CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Also since people are posting top 10 list of all-time, I cannot say having success post Halo 3 isn't as impressive when putting a list together. The game(s) weren't as popular, and the competition wasn't the same. You had 250+ teams at a lot of events in 08.Also, I've seen people about being baffled why Snipedown is ranked so high, look his skill level is one of the greatest to ever play the game. He's like Kobe Bryant, and people have other players ranked higher cause of team success and $$$ i.e. like a Tim Duncan. That doesn't work for me, yeah some of these players are great but I look at the list as the top ten players of all-time, if you had to start a team your gonna pick Snipedown/Ola over a Tim Duncan type, not that a Tim D. is trash because they're not it's just their not gotta beat a Snipedown type in a 1v1.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Eh, yes and no.  I'm sure in terms of micro-transactions and being "forced" to make DLC (or cut out parts of the game for DLC) then that's probably on the publisher.  In terms of mechanics and other parts that get put into the game, that's greatly on the developer, notwithstanding the publisher overstepping their bounds. 

I think we might be thinking of different developers, when you say it do you mean 343 or actual people doing the coding?

I think we might be thinking of different developers, when you say it do you mean 343 or actual people doing the coding?

I think of 343 as the devs.  MSFT in this case is the publisher.  Like IW or SHG are devs, while ATVI is the publisher. 

Also since people are posting top 10 list of all-time, I cannot say having success post Halo 3 isn't as impressive when putting a list together. The game(s) weren't as popular, and the competition wasn't the same. You had 250+ teams at a lot of events in 08.Also, I've seen people about being baffled why Snipedown is ranked so high, look his skill level is one of the greatest to ever play the game. He's like Kobe Bryant, and people have other players ranked higher cause of team success and $$$ i.e. like a Tim Duncan. That doesn't work for me, yeah some of these players are great but I look at the list as the top ten players of all-time, if you had to start a team your gonna pick Snipedown/Ola over a Tim Duncan type, not that a Tim D. is trash because they're not it's just their not gotta beat a Snipedown type in a 1v1.

stop it. Duncan was better than kobe in his prime, and created the culture that allowed the success. Duncan always led the gm poll for "if you were starting a franchise"

And h5 > reach

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think of 343 as the devs.  MSFT in this case is the publisher.  Like IW or SHG are devs, while ATVI is the publisher. 

Okay, Im a developer and when I see the word developer I think of a software engineer. Confusion averted.

if we discount certain games for xyz reasons than guess what? only h2/ce goats matter. Therefore snip3down and ola are overrated according to your own rhethoric. All time lists just don't work here; it always comes down to whether you weigh longevity more or peak competitive prowess.

stop it. Duncan was better than kobe in his prime, and created the culture that allowed the success. Duncan always led the gm poll for "if you were starting a franchise"

And h5 > reach

He didn't create no culture, he was apart of it. and almost left to Orlando after his rookie contract even with a ring. Greg P. is disappointed in your hot take. You have to start a team you pick a kobe type over a tim d. player because that's fills more holes in your team than the superstar objective player, imo. The correlation doesn't exactly transfer over to halo but its close enough

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 6

if we discount certain games for xyz reasons than guess what? only h2/ce goats matter. Therefore snip3down and ola are overrated according to your own rhethoric. All time lists just don't work here; it always comes down to whether you weigh longevity more or peak competitive prowess.

So let's discredit the game that had the most competition, alrighty pal.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 7

NV release Pistola, buy out Eco and Stellur

and Tibby

Liquid disband, Symbolic retires

EG - Spartan, SubZero, Lunchbox, Pistola

Pls

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

And h5 > reach

Kobe and Duncan are completely different players, so I have trouble comparing them. Kobe could score from anywhere on the court with anyone guarding him. He's your main slayer, your Royal 2. Timmy was an elite rebounder, defender, and did everything. He's more like Snakebite. I have difficulty putting either one above the other.

• Upvote (+1) 5

He didn't create no culture, he was apart of it. and almost left to Orlando after his rookie contract even with a ring. Greg P. is disappointed in your hot take. You have to start a team you pick a kobe type over a tim d. player because that's fills more holes in your team than the superstar objective player, imo. The correlation doesn't exactly transfer over to halo but its close enough

Popovich was a nobody before Duncan arrived. Even after they won in 99, he wasnt conaidered a top coach. If duncan didnt havw the temperament he did, Pop would have been fired like other superstars have done. Pop himself said Duncan was thw reason for this.

And youre objectively wrong about kobe vs duncan. Duncan did far more for a team than kobe. He was an elite rim protector, and anchored one of the best defense in the league for years. He won more rings as the man than kobe. More fmvps, more MVPs. No gm survey had kobe over duncan to start a franchise during his prime.

He won rings in the slowest offense, and the quickest. He won in a post up heavy offense, and in a pick and roll 3pt offense. He was always more valuable and efficient than kobe, not including just being a better teammate

• Upvote (+1) 4

Popovich was a nobody before Duncan arrived. Even after they won in 99, he wasnt conaidered a top coach. If duncan didnt havw the temperament he did, Pop would have been fired like other superstars have done. Pop himself said Duncan was thw reason for this.

And youre objectively wrong about kobe vs duncan. Duncan did far more for a team than kobe. He was an elite rim protector, and anchored one of the best defense in the league for years. He won more rings as the man than kobe. More fmvps, more MVPs. No gm survey had kobe over duncan to start a franchise during his prime.

He won rings in the slowest offense, and the quickest. He won in a post up heavy offense, and in a pick and roll 3pt offense. He was always more valuable and efficient than kobe, not including just being a better teammate

I feel like this really just comes down to who the people they're working with are. I definitely think Duncan could have worked with a far wider range of players and personality types and still been successful in the end though

So let's discredit the game that had the most competition, alrighty pal.

Quantity and quality are two different things. You're confusing the number of teams attending with a high skill ceiling. Objectively speaking, ZBNS HR/ H2 > H3

Of course it was never my argument to discredit any game, but if you wanna inflate the merit of h3 because hurr durr more team passes sold than two can play that game. I Actually agree that snip3down is an all time great but so are people who came after him from hr onwards.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Quantity and quality are two different things. You're confusing the number of teams attending with a high skill ceiling. Objectively speaking, ZBNS HR/ H2 > H3

Of course it was never my argument to discredit any game, but if you wanna inflate the merit of h3 because hurr durr more team passes sold than two can play that game. I Actually agree that snip3down is an all time great but so are people who came after him from hr onwards.

I don't think he means quantity at all but I could be wrong. Top Halo players have always been getting better at teamwork instead of resetting between games except for perhaps H4 where not many took it hyper seriously. Nowhere was the jump as insane as from H2 to H3. So many people got so much better/smarter in that time frame. Competition was probably the closest then because we had a population to really fuel the top end with players even though the very top end players now are likely better. At least that's how I've always seen it

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't think he means quantity at all but I could be wrong. Top Halo players have always been getting better at teamwork instead of resetting between games except for perhaps H4 where not many took it hyper seriously. Nowhere was the jump as insane as from H2 to H3. So many people got so much better/smarter in that time frame. Competition was probably the closest then because we had a population to really fuel the top end with players even though the very top end players now are likely better. At least that's how I've always seen it

Even if he does mean quality, his argument is still flawed. The ceiling between H2 and H3 was lower, as the latter game was dominated by team shot as opposed to individual play. A higher population is effectively negated by the lower ceiling, so while the number of competitive teams rose, the players at the top were effectively nerfed (some of which to the point of falling off entirely ie most of carbon).

All i'm saying is that if you're going to weigh any game over the rest it, skill ceiling is the only factor that matters and the edge goes to h2 4v4's, ZBNS HR 4v4's or HCE 2v2's. otherwise, separate the goats by game as they can't be compared fairly.

Ce/2/3 are what matter the most

• Upvote (+1) 3

And h5 > reach

Just saying

Kobe only got most of his rings because of Shaq. The others he got mostly from injury to the Celts 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

If we're doing basketball analogies, Scaryotic is Lavar Ball. 

Kobe only got most of his rings because of Shaq

Hate this argument. No player has single-handedly carried his team to a championship without help. Every team that has won a championship for the past ~30 years has had multiple hall of famers. 

Edit: Also what injuries did the Celtics have in 2010? I honestly don't remember