CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Congrats to Psychotic Gaming on their victory!

and glad to see all those posters that championed to make this thread 100% on-topic showed up this weekend in force4BxA1DN.png

What a suttle, nice touch with the Adore emote. You actually had me double take.

I said it a while back, I woudnt mind a Halo BR mode. I think it could be interesting as long as its done correctly.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I truly hope 343 doesn't continue chasing trends and put in a BR mode for Halo. It seems like all they do is chase old trends. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sure, bring in battle royale hero mmo whatever shooter, I will be super happy about it...if I'll get it in one package with classic halo arena mode.

• Upvote (+1) 3

gaming trend #1: go back to franchise roots

gaming trend #2: battle royale

I actually want both, and will receive neither.

Halo is one of the most rich sandbox shooters out there with the most iconic player duels and combat loops; its destined for Battle Royale, honestly.

If you asked me whether a MOBA-BTB hybrid (Warzone) or Battle Royale is more suitable for Halo, I'd definitely go with Battle Royale.

I am just not feeling very comfortable with H6 for now. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Well Bonnie Ross said split screen and LAN are re-enabled. In order for me to be 'comfortable' they need to re-enable the gametypes and re-enable P2P servers on top of dedicated. 

To make me happy I'd like to see what everyone else does but I won't go there.. baby steps.  :D

• Upvote (+1) 1

gaming trend #2: battle royale

I actually want both, and will receive neither.

Halo is one of the most rich sandbox shooters out there with the most iconic player duels and combat loops; its destined for Battle Royale, honestly.

Can't say I hate the idea of 100 ODST drop pods hitting a map in a BR style game mode  :thinking:

Off topic video in spoiler: Ninja kills it in the actual interview. Hope he does a Clueless Gamer with Conan someday.

• Upvote (+1) 9

you got to think of it this way too: there are probably a lot of gamers in the target markey of h6 that started with reach or 4. 343 will want to cater to those people as well to retain the current playerbase vs trying to reach out to those of us who want that more classic feel. hopefully im wrong but part of me feels like the push to (finally) fix mcc is to appease the classic fans while h6 continues the trends of h4 and h5

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why do you guys think Contra has such bad teams when he is individually so strong? His ability to win a 1v1 is matched only by players on top 4 teams yet he hasn't come close in so long. Does he just not perform on LAN like he does online or is it something else about the way he plays?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why do you guys think Contra has such bad teams when he is individually so strong? His ability to win a 1v1 is matched only by players on top 4 teams yet he hasn't come close in so long. Does he just not perform on LAN like he does online or is it something else about the way he plays?

As a fan of the player and the person... I would say it isn't anything about the way he plays. Matched with the right players he can place top 2.  However I see him very much like Naded in teh regards of mentality and attitude. I love the guy but changes have to be made before he becomes a champion.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Contra is an amazing individual player, and arguably had the best shot in 2016, but his problem is that he doesn't work well with his teammates. This is the same guy that kicked Huke from Denial because he thought that his comms were poor.

Am I doing this right? 

Its a shame that 99% of his audience has never watched cnbc before in their lives.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Well Bonnie Ross said split screen and LAN are re-enabled. In order for me to be 'comfortable' they need to re-enable the gametypes and re-enable P2P servers on top of dedicated. 

To make me happy I'd like to see what everyone else does but I won't go there.. baby steps.  :D

Bonnie always says a lot - but I don't trust them until we're actually holding and playing H6. 

you got to think of it this way too: there are probably a lot of gamers in the target markey of h6 that started with reach or 4. 343 will want to cater to those people as well to retain the current playerbase vs trying to reach out to those of us who want that more classic feel. hopefully im wrong but part of me feels like the push to (finally) fix mcc is to appease the classic fans while h6 continues the trends of h4 and h5

I hope so but there is A LOT of stuff they have to do and get right. 

Its a shame that 99% of his audience has never watched cnbc before in their lives.

Its not a shame that 99% of CNBC audience has never watched a stream before in their lives.

• Upvote (+1) 1