CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Sure, bring in battle royale hero mmo whatever shooter, I will be super happy about it...if I'll get it in one package with classic halo arena mode.

They could literally include a turd if it came with a well made classic halo arena mode.
  • Upvote (+1) 6

Its a shame that 99% of his audience has never watched cnbc before in their lives.

the video is posted everywhere on the internet ... lol

amazing interview for sure

• Upvote (+1) 1

I fully expect 343 to launch a battle royale mode for halo in the next 18 months, but I also think it's more likely it'll be a standalone title, possibly the primary multiplayer mode of an ODST-like spinoff.

If as much of H5's campaign got rewritten as it seems, based on their ad campaign, they probably have enough concept art/storyboarding to quickly throw together a short 4-6 hour roaming campaign. Given they have a good engine and a studio that had just finished their last scheduled DLC on standby for art, it would probably only take about a year to ready a title for release to try to ride the BR hype train.

It would make sense given what little we've heard from 343 that we get a small spinoff this year. Not to mention I'm certain Microsoft isn't going to let the gigantic trend that is BR games get by them without them getting their share of the pot. 

So. Halo ODST 2: Battle of Sunaion + BR. Available September 25th 2018 for $60 with Halo 6 beta access. Pay an extra $20 and you get the second BR map launching in February of 2019.

That's my guess anyway.

This is so believable it's disgusting 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Really happy with this interview. I've seen a lot of traditional news outlets trying to put the explosion of gaming in a negative light but this is a really good.

This is big for the industry as a whole. Drives the competition, enlightens people not yet familiar with the market. CNBC did a lot better than when Good Morning America picked up the Ninja/Drake story. To GMA, video games are just for kids and they were perplexed how money is even made from streaming. The usual ignorance and stigma. I think it's a generational thing, but interviews like this and cross-genre streams like the other day are helping speed the process along. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I welcome a Halo Battle Royale game for 2018. I need Halo this year and it's looking clear that they won't have Halo 6 ready for this Fall. I wonder if that was a conscious choice or a failure on 343's part. 3 years has always been the release schedule for main Halo games, but we are talking about the developer who released MCC as well as the first ever game in which aiming is connected to latency, so who knows, they might have just found themselves really behind schedule on Halo 6. I don't see why they would want to switch up the release schedule on purpose.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well Bonnie Ross said split screen and LAN are re-enabled.

343 "says" a lot of things. More often then any of us would like, they end up being pretty empty.

Ex:

"MCC will include Halo 2's original multiplayer, exactly as it launched ten years ago."

"Smart-link has no effect on a weapon's accuracy."

"The pros voted in favor of keeping Breakout in the HCS."

"Flag skins are coming to Halo 5 for the 2018 HWC season."

Just 4 of many...

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

343 "says" a lot of things. More often then any of us would like, they end up being pretty empty.

Ex:

"MCC will include Halo 2's original multiplayer, exactly as it launched ten years ago."

"Smart-link has no effect on a weapon's accuracy."

"The pros voted in favor of keeping Breakout in the HCS."

"Flag skins are coming to Halo 5 for the 2018 HWC season."

Just 4 of many...

Yes, can't really trust 343's word. 

Really annoyed that Renegades has seemed to slow down their already-lacking scrim schedule in the last week. Hopefully they get a lot of practice in during these next few days before everyone starts traveling.

• Upvote (+1) 4

This is so believable it's disgusting 

Trust me, I too wish I could go back to when I was 18 and thought that the impending launch of H5 was everything that could be asked for from a Halo game. 

Surprisingly I think the biggest turning point for me was 343 and Creative assembly charging for HW2 DLC on launch, then promptly asking for more money for a skimpy story DLC that will either be retconned come H6 or will be the basis for H6, leading to more confusion than H5 because no one has played ATN. All of this after 343 took such a firm stance on why dlc was bad in H5.

TBH the development of Halo games is not the biggest issue as a whole right now. It's the managment of the franchise as a whole thats driving the IP into the ground.

• Upvote (+1) 1

gaming trend #1: go back to franchise roots

gaming trend #2: battle royale

I actually want both, and will receive neither.

Halo is one of the most rich sandbox shooters out there with the most iconic player duels and combat loops; its destined for Battle Royale, honestly.

If you asked me whether a MOBA-BTB hybrid (Warzone) or Battle Royale is more suitable for Halo, I'd definitely go with Battle Royale.

I feel like iconic duels and combat loop are exactly why BR and Halo don’t mix. How often will people duel when death is final? There will be a lot more camping and cherry picking than dueling.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I feel like iconic duels and combat loop are exactly why BR and Halo don’t mix. How often will people duel when death is final? There will be a lot more camping and cherry picking than dueling.

Not if the Flood storm is moving inward and there is no radar.  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 9

Not really sure we should be wanting them following trends as they're usually kind of late. If I were being pessimistic the trend I'd see for H6 would be more like a hero shooter because of OW and that isn't a good thing lol. I wouldn't mind a BR spin off but what I really want is just a classic experience for Halo 6.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not really sure we should be wanting them following trends as they're usually kind of late. If I were being pessimistic the trend I'd see for H6 would be more like a hero shooter because of OW and that isn't a good thing lol. I wouldn't mind a BR spin off but what I really want is just a classic experience for Halo 6.

Very good point. Halo 7 will be Battle Royale.

Eventually at some point a twitch streamer is going to tell the truth about why people are donating money to millionaires so they can play video games.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Eventually at some point a twitch streamer is going to tell the truth about why people are donating money to millionaires so they can play video games.

Is this a conspiracy theory because... I'm ready.

Eating-Popcorn-GIF-Image-for-Whatsapp-an

• Upvote (+1) 1

Apparently having your name read out and your question answered is more important than retaining your money. I'm not judging; it's not like it hurts anyone.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I’ve been here way too long to not know how to make this work....

Paste the link address in, but it has to be the desktop URL (twitter.com not mobile.twitter.com). 

I fixed it for you, if you press edit on your post you can see how it's pasted in there.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Has anybody had any issues with twitch chat not being synced with the stream? Seems to do it on desktop and the mobile app for me.  This is regarding any streams btw.