CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So any info on the new org for ex-optic? 

No but I think Royal 2 tweeted a few drake lyrics, if that helps.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Why so serious then?

Because I have nothing better to do and I'd like to see this forum enter the 21st century?

I'm sorry if you guys think I'm only trying to (gasp!) make it easier to find information for a public resource, but in reality I rarely ever use this site for that purpose as Twitter is much more convenient and is where almost all HCS news is broken in the first place.

I think it's truly hilarious that myself and the wiki are now being villainized because I dared to criticize this site's structure. You guys must have some great strategy meetings.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Look - I know it is worlds season, but lets face facts, some of the aspects of the worlds schedule just isnt that appealing to a NA dominant audience. (Staying up until 4am to watch an AU event for example). It is okay to mix in the discussion with other things in the meantime. When we have a major NA online qualifier LAN, etc, nobody in this thread is talking about rent, ninja, or their love of comcast.

a lot of the people complaining were also posting about cod and gears events in appreciation of mlg and also destiny when that came out. a lot also mainly lurk and get mad at the direction of the discussion without trying to participate. orlando was feb 16-18. that event occupies pages 474-547. we talk about halo but most people are viewing this as the downtime to columbus. with columbus brackets, we would probably see more on topic posts. right now most people dont seem to care about the once a year showing of outlier regions are filling their time by discussing other shared interest outside of halo and building themselves a community within beyond. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

So this is about the wiki, and not about the community. 

???

i'm not involved with the wiki so idk what you're talking about

Nobody is blocking anyone from making a thread about ANY topic they choose, and when an event isnt going on there are like 3-5 pages in this thread a day.

The whole "searching through pages of irrelevant stuff" line is a severely overblown comment.

my point was why not use the OT thread if you want to discuss OT topics

this thread already exists as the "HWC discussion thread"

why would i make a new one to discuss HWC

[1] infused vs [2] vexed

• Upvote (+1) 7

Because I have nothing better to do and I'd like to see this forum enter the 21st century?

I'm sorry if you guys think I'm only trying to (gasp!) make it easier to find information for a public resource, but in reality I rarely ever use this site for that purpose as Twitter is much more convenient and is where almost all HCS news is broken in the first place.

I think it's truly hilarious that myself and the wiki are now being villainized because I dared to criticize this site's structure. You guys must have some great strategy meetings.

Okay bye then?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

No but I think Royal 2 tweeted a few drake lyrics, if that helps.

that just reminds me of the maniac era OpTic Halo when they skipped scrims to have a drake listening party. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

I'll make this my last post about this topic unless it gets brought up again in the future.

I just think it's infortunate that across two LANs this last weekend, both featuring casters and/or players we're familiar with, and we maybe got a page total of discussion. I'm not trying to push blame, I've posted more about this topic today then I posted last weekend so I understand the irony of my post. But I think it would be cool if the metrics were reversed. If instead of five pages of Ninja discussion and one page of HCS discussion, if it was flipped the other way where there was more talk about HCS with the occasional piece of Ninja discussion, especially during larger events. I like hearing Ninja updates, but I find it almost constantly overshadows other discussion unless it's an NA event.

I don't really have the solution, I get why Ninja discussion is relevant, I just find it interesting.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Pretty cool content from Xbox Mexico

i was really impressed by these, i don't know what they are saying but i appreciated the effort put in

and the spotlight it gives the players

So any info on the new org for ex-optic? 

do you think they even sign with an org?

i hope they do because obviously they can get some salary but i wonder if any org can afford them and will give them a good deal

I would love to see the Optic Halo squad go to 100T.

I also feel like in my own dream-world, Hecz and CO jump ship and start their own (different) organization.

Sadly in the world of non-competes, etc., that would be highly doubtful.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'll make this my last post about this topic unless it gets brought up again in the future.

I just think it's infortunate that across two LANs this last weekend, both featuring casters and/or players we're familiar with, and we maybe got a page total of discussion. I'm not trying to push blame, I've posted more about this topic today then I posted last weekend so I understand the irony of my post. But I think it would be cool if the metrics were reversed. If instead of five pages of Ninja discussion and one page of HCS discussion, if it was flipped the other way where there was more talk about HCS with the occasional piece of Ninja discussion, especially during larger events. I like hearing Ninja updates, but I find it almost constantly overshadows other discussion unless it's an NA event.

I don't really have the solution, I get why Ninja discussion is relevant, I just find it interesting.

I really think everyone is in a lull at the moment, while a lot of us respect the European, Australian and Latin events - it doesn't do a lot of hardcore fans here on a daily basis. With those over a span of the last month, it's going to cause those fans to get uneasy and wanting to see NA Halo play. Once Columbus and Seattle roll around everything will be back to normal. For those that have been around, this is all just normal.

• Upvote (+1) 4

i hope they do because obviously they can get some salary but i wonder if any org can afford them and will give them a good deal

I think they do sign with another org. Either, Hecz convinces whoever to give them what they want to bring them back to OpTic, or we see a org come back like CLG, C9, Liquid, or someone like that come to the space to pick them up. I would love to see 100T come to halo. Then Lxthul could 1v1 LeBron in Halo since the Cavs own 100T

between clg and optic i think they've proven themselves to be worth the investment especially since they haven't had any team changes and have been so successful. the win and are stable, what more could you want outside of streaming

my point was why not use the OT thread if you want to discuss OT topics

this thread already exists as the "HWC discussion thread"

Technically, you arent wrong. 

Realistically though - the concept of *un-interesting things are going on right now* is going to spawn some OT discussion for a short period, and then things get back on track when more NA relevant events come around. 

I personally think the memes, OT banter, etc, is what makes Beyond awesome  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 9

i was really impressed by these, i don't know what they are saying but i appreciated the effort put in

and the spotlight it gives the players

Would have been better to have CC in English tho. Is not that time-consuming when it's only 3 minutes.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Would have been better to have CC in English tho. Is not that time-consuming when it's only 3 minutes.

^

I think they do sign with another org. Either, Hecz convinces whoever to give them what they want to bring them back to OpTic, or we see a org come back like CLG, C9, Liquid, or someone like that come to the space to pick them up. I would love to see 100T come to halo. Then Lxthul could 1v1 LeBron in Halo since the Cavs own 100T

i think 100T makes a lot of sense, they could do it to spite optic, nadeshot is a console guy, and it would probably be a low investment compared to their other esport ventures

liquid would be cool to see, EG too but idk how their management feels about the state of halo

Technically, you arent wrong. 

Realistically though - the concept of *un-interesting things are going on right now* is going to spawn some OT discussion for a short period, and then things get back on track when more NA relevant events come around. 

I personally think the memes, OT banter, etc, is what makes Beyond awesome  :simms:

i agree 100%, i love team beyond for that exact reason

i just find it unfortunate that HCS has very little narrative because there's very little discussion, and that leads to less interest, which to leads to less discussion and it's a vicious cycle

i'm definitely gonna do my part to try and reverse that trend

and i totally understand that people are going to be less interested in the less talented regions for a multiple of reasons, but i also think their growth/health has a big effect on our own and i also think they are interesting in their own right

we should support all regions that compete in halo, and people should understand that yeah obviously these other regions aren't as good as NA, but it's important to see which shark from the tank comes out on top and if we support their competitions their level of talent will rise and they will have more opportunities to play NA teams

between clg and optic i think they've proven themselves to be worth the investment especially since they haven't had any team changes and have been so successful. the win and are stable, what more could you want outside of streaming

i'd be more than okay with them representing my org, like you said they have continuity, they are successful, and snakebite is a classy mofo

-snip-

this is also what i mean

this post should go here: http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/5443-halo-5-guardians-discussion/page-5925

• Upvote (+1) 1

People might actually discuss the HCS more regularly if you didn't have to wade through mountains of off topic shit to see relevant posts.

It's not exactly hard to ask people to post off topic stuff in the off topic thread.

It's not like it would ruin the banter and memes etc if they were in another thread. It's pretty simple to switch between two threads.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

People might actually discuss the HCS more regularly if you didn't have to wade through mountains of off topic shit to see relevant posts.

It's not exactly hard to ask people to post off topic stuff in the off topic thread.

It's not like it would ruin the banter and memes etc if they were in another thread. It's not exactly hard to switch between two different threads.

The issue is both threads would be dead in a matter of a week. It just seems like a lame excuse to hide what the real issue is, there isn’t much to talk about for competitive fans of Halo right now.

We’ve done HCS AM threads, we’ve done Beyond Discord, we’ve done Beyond Twitch chat, etc.

A lot of the staff has been around for 10+ years with this community, and these type of threads and discussions. This isn’t anything new, it’s a lull right now - and will pass when events and Halo news begin to spice things up again.

• Upvote (+1) 5

It's not like it would ruin the banter and memes etc if they were in another thread. It's pretty simple to switch between two threads.

yet you found your way here for another complaint post. 

look, big picture is that there is not much hcs discussion here, on r/comphalo or on waypoint so i dont know why beyond has to be this bastion of pure on-topic discussion. if you have something on topic you want to discuss, please post that and if people are interested, conversation will happen. this to me is the benefit of the format of this forum, when i browse it, i see all post, not just to most popular ones and if i want to talk about it, i reply and everyone who hasnt blocked me yet will see it

• Upvote (+1) 1