CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

What an interesting perspective. To me talent doesn't mean you don't work hard or invest time into refining your craft. For me talent is the result of that time commitment and a validation of your hard work. I genuinely find it interesting that you see it as an insult.

To me, talent is natural aptitude and skill is what you develop through practice and studying.

I am not saying the word itself is an insult, but Shotzzy's stand out ability is his movement...and the majority of that comes from a shit ton of practice and actually studying the maps.

He has a ton of talent, but he developed that into unparalleled skill.

• Upvote (+1) 2

To me, talent is natural aptitude and skill is what you develop through practice and studying.

I am not saying the word itself is an insult, but Shotzzy's stand out ability is his movement...and the majority of that comes from a shit ton of practice and actually studying the maps.

seems like semantics to me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

One thing i will say for many of these teams is that they do play very fast. Their coordination needs quite a bit of work still and there is quite a bit of MM style play (chasing kills unnecessarily etc). I think they will struggle at worlds against most teams but if they could get regular practice against good teams they could do well.

Do LATAM players typically play on NA servers? It seems like they could reasonably easily play NA teams in terms of latency, time zones if NA teams would be willing to scrim them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Overdrive with Veto in year one I believe. CLG beat their ass so hard that Vetoed apologized on Twitter and hasn't played in a LAN again lol 

CLG was slapping everyone but Denial at the time lol

Overdrive with Veto in year one I believe. CLG beat their ass so hard that Vetoed apologized on Twitter and hasn't played in a LAN again lol 

KingNick wasn't on the roster that attended regionals in Columbus, but he was on the team in several of the online qualifiers.

Overdrive at Columbus was Vetoed, Kephrii, Monster and Levy. With coach yours truly.

Can confirm CLG stomped lol. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I've been at this FFA for over three hours and so far I've played two, three man FFAs.

Ask me anything.

These events so far have been great. I'm wondering if doing a giant multi-store event was biting off a little more than they could chew so soon.

MS/343 should really invest more in the LATAM market. Seems like there is a good amount of interest in Halo there.

Agreed. Also the interest is from more than mexico but the tourneys are only in mexico, which make it too hard from guys from other countries to attend
  • Upvote (+1) 5

KingNick wasn't on the roster that attended regionals in Columbus, but he was on the team in several of the online qualifiers.

Overdrive at Columbus was Vetoed, Kephrii, Monster and Levy. With coach yours truly.

Can confirm CLG stomped lol.

King Nick was on OverDrive when they upset TL in one of the open qualifiers but went to Regionals with Gabriel, Hoaxer, and sum1 else on Astral Authority.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

That's fair. I appreciate your insight, sir.

Throwback - remember when Contra dropped Huke after Hwc 2016 and Bubu went after him ? The rest is history. Great move haha !

• Upvote (+1) 4

1st round got reset twice due to wrong setting and was a 4 person match. Looking up microsoftstore halo on twitter lots of complaints going around.

So bullet thats in this final is not the same bullet that was on save the world??

So bullet thats in this final is not the same bullet that was on save the world??

so apparently nugget is that bullet and the player named bullet is a new bullet  :walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 5

so apparently nugget is that bullet and the player named bullet is a new bullet  :walshy:

8aIXSEd.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

Shotzzy put in a lot of time and effort to be able to do what sets him apart from other players. Calling it talent is a little bit of an insult that undermines that time commitment.

Are you really aware of exactly how much Shotzzy plays or more specifically how much time he spent developing his movement ability? There are plenty of other players who grind hard as shit too but they can't do what he does. Have you been told about his practice regimen/the amount of time he spends practicing movement by other pros perhaps?

Otherwise, I'm going with my original theory that he's some sort of alien.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've been at this FFA for over three hours and so far I've played two, three man FFAs.

Ask me anything.

These events so far have been great. I'm wondering if doing a giant multi-store event was biting off a little more than they could chew so soon.

Every round break after this one was a lot better. Not sure what went wrong for the first one, but there was only small breaks inbetween each of the other rounds.

Don't see why we can't talk about Fortnite when we all know Halo 6's main game mode is going to be based off it.

• Upvote (+1) 5