CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I don't know whats more boring: the Ninja talk or the talk about how theirs too much off topic discussion.

You're doing it wrong.

If people are talking about Ninja or complaining about it, you post memes.

Memes are the solution. 

1426696-halo_3_beta_includes_free_crackd

• Upvote (+1) 4

I just played against Neighbor in the H3 throwback playlist. Not trying to brag, but I may have won.

His teammates may have been bad, but whatever.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sorry for being on-topic, but I wasn’t around when the Breakout discussion happened when Halo 5 was released. Can anyone remember why it wasn’t included as a World Champs/pro league game type?

Sorry for being on-topic, but I wasn’t around when the Breakout discussion happened when Halo 5 was released. Can anyone remember why it wasn’t included as a World Champs/pro league game type?

Short answer: nobody liked it. I believe it stayed for worlds 2016 and was dropped shortly after, or maybe it was dropped shortly before.

Long answer: It was a drastic change from the other gametypes, no spawn control, lower health than normal, no real need for power weapon control after the initial break. A lot of players complained saying they didn't enjoy it and it was eventually removed I believe after Snakebite called them out on it. Maybe Snakebite calling them out was a different feature, I don't quite remember.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Short answer: nobody liked it. I believe it stayed for worlds 2016 and was dropped shortly after, or maybe it was dropped shortly before.

Long answer: It was a drastic change from the other gametypes, no spawn control, lower health than normal, no real need for power weapon control after the initial break. A lot of players complained saying they didn't enjoy it and it was eventually removed I believe after Snakebite called them out on it. Maybe Snakebite calling them out was a different feature, I don't quite remember.

You got it.  Josh holmes came on here saying there was a call with pros and most wanted to keep it.  Snakebite said "no there wasn't, that never happened".  

Shitstorm ensues, breakout gets dropped

• Upvote (+1) 5

You don't think Microsoft can afford somebody?

They could, but the question is would they? Probably not.

Tweet Ninja this, see if he responds. "If H6 is good in your eyes, how much would MS/343 have to pay you to play it on stream for a few days/week"?

Breakout makes me mad because we got that instead of Oddball or King of the Hill, and when we finally get Oddball and King of the Hill. Oddball is broken and King of the Hill isn't made with Dev tools, its made because the FORGE team are the only ones who really truly responded to feedback and suggestions.

Tom French being Multiplayer Director is great because of how interactive he was with the Forge community and how he responded to feedback and suggestions. If the MP community gets half the attention he gave the Forge community when he was in charge of Forge, we might actually see changes to gametypes and map layouts in Halo 6's lifespan.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It sucked. Very few comp players liked it, most wanted it removed from the HCS rotation. 343 kept pushing it down our throats. Lots of discussion/arguments were posted here against it. I think it was tibs who tweeted an in depth post of his on here to one of the main 343 guys (dont remember who at this point) and the dudes response was something along the lines of "thats an interesting PoV but i disagree and according to our data ppl like breakout because it gets played in MM". Such a compelling rebuttal amirite?

Anyway, can't find the link to the 343 dude posting "the lie" (hopefully someone else can) but he stated that breakout was pulled and top pros were in favor of it. Snakebite replied with that there was no such poll, Saucey then did - http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/12246-poll-hcs-pro-player-feedback-gametypes-settings/

That poll, which showed 90% of pros didn't want breakout in the hcs. It was removed after that. 343 lies, they lie a lot. Usually to save face/appear better than they are towards others, to get their way. They just so happened to get called out on that particular lie and backed themselves into a corner.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Awesome thanks for the responses.

I keep wanting to see Breakout in pro games, and with a few setting changes I thought it would work (normal shields/health, no shotgun, one flag ctf, even using it on a symmetrical rarely used map like Tyrant or Stasis) however the crux of the problem is this:

Each round can end in a tie.

In CS GO and COD, if the terrorists don’t detonate the bomb, they lose the round. Which means they have to make plays. In Halo, if one team loses a few players and are outnumbered, they can just camp by the flag. This stalemates the game and is very boring.

Is there any possible setting or game type adjustment that would make Breakout work at all though?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Awesome thanks for the responses.

I keep wanting to see Breakout in pro games, and with a few setting changes I thought it would work (normal shields/health, no shotgun, one flag ctf, even using it on a symmetrical rarely used map like Tyrant or Stasis) however the crux of the problem is this:

Each round can end in a tie.

In CS GO and COD, if the terrorists don’t detonate the bomb, they lose the round. Which means they have to make plays. In Halo, if one team loses a few players and are outnumbered, they can just camp by the flag. This stalemates the game and is very boring.

Is there any possible setting or game type adjustment that would make Breakout work at all though?

I came up with an idea for breakout which I thought might work quite well.

First off make it so the flag is capture rather than push. That would encourage players to actually move towards the middle at the start of the round (this might already have been done, I can't remember)

Secondly, if the time runs out there would be 3 possible outcomes:

1. The team with the most players standing wins the round.

2. If both teams have an equal number of players then the last team to get a kill wins the round.

3. If neither team gets any kills it's a tie (I feel like this is a rare enough situation that it won't matter all that much).

This means that as soon as someone gets a kill one team is always on the offensive.

Also, the maps should be designed so that it's easy to grab the flag but not easy to cap it.

You could also change the objective. Remove the flag and replace it with an instant capture stronghold. If the time runs out whichever team holds the point wins.

Or you could make it asymmetrical.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The idea that we're constantly talking about wanting to talk about Halo 5 without actually coming up with things to talk about re: Halo 5 sums up why we aren't talking about Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 8

They could, but the question is would they? Probably not.

Tweet Ninja this, see if he responds. "If H6 is good in your eyes, how much would MS/343 have to pay you to play it on stream for a few days/week"?

I mean a dead game like H1Z1 is still paying very large streamers to play it regularly. Of course right now, Ninja would cost a lot more money, but the amount Microsoft would have to pay him is a much smaller percentage of Microsofts money in comparison with the amount Daybreak has to pay someone like Lirik/Sodapoppin.

The idea that we're constantly talking about wanting to talk about Halo 5 without actually coming up with things to talk about re: Halo 5 sums up why we aren't talking about Halo 5.

Well yeah unfortunately its almost completely whining at this point. The community at large around here really just isn't all that into the new style of Halo so the older modern games get the less we talk about them. Hard to be excited about something you probably would never spend more than a few minutes on if it weren't for games that are ~10-17 years old

I just played against Neighbor in the H3 throwback playlist. Not trying to brag, but I may have won.

His teammates may have been bad, but whatever.

Didn't he leave 343? Maybe he'll make a comeback??

What's wrong with moving the off topic discussion into other threads though? 

It's still the same site, it's still the same community. The only difference is the thread title.

See, the issue with this thought process is the same as too many playlists. I know for myself personally, I never leave this thread, and I highly the other active posters leave this thread either, so in order to entertain our off topic discussion, we just talk in this thread.

You're doing it wrong.

If people are talking about Ninja or complaining about it, you post memes.

Memes are the solution. 

1426696-halo_3_beta_includes_free_crackd

I bought Crackdown for Crackdown. Can't wait for the 3rd one. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

You could also change the objective. Remove the flag and replace it with an instant capture stronghold. If the time runs out whichever team holds the point wins.

Or you could make it asymmetrical.

i think these 2.  Just copy CS in a way.  there needs to be a "Real estate" objective to be captured and you win the round by either capping the objective and holding it for X amount of time, wiping the other team before its capped, or "Defusing" the capture.  The halo wrinkle would be that instead of picking weapons at the start of the round, weapons are placed on the map.  You could have the weapons on the map change per-round. Either escalating in power per round, or just alternating.

There could be 2 variants.  One with a "Capture or defend" mechanic for asyms, and one that has a neutral objective for symmetrical maps.

I still don't see that this would fit with traditional competitive halo though.  Comp halo just needs flag, hill, assault and oddball.

I bought Crackdown for Crackdown. Can't wait for the 3rd one.

Most people bought it for the H3 beta though. Then realized after the fact that it was a pretty fun game.