CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Also, it's really unfair and unbecoming of you to "argue" with someone who cannot respond on here.

He's free to DM or post tomorrow if wanted, we are always open to discuss issues.

Maybe you missed the post in question, but to me it was pretty clear he was talking about Cyren's comment making fun of people who argued for this thread to be on topic and not posting during the Mexico tournament.

Yea, that was more of a tongue-in-cheek comment. Didn't think it caused any drama to be honest (could be wrong though).

He's probably talking about the backhanded comments you guys have made over the last few days about people who wanted on topic discussion. Also, it's really unfair and unbecoming of you to "argue" with someone who cannot respond on here.

*years

• Upvote (+1) 4

He's probably talking about the backhanded comments you guys have made over the last few days about people who wanted on topic discussion. Also, it's really unfair and unbecoming of you to "argue" with someone who cannot respond on here.

Light hearted comments that were not even directed at him.

Also, I linked quoted posts from March 15th (5 days ago), and he did respond to all of them at the time.

Not sure where you were going with that one.

Lol I would've killed for one day bans back in te day smh mine were a month. And nice reply @@Infinity I'm glad you feel I should've been banned. Sick man

ALSO THAT MAKES ME FAMOUS ON TEITTER LETS GO BOIZZZZZ

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This is all your fault @@SnakeBite :kappa:

I blame H5 being a stale game. 

Love the passion from Moses and honestly all the guys at TB for Halo - even the bitter bastards who only like Halo CE. The internet world still surprises me when stuff like this goes down, or the Multilock thing... I'd just ramble if I continue talking like this.

Anyways, so I got in the car for work today and turned on the radio to DFW's local sports station (the ticket) and they have the owners of Complexity gaming on talking about E-Sports. Really awesome stuff and I had no idea but apparently Complexity has a deal with the Dallas Cowboys and uses their training facility's and stuff.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Maybe you missed the post in question, but to me it was pretty clear he was talking about Cyren's comment making fun of people who argued for this thread to be on topic and not posting during the Mexico tournament.

I mean, that is kind of funny.

It's okay to have fun sometimes, and with the state of our scene/game sometimes, I welcome the banter.

• Upvote (+1) 1

that comment seemed  to be targeted at everyone who was mad that an important event was being ignored and that outlier tourneys are not discussed but didnt bother to discuss it. i thought it was some light ribbing; im not sure why things have become so heated the past couple of weeks

that comment seemed  to be targeted at everyone who was mad that an important event was being ignored and that outlier tourneys are not discussed but didnt bother to discuss it. i thought it was some light ribbing; im not sure why things have become so heated the past couple of weeks

Pretty much. 

Heated because Ninja and Drake took over the internet and NA Halo hasnt had any movement in a minute.

Look - I know it is worlds season, but lets face facts, some of the aspects of the worlds schedule just isnt that appealing to a NA dominant audience. (Staying up until 4am to watch an AU event for example). It is okay to mix in the discussion with other things in the meantime. When we have a major NA online qualifier LAN, etc, nobody in this thread is talking about rent, ninja, or their love of comcast.

The Australian event was starting at 7pm EST which is local AEST 10am. The final matches of each day were finishing early like 4ish. That's quite fair viewing time for USA events, much better than what Oceania has to stay up late (or wake up early) for to watch NA events.

That's actually a bs excuse to not watch actually. Going west, the viewing times get a lot better too.

Light hearted comments that were not even directed at him.

Also, I linked quoted posts from March 15th (5 days ago), and he did respond to all of them at the time.

Not sure where you were going with that one.

The post you just made is the one I am referring to - you are starting an argument publicly when he can't respond on the same platform. I just think it's inappropriate for an administrator.

"Light hearted comments" - clearly a gray area, you are well acquainted with this issue given that you help moderate a forum. What some see as light hearted, others may just as easily see as snarky and backhanded. I saw it as a little of both so it is easy to imagine how one might sway either way. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

So what’s the spot in Columbus? Is there a Main Street with a bunch of bars? Or is World of Beer the only solid drinking establishment?

So hyped for the NA Regionals Finals in Columbus this weekend! Good luck to everyone participating and good luck to the Halo Broadcast Fam!

big fan

• Upvote (+1) 6

The Australian event was starting at 7pm EST which is local AEST 10am. The final matches of each day were finishing early like 4ish. That's quite fair viewing time for USA events, much better than what Oceania has to stay up late (or wake up early) for to watch NA events.

That's actually a bs excuse to not watch actually. Going west, the viewing times get a lot better too.

AUS, EU, LATam, etc. the timezones dont always matchup very well, was my main point there. Not just for Australia specifically, that was just my example (which was a bad one, apparently) - but I think a point still stands that Halo is clearly a NA dominated audience in Esports, and most of the NA community is disconnected from other regions.

The post you just made is the one I am referring to - you are starting an argument publicly when he can't respond on the same platform. I just think it's inappropriate for an administrator.

"Light hearted comments" - clearly a gray area, you are well acquainted with this issue given that you help moderate a forum. What some see as light hearted, others may just as easily see as snarky and backhanded. I saw it as a little of both so it is easy to imagine how one might sway either way.

Going back and finding posts from a week ago isnt starting an argument - I am not asking him for a response. He took it to social, referring to 'admin' posts on this forum, so as an admin on this forum, I pulled up said posts. Literally as cut and dry as it could possibly ever be.

Light hearted comments, such as "please stop stifling my memes", etc. is pretty much common sense that I am not personally attacking anyone. Cyren pointing out that the people complaining about off topic discussion, then proceed to vanish during an actual Halo event, is actually hilarious. Like an uh.. practice what you preach fellas, type of thing.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I really don't know to be honest. At this point in my career I like the idea to maybe create a name for ourselves and see where we can take it, orgs can be difficult to work with from my experience. But at the same time obviously financially it probably doesn't help us and viewership wise idk if it helps us to play under our own name as well. It just gets to a point where you want to work for yourself. I'm sure everyone can relate to that

Get that Beyond sponsorship! I'm sure the Beyond admins would pay for your travel alone, take no cut of tournament winnings, to simply have you promote the site and wear some hoodies on camera. @@Saucey @@CyReN

• Upvote (+1) 2

Going back and finding posts from a week ago isnt starting an argument - I am not asking him for a response. He took it to social, referring to 'admin' posts on this forum, so as an admin on this forum, I pulled up said posts. Literally as cut and dry as it could possibly ever be.

Light hearted comments, such as "please stop stifling my memes", etc. is pretty much common sense that I am not personally attacking anyone. Cyren pointing out that the people complaining about off topic discussion, then proceed to vanish during an actual Halo event, is actually hilarious. Like an uh.. practice what you preach fellas, type of thing.

You didn't need to find posts from a week ago because he wasn't referring to those posts, he was referring to the backhanded comments which many posters noticed you guys making. For you to go back and pull those posts is to imply that those are the only ones you made, which is very dishonest, and as I said, very unfair when Moses can't clarify the posts he meant like I am right now.

It is not common sense - try not to throw that term around so loosely. It isn't common sense if 6 people +repped my post (if that means agreement, lol) saying that there were backhanded comments. Am I just an idiot? Is Moses an idiot? How about those people who agree? Do we all lack common sense? No, because this isn't a matter of common sense. We are on the internet and we do not get to hear the tone in which others are speaking and therefore there will be disagreements in what the intentions were behind certain posts. I, for one, thought the fact that you used the word "stifling" (which was taken directly from Moses or Ahawowow, I forget) was particularly biting because it made it directed at whichever poster used it.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Get that Beyond sponsorship! I'm sure the Beyond admins would pay for your travel alone, take no cut of tournament winnings, to simply have you promote the site and wear some hoodies on camera. @@Saucey @@CyReN

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 9

I really don't know to be honest. At this point in my career I like the idea to maybe create a name for ourselves and see where we can take it, orgs can be difficult to work with from my experience. But at the same time obviously financially it probably doesn't help us and viewership wise idk if it helps us to play under our own name as well. It just gets to a point where you want to work for yourself. I'm sure everyone can relate to that

Heard you guys were in the market for some new jerseys

https://twitter.com/mikefacekillah/status/888382446605135872

• Upvote (+1) 8

Since this topic is never ending, if you guys want to discuss forum rules and whatnot - feel free to PM an admin and we can discuss it further. After this post, future posts about it will be removed on the subject. Thanks!

--------

BtH Top 1.