CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The relevant gaming regions for Latin America literally sits in the same time zone as 80% of the USA. EU is generally tolerable times too.

Yes, your point stands that Halo is NA-dominated and they're disconnected from other regions socially, but just come out and say the reason is not timezones (343 have been quite accommodating there) but you guys simply don't care or want a global brand of Halo. 

Think of it like this right, so if the world series for baseball was literally a culmination of all countries around the world, and we had regions that had teams play to win to go to the playoffs. Well, if the teams from literally every other zone were basically guaranteed to get first rounded, why would anyone outside of those regions even bother to pay attention, its totally irrelevant to the world series, because they'll literally never be able to compete, because all the talent is getting sent to the big boy teams in N/A. Its not that we dont want all the regions to compete, its that they dont stand a chance in hell of winning, nice baiting though!

Fourth most popular image on imgur atm

EUCluM9.jpg

I remember watching a behind the scenes thing about Halo and he forgot he was in charge of the soundtrack and thought if it on the car ride to the studio on the day of or something along those lines
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I remember watching a behind the scenes thing about Halo and he forgot he was in charge of the soundtrack and thought if it on the car ride to the studio on the day of or something along those lines

Think that was in the "Remaking the Legend" documentary about H2A.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not only that, besides some random tournaments at MS stores, some qualifiers from other countries where no one knows the players, we have literally nothing. 

343i hasn't announced anything related to H6, we don't even know the YEAR its coming out, and H5 released almost 3 years ago. People get bored between N/A and EU tournaments, it happens, we didn't even have a crazy rostermania, and on top of all that we have the lowest in game numbers of concurrent players ever (most likely) for a halo game. I was playing HWC playlist at low diamond, matched nV 3 times....

Drake and Ninja was ground breaking for gaming in general, and every message bpard was popping off about it, ridiculous to assume we wouldnt

Yeah, I wish there was some more Halo related stuff going on. Battle Royale has literally completely taken over gaming & Esports as a cultural phenomenon, which is cool - but combine that with a former Halo Pro (Ninja) being at the top of the food chain on twitch w/ Fortnite + Halo news being stagnant it will cause a lot of OT discussion on the forums specifically.

Still weird nobody has heard one shred of news on the next Halo title though, wonder what they have been cooking up. Hopefully something, Halo:CE // Halo 2/ esque (I can dream).

• Upvote (+1) 6

I’m very late to the party on the subject of twitch ‘donations’ but hey, I’m from Australia and it all happened over night so I’m kind of still on topic.

Can’t believe that not a single person pointed out that calling thwm ‘Donations’ is a bit fucking rich. Call it a ‘Tip’ and we might have avoided a whole heap of pointless back and forth in here earlier.

However calling it a tip instead of a donation probably won’t have all the little kids hasseling their parents for the chance to ‘donate’.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Yeah, I wish there was some more Halo related stuff going on. Battle Royale has literally completely taken over gaming & Esports as a cultural phenomenon, which is cool - but combine that with a former Halo Pro (Ninja) being at the top of the food chain on twitch w/ Fortnite + Halo news being stagnant it will cause a lot of OT discussion on the forums specifically.

Still weird nobody has heard one shred of news on the next Halo title though, wonder what they have been cooking up. Hopefully something, Halo:CE // Halo 2/ esque (I can dream).

This post hits all the marks.

Ninja/Battle Royale is kind of the 'perfect storm' to push Beyond off-topic.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly saying nothing is going on at the moment is pretty ridiculous.

We have pretty much had 4 worldwide halo events back to back (Give or take a week or two) and have the NA regional this weekend too, and an enormous World finals a few weeks afterwards. If you did tune into the ANZ / EU / and LATAM events towards the end you would have been pleasantly surprised to see some good quality halo played, and most notable a marked improvement in all of the regions overall from a year ago. 

Starting some discussion here, lets talk about this weekend and the 9 teams people see qualifying for the final worlds spots. Also, who do people think will be taking the number one spot or will Splyce go back to back for the first time?

Not trying to be negative here, just want people to realise there was actually a lot going on and start some positive discussion

:weback:   :simms:

I was actually choked when I found out the MS store FFA was the same weekend as the Mexico event. If fans there were half as loud as the Gears events in Mexico I thought it would have been cool. Mindfreak in Australia were disgusting though, Junior (I think it was Junior at least) has an incredible snipe, and the FFA finals were great.

The fanboy in me wants Team Rec to win. The realist in my thinks Splyce will take it. I would love to see any of the other top four win it however. I was a big fan of Snakebite/Royal 2 during Reach. I always loved Ola, and Mikwen is my favorite pro now. I'm not sure why but I never really gelled with anyone on Splyce, they're not bad people I just don't know anything about any of them.

• Upvote (+1) 4

The Beyond Meme Team is an established entity here on the forums, and I'm wondering who would like to join my new establishment, the Toxic Crusaders? 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Honestly saying nothing is going on at the moment is pretty ridiculous.

We have pretty much had 4 worldwide halo events back to back (Give or take a week or two) and have the NA regional this weekend too, and an enormous World finals a few weeks afterwards. If you did tune into the ANZ / EU / and LATAM events towards the end you would have been pleasantly surprised to see some good quality halo played, and most notable a marked improvement in all of the regions overall from a year ago. 

Starting some discussion here, lets talk about this weekend and the 9 teams people see qualifying for the final worlds spots. Also, who do people think will be taking the number one spot or will Splyce go back to back for the first time?

Not trying to be negative here, just want people to realise there was actually a lot going on and start some positive discussion

:weback:   :simms:

again tbf we discussed eu and na but most here are clueless about anz/latam and the people that know the most about those regions didnt dicuss them outside of lamenting that we dont discuss them. i believe others feel the same, but i watch halo for the personalities vs the game, so sitting down for a weekend of gameplay that i dont enjoy on its own is not enjoyable (not that my weekends are my own, and screw britain forever for peppa pig lol.)

i want to talk about this weekend. i want the brackets to discuss match breakdowns. i really am pumped for columbus. i wish puckett could be there. and i would love to say that ex-optic takes it but i think this situation might have been too much of a distraction. splyce 1/ex-optic 2, rec 3

• Upvote (+1) 1

Also late to the twitch donation chat but I once donated to @@SnakeBite (snakebite if that doesn’t appear...) to pay for postage on a jersey! Otherwise I generally sub to smaller streamers to hopefully support them

Starting some discussion here, lets talk about this weekend and the 9 teams people see qualifying for the final worlds spots. 

Gonna need brackets or pools first but I can give my power rankings...

Infused 10th

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm way less hyped for regionals than I was Orlando. It was the first MLG event back, people were streaming, team changes and 2ks were happening.

It feels like there has been a lull in Halo lately despite mexico and ANZ. Dunno man. Miss the drama. Miss the streams.

• Upvote (+1) 1