CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Not really, but maybe if you consider each line of memes a new "discussion".

Are you trying to stifle my memes?   :uncledrew:

It's the maps and the spawns that keep it from expanding though.

I sincerely believe their is nothing that can be done about them without completely redoing the maps.

Some people like forums. What alternative is there? Teambeyond moves to facebook?

I know 343 shares blame as well for hardly experimenting with gametypes or weapon layouts.

About your response to Ahawowow, that's not what he meant. The way the discussion on this forum is structured is not normal. On most other forums, discussion is spread out across numerous threads, allowing for more diversity in subject matter and more easily found posts. It's very unusual for TB and the old MLG Forums that all discussion is forced into a big mega thread.

• Upvote (+1) 1

oddball is gonna be a big help but we obviously still need more

hopefully something happens at e3 that reignites peoples interest in competing again

depending on the HCS format after worlds format and what's at stake i think a lot of people are just gonna play to stay sharp for h6

this is kind of the issue i have with the thread

competitive halo discussion can't happen on a day to day basis because 90% of the thread is off topic and because obviously there's "not as much to talk about"

it gets drowned out

suggestion: rename this thread the OT thread and rename the OT thread the HCS thread

Look - I know it is worlds season, but lets face facts, some of the aspects of the worlds schedule just isnt that appealing to a NA dominant audience. (Staying up until 4am to watch an AU event for example). It is okay to mix in the discussion with other things in the meantime. When we have a major NA online qualifier LAN, etc, nobody in this thread is talking about rent, ninja, or their love of comcast.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I know 343 shares blame as well for hardly experimenting with gametypes or weapon layouts.

About your response to Ahawowow, that's not what he meant. The way the discussion on this forum is structured is not normal. On most other forums, discussion is spread out across numerous threads, allowing for more diversity in subject matter and more easily found posts. It's very unusual for TB and the old MLG Forums that all discussion is forced into a big mega thread.

Start a new thread and I bet you $100 it's dead and gets completely forgotten in a week.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I remember when we created the Team Beyond discord channel that everyone asked for. It's a ghost town outside of when we run Astro tournaments.

It's cause you guys never added a section for Shadowrun. Place would have been poppin...

For me I just simply don't care about any of this ninja stuff. I'll recognize his success and skill but I'm just not a big fan.

How is this place stifling discussion when it's literally one of the only places for consistent discussion?

Bring up a new topic, do some research into the Latin America teams and write some profiles on them, do some history on the players, tell us who we should look out for, or feel free to go to reddit's competitive Halo forum and enjoy your topics with three comments there. It's just ridiculous to me people will more readily complain about something that they want to talk about rather than just bring up what they want to talk about and have the discussion follow.

In my opinion you're one of the most infuriating and least contributing posters to this thread, with constant criticism and little to no content or context.

I don't give a shit about LATAM. I just don't think HCS discussion should be confined to whatever meme we're giggling at this week when we essentially have a forum section that isn't being utilized.

and lol at literal community cancer trying to project, fuck off

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Arguably one of the biggest events in recent gaming history involving the merging of a niche subset of gaming, live streaming, and a huge facet of pop culture, Drake, happened last night with a former and well loved Halo pro, Ninja, and all you dudes wanna complain about is the fact no one is talking about the Latin America qualifier. 

I'm from Latin America and I don't follow Latin America qualifier sadly. It's not fun to follow a "scene" that die and then just reappear close to Worlds every year.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Halo-related. Discuss.

So true. Thats pretty much it.

Start a new thread and I bet you $100 it's dead and gets completely forgotten in a week.

Yes, that's the point...? it's because the Halo community forum is weird, it's a matter of forum culture and habits built since the MLG Forum days. It could be an interesting topic but because it's another thread it has less appeal. Maybe I misread your intention with the post.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't give a shit about LATAM. I just don't think HCS discussion should be confined to whatever meme we're giggling at this week when we essentially have a forum section that isn't being utilized.

and lol at literal community cancer trying to project, fuck off

Are you actually mad about memes or are you mad that it makes it harder for you to find information for your wiki? 

I mean I wouldn't say they can't pay him enough but with the success hes seeing right now how much would they have to pay him to risk putting off an even larger following by playing unpopular titles? He's been around these people for years and look how he blew up the second he abandoned ship. Probably more about the marketing budget and his price point potentially not being compatible. Not because they don't have the cash but because its better spent elsewhere for them. Who knows though maybe he'd play a few games every now and then and it wouldn't be negative

I wouldn’t think it would be some long term thing. They’d just do what many companies do nowadays- send him a copy early and have him play it for a few hrs a day just before launch. It wouldn’t be some rediculous expense- it would just replace traditional marketing avenues like TV/Print ads and trailers at the cinema.

Look - I know it is worlds season, but lets face facts, some of the aspects of the worlds schedule just isnt that appealing to a NA dominant audience. (Staying up until 4am to watch an AU event for example). It is okay to mix in the discussion with other things in the meantime. When we have a major NA online qualifier LAN, etc, nobody in this thread is talking about rent, ninja, or their love of comcast.

i think it would be beneficial for the community to enable people to have those discussions without searching through pages of irrelevant stuff

this is the place for competitive halo discussion and it's not being fostered

i'm not suggesting that people shouldn't be allowed to talk about stuff that interests them but why not just do it in the appropriate thread

• Upvote (+1) 5

i think it would be beneficial for the community to enable people to have those discussions without searching through pages of irrelevant stuff

i'm not suggesting that people shouldn't be allowed to talk about stuff that interests them but why not just do it in the appropriate thread

So this is about the wiki, and not about the community. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

When an event isnt going on there are like 5-10 pages in this thread a day.

The whole "searching through pages of irrelevant stuff" line is a severely overblown comment.

• Upvote (+1) 8

So this is about the wiki, and not about the community.

Wtf are you on about? Twitter is where I get 95% of wiki info.

How many people are digging through pages to find stuff about HWC? 10 maybe? Outside of MLG events there is little to no interest.

• Upvote (+1) 1