation but this gif of Totz.

lKfx5jk.gif 

Moses, come back, plz.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I thought it was easy enough to figure out that team skins supported the orgs that were in Halo (who pay salary to players who don’t stream and don’t promote sponsors) and supported prize pools so that players could get paid through that.

If you aren’t getting paid for team skins and you are supposed to be, talk to your org. If you haven’t read your contract and have no idea if you were obliged to a cut, why are you complaining about it?

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

All I know this is going to be some of the sweatiest competition we have seen in a while.

Nahhhhh mate, Counter Loptic Gaming will win worlds for a third time and top 8 will be all NA.

• Upvote (+1) 5

So who would have gotten the money for the country skins? 

Because I pay taxes and want my cut.

• Upvote (+1) 3

if there is no shower/bathtub then why is it called a bathroom, you cant bathe yourself in a toilet. :wutface:

You can wash your face though.... splash your pits a bit. what more do you need?

I don't see the issue with the team skin money.  The agreement was between the org and 343, not the players and 343.  The org has a contract with the players.  The org pays the players a salary that is in some part compensated by the skin sales.  Its a way to keep orgs interested in sponsoring a Halo team in the first place.  If the players have a problem and want to see some of that skin money, don't tweet into the ether about that shit, take it to the org.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Skins money goes to the org. Why should players get it. They already get salary and prize winnings.

I'm pretty sure it's because they told players they were getting a cut lol it's not pros just wanting more money.

Well I hope they have it in writing or in their contracts, if not it could be an issue then. With that said though, Hecz seems like he's working on it and will get it done for them.

Well I hope they have it in writing or in their contracts, if not it could be an issue then. With that said though, Hecz seems like he's working on it and will get it done for them.

Yeah, I mean when you're juggling deals like new partnerships and and the OWL, I highly doubt Hecz is just trying to duck out of a drop in the bucket money wise for some H5 skins. It's probably one of those things where it pops into your mind and then you shoot Microsoft an email about a breakdown, Microsoft never emails you back... you forget follow up etc 

I didn't realize it was this weekend until yesterday lol

I’m excited for it since it will be my first time watching professional halo in person! It’s going to be awesome! Also curious what team name or org Snowmen will be preforming under.

• Upvote (+1) 8