CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

AUS, EU, LATam, etc. the timezones dont always matchup very well, was my main point there. Not just for Australia specifically, that was just my example (which was a bad one, apparently) - but I think a point still stands that Halo is clearly a NA dominated audience in Esports, and most of the NA community is disconnected from other regions.

The relevant gaming regions for Latin America literally sits in the same time zone as 80% of the USA. EU is generally tolerable times too.

Yes, your point stands that Halo is NA-dominated and they're disconnected from other regions socially, but just come out and say the reason is not timezones (343 have been quite accommodating there) but you guys simply don't care or want a global brand of Halo. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really don't know to be honest. At this point in my career I like the idea to maybe create a name for ourselves and see where we can take it, orgs can be difficult to work with from my experience. But at the same time obviously financially it probably doesn't help us and viewership wise idk if it helps us to play under our own name as well. It just gets to a point where you want to work for yourself. I'm sure everyone can relate to that

i definitely feel you on that. thankfully you guys have a great fanbase that will follow and support you no matter the name. i hope yall can find something that works the best. i hate that this happened in the middle of your world's prep. best of luck though, i look forward to seeing where you go!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lol I would've killed for one day bans back in te day smh mine were a month. And nice reply @@Infinity I'm glad you feel I should've been banned. Sick man

ALSO THAT MAKES ME FAMOUS ON TEITTER LETS GO BOIZZZZZ

You heeded our formal warning, and that's all we can ask for as moderators.

Best behavior b o y z

(Also, for clarification, bans stack on Beyond. We've never actually issued you a 1-month ban, but your previous suspensions make any current one last longer)

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

For viewership purposes, I'd like them to sign with 100T.

Really, none of us should be hoping for them to go as a classic Halo name. Sure it'd be fun for us, but would do less for the scene than a big org would.

• Upvote (+1) 5

For viewership purposes, I'd like them to sign with 100T.

Really, none of us should be hoping for them to go as a classic Halo name. Sure it'd be fun for us, but would do less for the scene than a big org would.

Eh I honestly think them going as Final Boss would generate more hype/buzz than under any org except maybe 100T. Would be cool if they started their own org too though. They definitely have the name recognition to do it.

@@CyReN @@Saucey @@Craneteam Tagging you guys this way since I'm on my phone and this will be easier.

I get making the joke was supposed to be for fun, but when there was only like three people arguing the side of less "off topic" conversation in this thread, the idea that all three of us may be busy isn't too far of a stretch. I had to deal with a flooding issue on Saturday, and then I was the Microsoft store for the FFA on Sunday. Moses worked. Not sure about the other one or two people. But when we choose to come to this forum to read up on what we missed, and the most relevant post we see is someone making a joke about us not being present, it feels like a cheap shot even though I'm sure that's not the intention. It's easier to laugh at a joke from the winning side right?

Anyway, I'm fine with letting it drop. I know Cyren always makes it a point that DMs are available if there's an issue, and I'm sure you're fine with DMs as well Saucey if I feel there's a problem.

I'll say one last thing (I don't want this whole post to be a downer), and I believe I've said it before but your "good luck" posts are appreciated Cyren. Like with Che you tweeted wishing him the best of luck when he left 343 despite your differences. Your post about Moses always being welcome back and wishing him luck is a good look, and I do appreciate seeing that.

my point was always that people will talk about whatever they are interested in. if you want more on topic discussion, start it. outside of @@Moses_FPS, most people complaining about posts never contributed to any discussion except to decry ninja posts. plus over the past 3 weeks, we have talked about orlando, london, and optic roster drama. i was always under the opinion that most of the frustration was towards ninja being a focal point of discussions vs just having off topic posts. plus discussing interests outside of halo make it feel more like a community vs just a bulletin board for news and scores

to me its hard to start investing in a new region with new personalities when it is centered around a game i generally dont enjoy. its more fun for me to watch players i know compete. i know i suck for not being a bigger supporter for anz and latam halo,. that comes down to disinterest in h5 and the fact that i generally have no free time to invest between my kids and other responsibilities.

i dont know why this has become such a hot issue that has caused so many arguments the last couple of weeks. i miss when this place was full of @@mediabrute and @@ssbChad and the rest of the meme team trying to out do each other and we were all desperate to see halo back on top. i don't know why we've started going at each other now that competitive halo is in a decent place and we have mlg and gfinity running events

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm a big time Ex CLG fan, but honestly if Ogre2 doesn't have anything to do with them they shouldn't use FB.  If anything they should use BtH.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I would like to see ex OG try and build their own brand now. I dont think getting an org at this stage in Halo 5's life-cycle would do much for viewership anyways. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

"We let off topic discussion foster at times like these because there really isn't anything going on right now in Halo."

*Topic shifts to Admin/Staff behavior*

"Please refrain from this off topic discussion."

:thinking:

See you all in a day.

With any discussion, we let it run it's course until it starts to take pages over pages that go nowhere. We did with Ninja, and many many other subjects in the past - this is nothing new within these kind of threads.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

my point was always that people will talk about whatever they are interested in. if you want more on topic discussion, start it. outside of @@Moses_FPS, most people complaining about posts never contributed to any discussion except to decry ninja posts. plus over the past 3 weeks, we have talked about orlando, london, and optic roster drama. i was always under the opinion that most of the frustration was towards ninja being a focal point of discussions vs just having off topic posts. plus discussing interests outside of halo make it feel more like a community vs just a bulletin board for news and scores

to me its hard to start investing in a new region with new personalities when it is centered around a game i generally dont enjoy. its more fun for me to watch players i know compete. i know i suck for not being a bigger supporter for anz and latam halo,. that comes down to disinterest in h5 and the fact that i generally have no free time to invest between my kids and other responsibilities.

i dont know why this has become such a hot issue that has caused so many arguments the last couple of weeks. i miss when this place was full of @@mediabrute and @@ssbChad and the rest of the meme team trying to out do each other and we were all desperate to see halo back on top. i don't know why we've started going at each other now that competitive halo is in a decent place and we have mlg and gfinity running events

With this thread/conversation, everyone seems to be overlooking the main glaring issue.

People have fun watching and playing Fortnite. They don't having fun playing Halo 5. It is that simple. The game is outdated, stale, and not nearly as fun as other game offerings currently, or previous Halo titles for that matter. This leaves us in an awkward state where we desperately want to support and follow Halo esports, but we don't actually have any interest in the game itself.

Regardless of how much we live and breath Halo, it won't mean anything for the esports circuit/program if the community isn't living and breathing Halo 5. You need an active player base to have an active esports following. The game must always come first.

Memes and good spirits won't come naturally if we don't intrinsically enjoy what we are talking about. Be the change you want to see in the forums.

(and use the damn Report button!)

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really don't even understand the on/off topic discussion. People are going to talk about what they're actually interested in and if someone wants to get butt hurt that nobody is talking about what they care about honestly who even cares? Its ridiculous lol

• Upvote (+1) 3

Memes and good spirits won't come naturally if we don't intrinsically enjoy what we are talking about. Be the change you want to see in the forums.

and the biggest issue is that this mess started with a pretty unprovoked attack. its funny for how often the mods get accused of playing favorites, you dont and showed it.

when in doubt

dont-press-send.jpg?w=477

• Upvote (+1) 6

Using the report button makes be feel like a whiny baby man

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pretty much. 

Heated because Ninja and Drake took over the internet and NA Halo hasnt had any movement in a minute.

Not only that, besides some random tournaments at MS stores, some qualifiers from other countries where no one knows the players, we have literally nothing. 

343i hasn't announced anything related to H6, we don't even know the YEAR its coming out, and H5 released almost 3 years ago. People get bored between N/A and EU tournaments, it happens, we didn't even have a crazy rostermania, and on top of all that we have the lowest in game numbers of concurrent players ever (most likely) for a halo game. I was playing HWC playlist at low diamond, matched nV 3 times....

Drake and Ninja was ground breaking for gaming in general, and every message bpard was popping off about it, ridiculous to assume we wouldnt

• Upvote (+1) 1

"We let off topic discussion foster at times like these because there really isn't anything going on right now in Halo."

*Topic shifts to Admin/Staff behavior*

"Please refrain from this off topic discussion."

:thinking:

See you all in a day.

Typical Little Finger, always trying to sew deceit 

• Upvote (+1) 2