CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

why do AAA game releases suck nowadays? is just incompetent developers? or combined with publishers trying to pump out games too fast?

Most AAA games are made for the wrong reasons now. Too much focus testing. Too much over developing. Too much worrying about what other games are doing. Too much pressure to maximise sales.

Remeber bungie's old "we make games we would like to play and we hope you like them too".

That no longer seems to be the mentality of most AAA devs

• Upvote (+1) 1

Provided you can actually load the game to formulate an opinion on the maps.

Don't go down that road. 343 would lose with halo 4 launch and MCC launch. In fact COD is already fixed in 1 day so...

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Most AAA games are made for the wrong reasons now. Too much focus testing. Too much over developing. Too much worrying about what other games are doing. Too much pressure to maximise sales.

Remeber bungie's old "we make games we would like to play and we hope you like them too".

It's all about data these days :/. Even during the weapon tuning stream, it was all focused on numbers. Even though everyone knows the plasma rifles are broken, it wasn't fixed, because data didn't support it. 

why do AAA game releases suck nowadays? is just incompetent developers? or combined with publishers trying to pump out games too fast?

yes

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's all about data these days :/. Even during the weapon tuning stream, it was all focused on numbers. Even though everyone knows the plasma rifles are broken, it wasn't fixed, because data didn't support it. 

It's almost like an unspoken code in certain situations.  "It's so fucking broken, I won't be that asshole and use it".

So Liquid is Stellur/Eco as of now I'm not all that shocked that they made a team change after placing 2nd I mean it's world's season now and I honestly thought that Spartan wasn't the best pick-up they could've made.

Either way with two of the top four teams making changes I look forward to seeing what new squads form out of this though I don't see Splyce making any changes because there ceiling is much higher then any other team tbh no other team has dominated Optic the way they did at Dreamhack Atlanta.

I am happy for Huke, he is going back to a game he will genuinely enjoy, and make GOOD money while playing it.  Liquid tho...why  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 3

I fucking cried. :mj:

ye me too, the reaction cam killed me. I just can't watch ppl cry..

Watching TJ try so hard to be funny and not be sad, but then finally cry as he and Roy hugged made me fucking collapse into tears.

The whole video was emotional, but the Roy and Lethul moment near the end forced me to fight off tears. Roy was my favorite player in H3 and Reach. He will be severely missed more than any other veteran pro player imo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Losing 50-49 wb rd 3 to str8 warlock ts. Ended up fucking them because carbon got upset by nice like rice, which meant 5k had to play carbon in losers for top8. It was the only tourney they didnt get top8 in h2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

EG are doing commemorative jerseys for Roy and Lunch. I've been wanting an EG jersey for a while now, I guess its about that time.

Watched the video again to see if I could make it without crying, nope nope nope

I got Oddball Riptide first map, won 200-2,then stopped playing.

Well thats stupid. Brand new playlist man.  its gotta rank you first.

Well thats stupid. Brand new playlist man. its gotta rank you first.

Oddball Riptide is cancer, actually anything Riptide. You just hide in blue room the same way you play Slayer, it’s a shit map.
  • Upvote (+1) 7

Oddball Riptide is cancer, actually anything Riptide. You just hide in blue room the same way you play Slayer, it’s a shit map.

Yeah but there's a half dozen other maps in there and he was obviously playing scrubs. Only playing one blowout game isn't giving anything a fair shot.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The last 3 years I've been coaching have been amazing. I've got so much love and respect for the community and i'm so grateful for the bonds I've created with so many incredible people. I know this is extremely vague and I'll write up something more formal later but just wanted to say this for now  :)

Trying to steal the spotlight from Roy smh...

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah but there's a half dozen other maps in there and he was obviously playing scrubs. Only playing one blowout game isn't giving anything a fair shot.

Well yeah, it’s also a social playlist, you should have a different approach to it.

Devs probably have zero say in the game. I'd guess they are told what to do and have little time they have to do it.

Half those maps are probably Tyrant, overgrowth, torque, molten,and stasis if I got Riptide. No thank you. EDIT: I'm not saying Oddball is bad, I just don't want 343s garbage dlc maps to be shoved down my throat again.

Devs probably have zero say in the game. I'd guess they are told what to do and have little time they have to do it.

Eh, yes and no.  I'm sure in terms of micro-transactions and being "forced" to make DLC (or cut out parts of the game for DLC) then that's probably on the publisher.  In terms of mechanics and other parts that get put into the game, that's greatly on the developer, notwithstanding the publisher overstepping their bounds.