CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The skill seen on Splyce is unlike anything ever before in Halo except for FB. For Optic to win means they have to have absolute perfect teamwork because as far as raw individual Halo 5 ability goes, I don't think they can cut it against an on fire Splyce. Shotzzy himself is the most talented gamer to ever play Halo professionally (I chose those words carefully, not saying he's the greatest Halo player of all time) . The things he is able to do are incredible, the only one who comes close is Frosty and even then there is still a noticeable gap in movement ability.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The skill seen on Splyce is unlike anything ever before in Halo except for FB. For Optic to win means they have to have absolute perfect teamwork because as far as raw individual Halo 5 ability goes, I don't think they can cut it against an on fire Splyce. Shotzzy himself is the most talented gamer to ever play Halo professionally (I chose those words carefully, not saying he's the greatest Halo player of all time) . The things he is able to do are incredible, the only one who comes close is Frosty and even then there is still a noticeable gap in movement ability.

Pistola back in Halo 2 and 3 mesmerized me with his play. Shotzy very much does the same thing in this game.

Splyce is incredibly scary.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Shotzzy put in a lot of time and effort to be able to do what sets him apart from other players.  Calling it talent is a little bit of an insult that undermines that time commitment.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Anyone pplay Sea of Thieves? Is it Fornite level fun solo, or do you need a squad?

I can’t really recommend solo play. It’s hard as fuck, especially if you are a new player.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone pplay Sea of Thieves? Is it Fornite level fun solo, or do you need a squad?

I played the last Sea of Thieves beta. We had a squad of 3 and i can't imagine how boring that game would be solo. If you don't have at least 1 person planning on getting it with you I would pass. 

I hate solos in Fortnite. Too much bush camping. Duos is the shit and squads can be really fun.

big day for HCS

the microsoft store division finals are today and 5 players are gonna qualify for the FFA at HWC

and then winner of the Mexico City FFA and the team that wins the 4v4 bracket also qualifies for HWC

• Upvote (+1) 5

Played every Alpha and Beta. Solo's is okay but not nearly as fun as working with a squad.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pistola back in Halo 2 and 3 mesmerized me with his play. Shotzy very much does the same thing in this game.

Splyce is incredibly scary.

agree, I watched probably 100 hours of Pistola MLG vods and Shotzzy reminds me more of Pistola than anyone else, they’re probably the two most talented players to touch the game

anyway the fact that it took the other ~30 pro players two years to put together four players that can beat OpTic just shows how dominant they were ... really reminds me of Carbon taking down FB (I vote Eco for Shockwave)

Shotzzy put in a lot of time and effort to be able to do what sets him apart from other players. Calling it talent is a little bit of an insult that undermines that time commitment.

What an interesting perspective. To me talent doesn't mean you don't work hard or invest time into refining your craft. For me talent is the result of that time commitment and a validation of your hard work. I genuinely find it interesting that you see it as an insult.

• Upvote (+1) 3

What an interesting perspective. To me talent doesn't mean you don't work hard or invest time into refining your craft. For me talent is the result of that time commitment and a validation of your hard work. I genuinely find it interesting that you see it as an insult.

It’s a word that isn’t clarified very well in our language. It means natural, starting talent, but talent can also mean the sum of your natural talent and your effort. They really should be two different words.

LATAM has always been fucking awesome for esports

My people don't hold back hahaha So much passion in everything, this comes from a people that suffers enought and put their heart on this kinda of stuff. This is why we need a bigger scene EVERYWHERE, you can't have a world championship where you know a NA team is going to win always. NA have the best players because is the only place that playing Halo is actually worth it, I have no doubt that there are Shottzys, Hukes, Bubu Dubus all around the world not being discovered because they don't have a reason to keep grinding.

• Upvote (+1) 8

any rumours of what orgs could be picking up the ex-Optic Halo team?

TMMT  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hey UHHHHH where is people attending Columbus staying at? Don't wanna be the only one at the hotel hot tub.

Recent history speaks for itself. To think of the ex OpTic roster as the current best team you're running on blind faith and its up to them to actually win again if they want that to be the natural assuption

I would argue splyce is better currently myself.

I just think it's possible that someone could responsibly argue that Optic is still close or equal to them.

SoT is absolutely one of the best games to come out in recent years. If you get it, hit me up.

Edit: And I can't stand the sounds in Halo 5, especially the weapon sounds. I miss the "meatiness" of the guns in Halo 3 and 2 (BR especially).

Halo 3 sounds like a bunch of nerf guns.

Also words can not describe how much I fucking despise everything about the H3 BR. Absolutely fucking rage inducing, garbage.

any rumours of what orgs could be picking up the ex-Optic Halo team?

I asked someone I know and she said she heard nothing about anything. So I've got zero intel.

• Upvote (+1) 1

https://mixer.com/MicrosoftStore

The Microsoft store FFA is currently on. Damn good production for only 75 viewers...

frontquasar9710 (king nick?) needs to get picked up on a team or something lol he had 37 headshots

Actually, wasn't he on that one team? Leftovers? Overdrive? With that SMITE player Khepri?

• Upvote (+1) 1

frontquasar9710 (king nick?) needs to get picked up on a team or something lol he had 37 headshots

Actually, wasn't he on that one team? Leftovers? Overdrive? With that SMITE player Khepri?

Overdrive with Veto in year one I believe. CLG beat their ass so hard that Vetoed apologized on Twitter and hasn't played in a LAN again lol 

• Upvote (+1) 5