CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I've never casted H5, but I've casted a lot of H1. I'm certainly interested.  Here's a series from the most recent tournament I casted back in January. 

snip

I can't believe the one guy complaining in the background of one of those videos. Dude sounds exactly like a random kid in MM from 2008 except hes apparently a grown man lmao

• Upvote (+1) 1

The mexico city players have a very small pool of players who know what they're doing. All running straight and standing still.......oh boy I feel bad for when whoever qualifies gets pooled with deeper skilled teams at worlds. It'll be painful

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

LATAM has always been fucking awesome for esports

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've thought about this for a long time.

Even when nV beat optic I said to people here that they were still the worse team. They were far to inconsistent, every run was a losers brackets run, even when they did beat optic it took them to game 7 every single time at the champs. And my god, the other time splyce beat optic and they played probably the most clean halo I have ever seen vs a top tier team (even snipedown called it the most clean halo he'd ever seen) that cemented it for me that optic was better.

However this team I think, for the first time is not in first place. I don't know if splyce is in first place either, I am honestly very conflicted as to whether splyce is better or if both teams are equal. Looking back, I would make the case that splyce is better. Optic dropped the ball on slayer to much, while splyce kept the consistency for the most part that we knew optic for. Either one could be argued the top team but I feel like it belongs to, right now, for the first time ever, to someone other then this ex optic roster. What do you all think?

On another discussion note:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Even when nV beat optic I said to people here that they were still the worse team. They were far to inconsistent, every run was a losers brackets run, even when they did beat optic it took them to game 7 every single time at the champs. And my god, the other time splyce beat optic and they played probably the most clean halo I have ever seen vs a top tier team (even snipedown called it the most clean halo he'd ever seen) that cemented it for me that optic was better.

However this team I think, for the first time is not in first place. I don't know if splyce is in first place either, I am honestly very conflicted as to whether splyce is better or if both teams are equal. Looking back, I would make the case that splyce is better. Optic dropped the ball on slayer to much, while splyce kept the consistency for the most part that we knew optic for. Either one could be argued the top team but I feel like it belongs to, right now, for the first time ever, to someone other then this ex optic roster. What do you all think?

On another discussion note:

Recent history speaks for itself. To think of the ex OpTic roster as the current best team you're running on blind faith and its up to them to actually win again if they want that to be the natural assuption

The mexico city players have a very small pool of players who know what they're doing. All running straight and standing still.......oh boy I feel bad for when whoever qualifies gets pooled with deeper skilled teams at worlds. It'll be painful

Eh the stw team that went to Orlando had to make a team change right before the event and they still gave Fyra a run for their money who ended up placing 5/6. I don't think they'll crack the top 12 but they will hold their own.

Smallest 2k yet? Splyce playing with Frosty in place of Eco, Rec playing with Randa in place of Mikwen, and no ex-Optic, Renegades, Str8, etc.

Yes by a wide margin, the smallest before this was 36 teams

I think a lot of people decided to go drinking instead today and they are probably burnt out having to play a tourney every week, also it doesn’t really matter besides the prize money

Hey Grimm, do you know why 343 won’t show us the playlist population numbers? I mean it must be low since matchmaking is making lobbies with platinums and champs...

Hey Grimm, do you know why 343 won’t show us the playlist population numbers? I mean it must be low since matchmaking is making lobbies with platinums and champs...

I think you just answered your own question.
  • Upvote (+1) 6

Team count at Mexico City?

22 and that's the most ever for HCS LATAM, last year they got 18

for context the EU HCS record is 28 teams, and ANZ this year had 17 teams (which is the ANZ record)

https://challonge.com/HWCMX

i think Splyce has proven themselves as the #1 team but motivated ex-optic is gonna be scary

• Upvote (+1) 6