CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

i think there's plenty to talk about, we're right in the middle of the worlds season...

we've had 20 scrims in the past 4 days, we have a NA worlds qualifier event next weekend, we could discuss potential orgs for optic, we could talk about super teams to beat splyce, we can talk about what people think is gonna happen with MLG+HCS after worlds, etc

The only things that matter are the MLG tournaments and worlds. Everything else is small talk. ESL did a real number on Halo. 

There was an Australian tournament last week. EGLx hosted a tournament in Toronto with a team of four pros, and many ams playing in it. There's a tournament in Mexico City starting tomorrow. There's an online FFA tournament in Microsoft stores on Sunday.

I don't know, I feel like we got what we wanted and now that we have it nobody wants to talk about it. I get that the Ninja stuff is exciting, I like hearing updates about it. But the fact that we had maybe a dozen posts about the Australian tournament in the tournament discussion thread is very interesting.

-----

I don't know much about the LATAM scene other than I know who Tapping Buttons is so I'm pumped for this weekend. Also I may be subbing for a player on Sunday for the FFA, not sure if I'm allowed yet. Also I'm introducing a Halo 4 kid to Halo 1 multiplayer at a LAN tomorrow, he only recently played the Halo 1 campaign for the first time and wanted to prove himself in no sprint multiplayer, I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Anybody else have Halo plans for this weekend? Watching HCS, participating at the MS stores, playing the H3 throwback playlist?

Most of that isn't exciting. Just being real. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

He said 480k for an individual

Record was like 388k by the Doc, Was 380k by loltyler1. Both records were made on comeback streams. New record is this one at ~635k.

I mean I wouldn't say they can't pay him enough but with the success hes seeing right now how much would they have to pay him to risk putting off an even larger following by playing unpopular titles? He's been around these people for years and look how he blew up the second he abandoned ship. Probably more about the marketing budget and his price point potentially not being compatible. Not because they don't have the cash but because its better spent elsewhere for them. Who knows though maybe he'd play a few games every now and then and it wouldn't be negative

The exposure they'd get now from him would be worth the money(both from his twitch and youtube). Hell Ninja just did a sponsored 2 hr stream like 2 weeks ago. Even if he did a 4 hour stream then resumed his regular schedule, I don't think that's out of the realm of possibility. 

This is just insane, I hope ninja just gets a revolving door of celebs wanting to play with him now

Drake stream round 2 will be hype

And this one wasn't even able to be hyped because Drake is so busy. Took 2-3 days for Drake to have the time, and this stream wasn't without delays and account issues. I'd like to see a well promoted, polished stream with a planned squad. Then the concurrent twitch count for the site may actually be broken. 1130pm Central on a Wednesday night and a late tweet by Drake, 600k viewers is astounding. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

At this point I'm gonna have to ignore half of the users of this forum.

Anyways, what are your predictions for Mexico City?

• Upvote (+1) 2

No, as long as you aren’t a dick about it

What bothers me is people don’t even try to talk about competitive halo, and then the people who do try to discuss competitive halo get burried under 25 off topic posts, so nothing ever gains traction

Yesterday was special cause the guy had 500k viewers but this is a daily ninja discussion thread

i feel like at this point of the game and the competitive scene of h5, there is not a ton to talk about. when big things happen, i feel like the thread is good about staying on topic (mlg announcement, venue/date announcements, orlando which had so much good halo discussion.) this to me was the best part about the weekly pro league was that it kept a constant discussion on how teams were working, standings, and potential roster changes. i think 343/mlg really missed an opportunity to have a dedicated stream for the 2k bracket as that wouldve drawn more eyes and been better for overall discussion that having to constantly switch streams

i dont want the thread to look like it did in the offseason where this place was basically empty. i'd rather us fill the time with memes and off topic discussion so we can at least keep talking and enjoy the downtime vs deserting this place until something significant happens. we have a week and a half before columbus. i'm probably not watching much of mexico city bc i dont watch for the game itself anymore, just the players i like (i'm sure many people feel the same) so i really am waitng for na news (brackets plz @@Tashi.) until then i'd rather not just have to abandon posting but just shoot the shit about ninja, rent, fast food, or other games. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

ii'd rather us fill the time with memes and off topic discussion so we can at least keep talking and enjoy the downtime vs deserting this place until something significant happens.

But, man, this is a Halo forum. Yes, I enjoy the ocassional memes from time to time, specially when they are about Halo pros and stuff, but if you really like offtopic discussion (Ninja, COD, whatever), there are many other forums and websites for that. I don't go on TB to read about off topic stuff, I'm a Halo esports fan and I want to talk Halo esports on the HWC thread.

The biggest Latin American tournament starts this weekend and you guys haven't even talked about it.

I don't know, maybe I should just move on to r/competitivehalo or something lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The only things that matter are the MLG tournaments and worlds. Everything else is small talk. ESL did a real number on Halo.

Most of that isn't exciting. Just being real.

Fair enough if you don't like it I guess.

What would excite you? You mentioned MLG events and worlds. I'm assuming a new game would excite you. Anything else?

I'm mainly asking because at one point (not necessarily you, but in general) a lot of people on this forum were asking for more events, and for work to be done for the local scenes, and for some way to do LAN, and we have all of those things now, with LAN having a few issues still, and instead of talking about these things we now talk about Ninja, or how much we don't want to talk about Ninja depending which camp you fall into.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Fair enough if you don't like it I guess.

What would excite you? You mentioned MLG events and worlds. I'm assuming a new game would excite you. Anything else?

I'm mainly asking because at one point (not necessarily you, but in general) a lot of people on this forum were asking for more events, and for work to be done for the local scenes, and for some way to do LAN, and we have all of those things now, with LAN having a few issues still, and instead of talking about these things we now talk about Ninja, or how much we don't want to talk about Ninja depending which camp you fall into.

Halo 6 has some potential as long the art direction is different and the aiming doesn't feel like shit. I think the only things worthwhile are the MLG events and worlds. Everything else is a distraction. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

But, man, this is a Halo forum. Yes, I enjoy the ocassional memes from time to time, specially when they are about Halo pros and stuff, but if you really like offtopic discussion (Ninja, COD, whatever), there are many other forums and websites for that. I don't go on TB to read about off topic stuff, I'm a Halo esports fan and I want to talk Halo esports on the HWC thread.

The biggest Latin American tournament starts this weekend and you guys haven't even talked about it.

I don't know, maybe I should just move on to r/competitivehalo or something lol.

i can look up the teams and see the rankings but unfortunately i don't know these players/teams. please feel free to lead the conversation on this. is thee a team that can take games off na? who should we be watching? as of now though i have no attachments to the players and i have no attachment to h5 where i want to watch people im not invested in. but please give me some teams/players to watch and i will try to watch them

If we only talked about Halo-related topics, this thread would be dead.

Like it or not, there isn't much to talk about at the moment, even with HWC Mexico City this weekend.  I doubt many people here outside of the LATAM region really know anything about the teams or players outside of names like Tapping Buttons or Danny Knight, so it's hard to be invested.

We've said it before, at the end of the day, the users of this site dictate what is talked about in this thread.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Tapping_Buttons.png?version=18a3fafaf774

• Upvote (+1) 2

The only things that matter are the MLG tournaments and worlds. Everything else is small talk. ESL did a real number on Halo. 

K

There was an Australian tournament last week. EGLx hosted a tournament in Toronto with a team of four pros, and many ams playing in it. There's a tournament in Mexico City starting tomorrow. There's an online FFA tournament in Microsoft stores on Sunday.

I don't know, I feel like we got what we wanted and now that we have it nobody wants to talk about it. I get that the Ninja stuff is exciting, I like hearing updates about it. But the fact that we had maybe a dozen posts about the Australian tournament in the tournament discussion thread is very interesting.

-----

I don't know much about the LATAM scene other than I know who Tapping Buttons is so I'm pumped for this weekend. Also I may be subbing for a player on Sunday for the FFA, not sure if I'm allowed yet. Also I'm introducing a Halo 4 kid to Halo 1 multiplayer at a LAN tomorrow, he only recently played the Halo 1 campaign for the first time and wanted to prove himself in no sprint multiplayer, I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Anybody else have Halo plans for this weekend? Watching HCS, participating at the MS stores, playing the H3 throwback playlist?

respect for showing the newer generation the older games, hopefully he can appreciate it and not just rage :P

i'm hoping to be off work to catch the latam stream this weekend, if not i'll catch the vod for sure, and i hope they stream the ms store division finals but i doubt it

i've been playing the h3 playlist exclusively since it came out, the weapons, maps, and radar are cheesy but it's still fun

Xr48H2l.png

^mexico city broadcast schedule

i feel like at this point of the game and the competitive scene of h5, there is not a ton to talk about. 

i disagree but i hear ya

if you don't make an effort to learn about the scene and the players then basically everything has no context outside of the household name players

until then i'd rather not just have to abandon posting but just shoot the shit about ninja, rent, fast food, or other games. 

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/26-ot-of-gd/

Beyond%20Thinking.png

i think shock the world is gonna win cause i like atzo and drift, and whatever team gambino and dualitat are on is gonna do good as well

• Upvote (+1) 5

Less scrim streaming is also another culprit for less daily HCS discussion. There's really a lottt of factors but I do believe a good portion of it rests on the community. There's tons of things I'd like to talk about that our community used to discuss more, I think the community just has a higher standard of what is worth discussing now (which correlates with less enthusiasm, H5 is an old game). We could have a whole thread dedicated to discussing Shotzzy's playstyle and clips and jumps, for example. Renegades has been putting up some really impressive scrim scores lately (except the very last one), I wonder what has changed for them.

Know what would help? Remember those interactive brackets someone used to make on MLG forums that was super easy to fill out and copy paste the results from? If someone was capable of doing that, it would definitely increase HCS posts. I just don't know how to do it. Unfortunately we need Pool announcements first though.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Be the change you want to see on the forums. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

K

respect for showing the newer generation the older games, hopefully he can appreciate it and not just rage :P

i'm hoping to be off work to catch the latam stream this weekend, if not i'll catch the vod for sure, and i hope they stream the ms store division finals but i doubt it

i've been playing the h3 playlist exclusively since it came out, the weapons, maps, and radar are cheesy but it's still fun

It should be fun, he's a pretty light hearted dude so I think he'll be able to laugh it off. If nothing else I'm going to have him sit beside me the entire night and yell at the other two guys every time they choke, so he'll be able to enjoy that at least.

Some of the individual stores may stream it themselves. I doubt they'll do an official stream though, I think you're right. The employee at my store was the one trying to get the stream running himself at out last two events. I'm not sure if the stores are supposed to set it up or if he just took initiative. You'd have to know who to follow though, we streamed under "ckccommunity03" or something last time.

The H3 playlist is really fun. Some of the gametypes in the playlist are whack but it's so refreshing playing without abilities.

I appreciate the schedule as well! I thought things kicked off Friday night and thought I'd miss some of it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

guys, ffs, the Ninja talk in general has gotten out of hand, but this is literally a huge cultural event involving an ex-Halo pro that definitely has ramifications for esports / streaming in general.

we've already talked about what orgs could pick up OpTic (at length), we already know that there aren't any super teams to beat Splyce (the best 8 players are on Splyce and OpTic), no one has any clue what will happen after worlds, scrims are near-meaningless, whoever qualifies from LATAM will get first-rounded at worlds, etc etc.  let's be real -- none of that shit is exciting, at all. 

these threads have been going off-topic for literally 3-4 years, it's not the end of the world.  discussion will pick back up when anything of note happens in competitive Halo, as it always does.  

Exactly, none of these foreign teams are getting into the top 4 - and I meant that respectfully. I joined this board because it was mostly memes, subtle trolling, and halo ball-busting. 

When we have the real events is when the hype starts. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

guys, ffs, the Ninja talk in general has gotten out of hand, but this is literally a huge cultural event involving an ex-Halo pro that definitely has ramifications for esports / streaming in general. 

yeah i know, i mentioned that one post b4  :kappa:

Less scrim streaming is also another culprit for less daily HCS discussion. There's really a lottt of factors but I do believe a good portion of it rests on the community. There's tons of things I'd like to talk about that our community used to discuss more, I think the community just has a higher standard of what is worth discussing now (which correlates with less enthusiasm, H5 is an old game). We could have a whole thread dedicated to discussing Shotzzy's playstyle and clips and jumps, for example. Renegades has been putting up some really impressive scrim scores lately (except the very last one), I wonder what has changed for them.

Know what would help? Remember those interactive brackets someone used to make on MLG forums that was super easy to fill out and copy paste the results from? If someone was capable of doing that, it would definitely increase HCS posts. I just don't know how to do it. Unfortunately we need Pool announcements first though.

it would be nice to see some smaller, more focused threads, especially for clip compilation 

would make it easy for people to see a lot of stuff at once

Some of the individual stores may stream it themselves. I doubt they'll do an official stream though, I think you're right. The employee at my store was the one trying to get the stream running himself at out last two events. I'm not sure if the stores are supposed to set it up or if he just took initiative. You'd have to know who to follow though, we streamed under "ckccommunity03" or something last time.

the microsoft store program has apparently been incredibly successful so i expect some real streams in the future, maybe even this year

When we have the real events is when the hype starts. 

^this is such a shitty attitude and it's pretty disrespectful to everyone who competes in a region outside of NA

• Upvote (+1) 4

yeah i know, i mentioned that one post b4  :kappa:

it would be nice to see some smaller, more focused threads, especially for clip compilation 

would make it easy for people to see a lot of stuff at once

the microsoft store program has apparently been incredibly successful so i expect some real streams in the future, maybe even this year

^this is such a shitty attitude and it's pretty disrespectful to everyone who competes in a region outside of NA

It's just real talk - only the most sensitive people would get offended by that. No one with common sense would think I'm being disrespectful. Until there are teams that can topple the best from our country, there is no point in getting hyped. I'm just saying what most are thinking. 

Some UK teams are very dominant, though. 

• Upvote (+1) 2